The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Local Score!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Sunday, on a local classifieds site, I found a listing titled "Star Wars 'Early Bird Special'" with the following description:

Quote :
I have an Early Bird Special with Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker, R2D2 and Princess Leia. Original packaging from the 70's in the original box sent in the mail! The light saber in Luke's arm functions properly. Send an email to me if interested.

There wasn't a picture and my first thought was that it was the 2005 modern set, but I figured it didn't hurt to send a question asking for a picture. A few days passed with no response, so I figured it must have sold. Then yesterday I got a reply that the seller didn't have any pictures. I decided to ask some questions about the set, like figures still in bags, dt saber (with link to animated gif Smile ), paperwork, etc. He answered all my questions and everything sounded correct. I arranged to meet him tonight to see the set and hopefully work out a deal.

My initial thought was to sell the DT Luke to cover some of my costs as I plan to add sealed baggies at a later time. However, in meeting with the seller I found out it was his original set and he recounted a visit to Utah to see SW for the first time with his cousins. It was fun to hear his memories and was enough to make me want to keep the loose figures with the set. He said he never really played with the figures and with how minty they are I certainly take his word. He wanted reassurance that they were going to a good home which I told him they were and that I focus on the mail away promotions.

An EB set has been on my want list for a long time and I still can't believe I have one in my possession and the DT Luke with a very nice saber. cheers

Local Score! Eb1
Local Score! Eb2
Local Score! Eb3

Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Great googly moogly! Great score, man!
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:11 am

Bloody hell Shawn, that really is a score!!!!! cheers

That looks in great condition too.

Now, what did it cost?
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:48 am

Wow! Shawn, that is an amazing find. congrats mate!! :clap:
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:59 am

Fantastic find Shawn!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:40 am

Wow very nice looking EB mailer. Congrats on the local pick up.

Did you pay the price or got a steal? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:23 am

cheers Way to go Shawn! That DT Luke looks brand spanking new! That's the kind of stuff I would love to find locally. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:22 am

As I told you last night Shawn... awesome stuff!!!!

It's even better to see higher quality pics today! Wow! I just cannot believe it. What an amazing story and the set it absolutely beautiful!

Great job man. It couldn't have gone to a more deserving collector.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:39 am

Was great to wake up to see the email "I bought it!" from you haha

So glad it worked out and that really is a score, the DT Luke is flawless and I am so stoked for you Shawn! Just a perfect end to an otherwise boring week!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:46 am

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I still can't believe it. Laughing

For those asking the price, I'm not going to disclose it right now. It wasn't a under $100 steal or anything, but I do feel that I got it under market value and closer to a price that I could stomach.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:46 pm

WOW!!! jawdrop Thats one hella deal, Shawn. It just go to show that some deals are still out there in the wild outside Ebay. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Wow, just to add my congrats too, Shawn! Glad it came your way and just goes to show how much amazing SW stuff is still out there. You just got to be chuffed to bits at that :clap:
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Holy Cow!!! Shawn that's awesome man, congrats!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 2:17 pm

Great story and great find.

Congrats Shawn!!
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:12 pm

Beauty that m8, gives a shout when ya need 30quid for it Wink
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:53 pm

LOL Shawn!

One day you're gonna email me and it going some be something boring like I went to the cinema or somthing and I won't have to run a grab a PC!

That score is so huge in so many ways... an original EB kit with all the original contents and the original history to go with it. Keep it all together if you can Shawn - complete sets like that are so much more precious than kit bashed pieces. The feeling I have now reminds me of Marco's vader case find with all the figures names and letters.

Sweet.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 2:43 pm

wow some score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Local Score! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Score!   Local Score! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local Score!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1