The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 Empty
PostSubject: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:17 am

Panastur,

I really wish these pieces are from my collection! Anyway here are the pictures posted up for our discussion :

TRILOGO ROTJ Boxed ISP-6 Mini Rig

Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 ISP6andTRUETri-LogoBox

TRILOGO ROTJ Boxed MTV-7 Mini Rig

Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 294429985_23ba89eeec_m

What I will like to know is how well are their distribution in Europe? Were they made in limited numbers? These are the initial questions that I can think of right now.

Last edited by Chancellor_Peter on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:45 am

Chancellor_Peter wrote:
Panastur,

I really wish these pieces are from my collection! Anyway here are the pictures posted up for our discussion :

TRILOGO ROTJ Boxed ISP-6 Mini Rig
TRILOGO ROTJ Boxed MTV-7 Mini Rig

What I will like to know is how well are their distribution in Europe? Were they made in limited numbers? These are the initial questions that I can think of right now.

Hi Peter,

They were all produced in Spain when the far-east factories stopped their production insight to reduce transport cost and speed-up distribution.
The ISP-6 is one of the last to be produced in Tri-logo boxe. It was previously released in the most known Bi-Logo box (Made in Spain) taken from the original Bi-Logo (Made in Taiwan) production box. Tri-Logo were produced for the European market only....but in very limited quantity, like the x-wing, y-wing...

The MTV-7 is an older Spanish production. It was firstly released with the PDT-8 and the MLC-3 on ESB spanish POCH boxes (Imperio Contraataca) for Spain only. Then it desappears from the spanish catalog and was only released on the "Made in Taiwan" Bi-logo version. It's said that it could be released on a GMJ box but no example is confirmed, then it ended in this Tri-Logo box....Limited, very limited.

Hope that helps...

JC Smile
Back to top Go down
Nelg_Semaj
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Nelg_Semaj

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Back in the mid to late 80's (cant recall exact year but i know i was a young teenager possibly 13/14) out local newsagent (the kind that sold newpapers,cigarettes,sweets,matchbox cars,comics,small toys,cheap versions of brand names etc) started selling these star wars mini rigs in these funny worded (tri logo boxes) i remember at the time (knowing little about Star Wars merchandise) thinking they were fakes as i'd never seen anything "Star Wars" with all this foreign writting on nor had i seen anything like the vehicles before ,but been a SW Fan i secretly bought them each week with earnings from my paperround (out of the glare of my mates for fear of been laughed out of town as we were all "too old for toys" by then).....now (older n wiser) when i think back to those days I think of what we had right there in our local newsagents ,it also makes me wonder why he ever started selling them and where he'd sourced them from,wondering where they some surplus stock he got on the cheap (he sold them for £5 each) as i worked for the shop delivering papers I was able to ask him to put one of each aside for me to buy each week ,and so they got taken home and put up onto the shelves in my room (unopened) alongside all my loose figures until been moved to the attic (see story in mishaps for the next part of that saga) ...... prior to these my SW toys were made up of Kenner & Palitoy single logo boxes / cards.

Anyway, the point I was getting at was, When I think back I always think these were surplus stock after the initial SW craze died out or mass produced foreign peices that makers offloaded on the cheap to small shop owners as the bigger toy stores lost interest in the SW line of toys or possibly aging stock that the bigger stores had and sold off to small retailers.
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:09 am

Nelg_Semaj wrote:
...put up onto the shelves in my room (unopened) alongside all my loose figures until been moved to the attic...

Any chance of some pictures (maybe some old pictures)? I'd really love to see them!

Uli
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:45 am

Idefix13 wrote:
Nelg_Semaj wrote:
...put up onto the shelves in my room (unopened) alongside all my loose figures until been moved to the attic...

Any chance of some pictures (maybe some old pictures)? I'd really love to see them!

