The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rebo Band Piano Variant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VadersWS6
New User
New User

Rebo Band Piano Variant Empty
PostSubject: Rebo Band Piano Variant   Rebo Band Piano Variant I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi All,
I'm just getting back into collecting vintage SW after a 15 years hiatus or so and this site has been a great resource! I recently bought a second loose Rebo Band and noticed a difference between the pianos. The one I've had for about 20 years has no "LFL 1983" stamped underneath and also has a different circle pattern in the center than the one I recently purchased. In addition, the underside of the rectangular part is thinner and has two molding circles instead of one. Lastly, the gold along the outside ring is slightly duller than the other version. I've done some research on Ledy's (didn't know about those 20 years ago!) and some of the description matches the Ledy version. My issue is that the figures that came with the old piano are definitely not Ledy. Anyone know if these were ever mixed from the factory? Possibly tri-logo or some other variant? These have been sitting in a closet for over 20 years after being purchased from the original owner so the set wasn't mixed and matched. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Rebo Band Piano Variant   Rebo Band Piano Variant I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:54 pm

welcome get some pictures up so we can have a better look Smile
EDIT :
aussiejames wrote:

LL is darker grey, keys are darker, dull bronze not gold
Rebo Band Piano Variant SDC11812
no COO & different mold circles
Rebo Band Piano Variant SDC11813

vs Kenner
Rebo Band Piano Variant SDC11814

Last edited by aussiejames on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Rebo Band Piano Variant   Rebo Band Piano Variant I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:50 am

Welcome to TIG VadersWS6 Smile There are two different Rebo organ spray ops across the Can/USA & Trilogo issues - gold and bronze. Not sure about Ledy - especially if you say the figs are def not Ledy and weren't mixed/matched? Stu (Burnsy) has a Ledy Rebo band, Dan as well I think, maybe they can confirm later. If you can post some pics in meantime.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Rebo Band Piano Variant   Rebo Band Piano Variant I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:15 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
There are two different Rebo organ spray ops across the Can/USA & Trilogo issues - gold and bronze. .
http://www.rebelscum.com/VINtmaxrebo.asp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebo Band Piano Variant   Rebo Band Piano Variant I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebo Band Piano Variant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1