The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Read all about it. Updated 3/16

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Empty
PostSubject: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:32 pm

Thought I'd highlight some of the book collection. And this is just a small part of what I have.

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1568

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1567

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1566
All US releases except the Clone Wars, UK release

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1565
French, UK

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1563
UK releases and French ESB comic adaption

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1564

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1553

Guide and reference books.

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1554
Few of the hardbacks.

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1557
The one that started it all.

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1558
Young Jedi Knights. Need need three to finish the run.

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1551

The ROTJ one in the upper right is the UK version, the rest all US release

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1550
Legacy of the Force set.

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1549

New Jedi Order minus Destinys Way which is on the way

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1548

International releases. UK, France, Portugal, Japan, and Romania.

I'll update later with the rest of the kids books,hardbacks and audio books along with any new additions when they come in.

Last edited by Chris_J on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:42 am

You've been busy Chris! Great collection there, I like the international stuff esp the Japanese books,
lots of reading for you - plus you got some great artwork on the covers to look at too Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:38 am

Thank you bud. I got the full set of US releases that was released on paperback so far. Its hard to find something I need now without going for all the kids books which I've been doing. I've got the German and Aussie sets coming thanks to a member here and on RS, plus a few more UK, French, and German ones from Ebay. I'll add the rest I have in hand over the next few days when the new arrivals come in. Just think, this all got rolling hard last month thanks to the "The Rise of Darth Vader" book.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:36 am

Wow! you have been busy Chris!

Have to ask - did you read them all yet Laughing
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:48 am

Nice Chris

I have had a few of them my self but they are long gone.

And as Paul says there are some cool art work to look at .

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:34 am

Joe, not yet. Im working on it, though. I just started the NJO set 2 days ago and its interesting. Vector Prime is the story where Chewy dies. :crying: I'm not big on the expanded universe, but reading these got me into it now. Makes me want to collect modern now. lol!

Soren, yhea the art work is killer on these. Like the French SW novel, Luke looks like he's holding just the blade on his saber and thats Just Vaders head popping out the Death Star like a UFO. I'm wanting to finish the full run of the vintage novels from all countries, SW, ESB, ROTJ, and Splinter of the Minds Eye. Its a long and hard road to find any in excellent condition where it doesn't look like they were run over. I'll update later today with more of these including the hardbacks and miscellanaces books I got. I should be getting about 10 more in today if the tracking is correct on them.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Chris. NOOOOOOO don't collect the modern. It's a Drak Path.

As for the EU stuff. I read the stories for what they are. An entertaining read. Some folks get all pumped and pissed because the writer takes a character into a direction they don't agree with. "Ruins the movies for me." the say. Please. Just because it's on paper doesn't mean you have to accept it into your own idea of the SW universe. But I digest.....

Awesome foreign covers. The fact I can't read them makes them exotic and cool.

Nice run.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Great book collection Chris!

One of the first collecting books I picked up was that Star Trek & Star Wars guide (1st row 2nd book). I also have the Space Adventure Collectibles book which is another fun one to look at. In fact I remember being a little disappointed that the full color pictures in that book were reused for the 1st edition SW guide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Nice collection Chris. I've got a pretty large set myself. Some essential guides, Legacy Of The Force, The Republic Commandos Series, starting on the NJO, and some other misc books here and there. Also got a huge set of kids books for my son.

BTW - the LOTF was a great line. Even if it is EU.Fun to read. And I think the Republic Commandos novels have been the best written, most entertaining series of the bunch. Just started Order 66. I partial to Mando's & Clones so I really dig these. It tells a great story of how the Republic mistreated the clones (and Palpatines plotting behind the whole scheme). Different point of view and isn't really about the Clone Wars. I think even people how are fan's on the PT would still find these entertaining. I can't wait to see what happens to the bunch once the Order is issued.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:32 am

Shawn, that was the first guide for me also until I found the Tomarts guide. I just love going back and seeing the insane prices some of those have in it now. Too bad you cant pick up some items for those prices now, Droids R2 $5-10 and Boba Fett $25-35. lol! I havent sat down and checked out the Space Adventure guide yet. Guess it was cheaper to reuse than take all new shots for the other guide.

Paul, your right about some of the modern collectors. If its not cannon, they go ballistic over it. Those are the types who would go to a book signing and cuss the auther out for killing off their fav character.

Dallas, no spoilers please. Evil or Very Mad Laughing I got all 4 of the Republic Commandos and haven't read them yet. I always heard that Karen Traviss was the worst writer to write SW. Let me know what kids books you got for your son. I might have a few extras I can send to you for him when I send your next package out.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Heres the newest to the collection. Thanks to Uli for picking these up for me.

Read all about it. Updated 3/16 Img_1560

Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Nice Chris! Those foreign covers are a cool touch!

As for Karen Traviss. I agree that she was a pretty sh*tty writer in the LOTF line - except for Bloodlines, her novels were hard to get through. But she nailed it with the Republic Commandos Novels. You'll have to let me know what you think.

As far as my kids books I'm going to have to look at what he's got. I've bought so many and he pulls out different ones at different times that I usually don't even remember buying them. They are all new books though. I'd like to find something from my era that he could read. A Droids or Ewok's book. I dug out an old record player and he plays the hell out of the ESB read a long book I picked up. He's got the thing memorized now. He asked me the other day if he could color in one of my ROTJ coloring books... I had to take the book and scan some pages for him to color. Even better for him - if he messes up he can start all over again.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 3:23 pm

Dallas, I think I can help you out there, bud. Give me a few minutes to take some shots and I'll pm them to you. I got some extra vintage stuff here for him.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Hey Chris!

Just seen you book collection - very cool indeed. Cool I got the bug too so appreciate the work you done in tracking down the collection you have so far. Have you got any of the Darth Bane novels yet? It was quite cool to see where the Sith's Rule of Two came from.

Good luck in tracking down more books and don'r forget to keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:00 am

Appreciate it Craig. Yhea I got all 3 of the Darth Bane novels. So far I got all the US paperback thats out, minus Destinys Way. I had it coming but the seller said they no longer had it and now I'm on the hunt for another one. I'll pick it up off of Amazon.com later on. That is one of the hardest to find in pb. I'll be doing an update later today with all the ones I got in recently and the rest of what I have I didnt take shots of yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read all about it. Updated 3/16   Read all about it. Updated 3/16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Read all about it. Updated 3/16

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1