Uli

Glen I agree with Uli, if you do have some old pictures taken of these pieces, please do post them here for us to see. Smile If they happen to be old photographs, get them scanned ASAP Wink

The TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed Mini Rigs that you've bought for £5 each back in the mid to late 1980's could have included these 2 very pieces in question? Smile
Back to top Go down
Nelg_Semaj
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Nelg_Semaj

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:22 pm

I'll put it on my "to do" list next time i'm at the rents, i'll ask where the boxes of "embarrassing family photo's" are and have a root through,I dont ever recall me or anyone else purposely taking pictures of what would have been deemed "glen's toys" bitd , only hindsight gives reason to do so but there may well be those chritmas morning pics laying somewhere in a shoebox Embarassed ..... unfortunatley the mini rigs dont fall into that category,anyways, I'll finger my way through any box of pics they have and see if i can find anything for the "awwwhhhh factor" Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Nelg_Semaj wrote:
I'll put it on my "to do" list next time i'm at the rents, i'll ask where the boxes of "embarrassing family photo's" are and have a root through, I dont ever recall me or anyone else purposely taking pictures of what would have been deemed "glen's toys" bitd , only hindsight gives reason to do so but there may well be those chritmas morning pics laying somewhere in a shoebox Embarassed ..... unfortunatley the mini rigs dont fall into that category,anyways, I'll finger my way through any box of pics they have and see if i can find anything for the "awwwhhhh factor" Embarassed

Glen thanks for sharing and good memory that you have. Yes it will be cool to see the scanned pics of your back in the day Star Wars figures from those "embarrassing family photo's" of yours. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Panastur wrote:
Hi Peter,

They were all produced in Spain when the far-east factories stopped their production insight to reduce transport cost and speed-up distribution.

Hi Jose,

Really appreciate your info on the manufacturing origins of these 2 TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 Mini Rigs. Smile Any idea whether the words "Hecho en España" are inscribed onto the bodies of these exclusively made in Spain Mini Rig vehicles :?:

Panastur wrote:
The ISP-6 is one of the last to be produced in Tri-logo box. It was previously released in the most known Bi-Logo box (Made in Spain) taken from the original Bi-Logo (Made in Taiwan) production box. Tri-Logo were produced for the European market only....but in very limited quantity, like the x-wing, y-wing...

Juan, this also includes the Desert Sail Skiff (DSS) and Endor Forest Ranger (EFR) besides the ISP-6 and AST-5, right? Logically speaking the DSS and EFR are the last 2 Mini Rigs released in the RETURN OF THE JEDI packaging, regardless whether they are US Kenner or UK/European Bi-Logo packaging.

Speaking of the TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxes for the ISP-6, were they ONLY produced in Spain or perhaps some of these SAME Trilogo ROTJ boxes were made in the UK under PALITOY, for distribution in the European market during that period?

Also could there be examples where the imported Made In Taiwan ISP-6 Mini Rigs packaged directly into the TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxes :scratch:

Panastur wrote:
The MTV-7 is an older Spanish production. It was firstly released with the PDT-8 and the MLC-3 on ESB spanish POCH boxes (Imperio Contraataca) for Spain only. Then it disappears from the spanish catalog and was only released on the "Made in Taiwan" Bi-logo version. It's said that it could be released on a GMJ box but no example is confirmed, then it ended in this Tri-Logo box....Limited, very limited.

Juan is there any difference between the GMJ box and the TRUE Trilogo ROTJ box for this made in Spain MTV-7 Mini Rig :?:

Is production quantities for this True Trilogo ROTJ boxed MTV-7 the lowest compared to the other Trilogo ROTJ boxed Mini Rigs that were also made in Spain :?:

Speaking of these TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 plus the X-Wing and Y-Wing Fighters (as you've mentioned), I'm pleased to know that they are going to be featured in Page 185 of John Kellerman's Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition book. Here is a sample picture of this page dedicated to Tri-Logo Vehicles :

Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 Page8-186-medium
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:04 am

Hi Peter,

This is a lot of questions in post but here we go;

Chancellor_Peter wrote:
Any idea whether the words "Hecho en España" are inscribed onto the bodies of these exclusively made in Spain Mini Rig vehicles :?:

No "Made in Spain" marking on the toy itself. The original markings were just scared.

Panastur wrote:
The ISP-6 is one of the last to be produced in Tri-logo box. It was previously released in the most known Bi-Logo box (Made in Spain) taken from the original Bi-Logo (Made in Taiwan) production box. Tri-Logo were produced for the European market only....but in very limited quantity, like the x-wing, y-wing...

Juan, this also includes the Desert Sail Skiff (DSS) and Endor Forest Ranger (EFR) besides the ISP-6 and AST-5, right? Logically speaking the DSS and EFR are the last 2 Mini Rigs released in the RETURN OF THE JEDI packaging, regardless whether they are US Kenner or UK/European Bi-Logo packaging.

Even if the DSS and the EFR are late Jedi (US) production, they were delayed in Europe to be produced in the Spanish factory with the other 3L mini-rigs.

Chancellor_Peter wrote:
Speaking of the TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxes for the ISP-6, were they ONLY produced in Spain or perhaps some of these SAME Trilogo ROTJ boxes were made in the UK under PALITOY, for distribution in the European market during that period?

Palitoy was more dedicated to produce and package larger vehicles. Mini-rigs were exclusively manufactured and packaged in Spain.

Chancellor_Peter wrote:
Also could there be examples where the imported Made In Taiwan ISP-6 Mini Rigs packaged directly into the TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxes :scratch:

Could be possible, this happened with some early Speeder Bike, but i think that the 3L are too late in the production to be mixed with imported production.

Panastur wrote:
The MTV-7 is an older Spanish production. It was firstly released with the PDT-8 and the MLC-3 on ESB spanish POCH boxes (Imperio Contraataca) for Spain only. Then it disappears from the spanish catalog and was only released on the "Made in Taiwan" Bi-logo version. It's said that it could be released on a GMJ box but no example is confirmed, then it ended in this Tri-Logo box....Limited, very limited.

Juan is there any difference between the GMJ box and the TRUE Trilogo ROTJ box for this made in Spain MTV-7 Mini Rig :?:

The toy is the same but the box is completely different, with side flap, french logo on the front (taken from a Canadian box layout). Again, this is only a rumor, there's no confirmed GMJ MTV-7 example, just some the PDT-8 are still arround.

Chancellor_Peter wrote:
Is production quantities for this True Trilogo ROTJ boxed MTV-7 the lowest compared to the other Trilogo ROTJ boxed Mini Rigs that were also made in Spain :?:

Absolutely. How many boxed 3L MTV-7 do you know to exist??? ...maybe an handfull of them. Maybe less...

Chancellor_Peter wrote:
Speaking of these TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 plus the X-Wing and Y-Wing Fighters (as you've mentioned), I'm pleased to know that they are going to be featured in Page 185 of John Kellerman's Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition book. Here is a sample picture of this page dedicated to Tri-Logo Vehicles :

Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 Page8-186-medium

Yes, that's a good news for the hobby. I just hope they will be described as deserved.

JC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:01 am

Hi Jose,

Appreciate your prompt response to the 5 addition questions that I have posted for you yesteday. cheers :clap:

Let me sum up some the new things that I've learnt from your reply :

1. There are no "Made in Spain" marking on any of the toys. Logically this would extend to the rest of the Mini Rig vehicles that were made exclusively in Spain.

2. The Desert Sail Skiff, Endor Forest Ranger, AST-5, ISP-6 and MTV-7 had their production delayed in Europe, and they were eventually produced together in the said Spanish factory.

3. Mini-rigs were exclusively manufactured and packaged in Spain. I guess this would have extended to the 1985 Power Of The Force Imperial Sniper, Security Scout and One-Man Sand Skimmer vehicles. I can vouch for the Security Scout vehicle.

4. "Palitoy was more dedicated to produce and package larger vehicles." - perhaps this would have included the rare TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed X-Wing Fighter and Y-Wing Fighter I suppose.

5. Roger to the part on what the GMJ produced MTV-7 packaging would have been like if any examples exist. I have seen the online pics of the GMJ produced ROTJ boxed PDT-8. :cool laugh:

6. "..maybe an handfull of them. Maybe less..." - that best explains the production run of the TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed MTV-7.

Lastly, me too as I hope that there will be at least some good description given for the Trilogo ROTJ boxed vehicles in John Kellerman's Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition book. Smile
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:04 am

Took me about a year of looking to get a Tri Logo ISP-6. Would love an MTV-7, but they're even rarer and more expensive!

Jason
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:51 am

mr_palitoy wrote:

Took me about a year of looking to get a Tri Logo ISP-6. Would love an MTV-7, but they're even rarer and more expensive!

Jason

Jason, you've got a PM coming at you mate! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7   Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions regarding TRUE Trilogo ROTJ boxed ISP-6 and MTV-7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1