The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you really feel about collecting?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

How do you really feel about collecting? Empty
PostSubject: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:10 am

Just though i'd pose this question as i myself go through periods of not enjoying/wanting to sell/feeling burned out ect whilst collecting.

Ive even sat back and though "am i sad?" "should i really be enjoying what im doing?"

Recently ive stoppped buying Star Wars and moved onto He-Man as its a fair bit cheaper and my son also loves it, with all the forums, all the debates, all the scamming ect i became a bit down about it and listed a lot of stuff (albeit that it was all in the loft anyway)

Ive found that buying loose stuff for a few quid and letting my son have it all is a bit more enjoyable, as im getting to play inadvertantly with my old toys and not distancing myself away from my family by reading posts and chatting on forums ect.

So what phases do you all go through, ill be the first to admit im not an "all out" collector, but i love what i do. I have many toy lines in my collection ranging from Terrahawks, Clash of the Titans, WWF and Star Wars.

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:34 am

Hi Andy, interesting thoughts!

I'm still relatively new to collecting SW so for me there is no 'burn out' issue yet though I can appreciate what it must feel like sometimes for others who have been in the hunt much longer. I have my main focus of completing a loose set (nearly done!) with an additional mini-focus or two (or three Rolling Eyes ) to keep things interesting.
Sometimes I do wonder if it's a bit sad to be collecting these SW toys but tbh if it wasn't SW it'd only be something else! Like you, I have collecting interests in other stuff - Corgi vehicles, Rupert Bear annuals, Dr Who to name a few. But at the moment SW is my main passion.

Can't remember who it was now but someone over on RS posted a 'various stages of SW collecting' which was fun to read and applicable to all collectors whatever stage they were at. One thing about this hobby is it's so bloody addictive!

That's great you're getting into the MOTU line. My 2 1/2 yr old son only has only a slight interest in SW so we have much more fun playing Duplo and Thomas the Tank Engine at the mo lol!
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Everybody needs a hobby and as long as it isn't illegal, immoral or leaves an itching rash I say go for it. There is no question that I am a "collector" by nature and I come from a long line of them. I collect CDs, movies, movie props, toys, model kits, books and have gone through phases on all of them. I've cut way back on a lot of things and sold a lot of things off since I started a family. I still collect things and have just had to get a little more selective.

It's interesting that I haven't hit a burn-out with Star Wars like I have other things. When I was in my 20s I collected model kits like crazy--and I went bananas and got all kinds of aftermarket detail parts for them. Stuff that I was saving for "the future" that I could work on some day maybe with my kids. I still have more than my fair share of kits but I've sold off most of what I had simply out of economic necessity but also out of a waning interest. I started building models when I was 5 years old and my son who is 7 shows little interest in the hobby. On top of that kits these days are just stupidly expensive--even when adjusted for inflation. A model car that sold for $4 or so when I was a kid now costs $20--for the same kit!! For my kids a model kit is more of a toy that you build so I'm really not up to paying for even a modestly priced kit that I know is going to end up in the trash.

This kind of cycle is pretty typical of all my interests. I still buy models occasionally--and aftermarket detail bits--but not very often. I also don't buy books or music like I used to (though at the time I was working at a store that sold both so I kept them in business--lol).

The prop thing has been my main obsession for the last dozen years (though I've been interested in them for much longer) and so far doesn't show any signs of fading.

Dave

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:39 pm

How Do I really Feel About Collecting? - I love it! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Joe's comment made me chuckle... I love it too mate.

But tbh even I have hit the wall a few times since I started in the 90s. To quote Jackie in the new Karati Kid Movie: Too much of one thing is bad for you. I think if you give your self a little bit of time for other interests and make sure you have both "me" and also "family & friends" time you can make sure that your not too consumed.

Haven't just got properly engaged I will probally be spending less (hopfully not too less) on my hobbie as I will want to start saving for the wedding. But if I can pick up a few pieces a long the way then at least I let the hobby simmer away until I can get back to tour de force.

As well as you own friends and family out where you live, I think the Forum help a little in one way as you can make new friends and discover new interests. There's some great people on TIg that would make me stay in even if I wasn't actively collecting
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:55 pm

I got that way in '09 when I sold my other collection off (which was my second collection to sell off), I just got burned out on it. I had every figure, minus Yak, along with several variants. Just buying up everything. When I got out of it, I went back to collecting comics and comic figures again like a mad man. But coming here got the spark going again. Even if its not toy related items, its still fun hunting down those pieces to add to the collection. Now that I got the animation bug to help set off the other items (comics, CD's, DVD's, stamps, other vintage toys) its never a dull moment on what to get to keep it interesting. One day later down the line, the figures might make an apperance in my collection again when I get the itch for them again. But for now, I got enough to keep me busy for awhile to keep my intrest up in what to collect.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:53 am

I got to a stage where i was logged onto forums all day at work, then logged in again when i got home, it got to be an obsession and i needed to distance myself a bit.

I have a lot of great responses to this and other people have hit the same barriers, i started to question what i was doing and was it worth it.

Ill rear my head from time to time but ive definately made a decision to stop my collections, i sat and looked at my 21 back fett a while ago, i weighed up what i spent on it, the fact that it will degrade and the bubble may/may not fall off in time and thought its not worth it, i could go on holiday with the family with that money lol.

Ill always collect, buy and resell ect, maybe im going through the collecting menopause lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
vialli
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
vialli

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:20 pm

I know excactly what you mean plantman, I have been a collector of Star Wars figures for 30 years on and off now and still love the concept of it, although it's more nostalgia now than in the early 80's, I do find each time my passion is revived the reason it dwindles is purely down to money, I still need several of the last 17 to complete my loose collection, which I am desperate to finish, but being a married man with a Daughter, everytime I go to buy that elusive Yak Face or Amanaman I cannot justify the cost, it is so frustrating, but i will not be beaten, I will not rest until I have the set, i'm just gonna have to stick my neck out and go for it, and this is why after all these years I still love collecting Star Wars, trying to get everything from a particular intrest is what drives us as collectors. Keep the faith, but whatever you're hobby is, be happy in it.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:54 pm

I love collecting Vintage Star Wars and my passion hasn't waned in anyway in over 8 years now.

For me whats is so awesome is there is always something to new learn (no matter how long you have been around).

The other great factor is that Vintage SW era is so diverse / expansive so you can dip your toe in any facets of the line.

I have to admit last year i had the chance to do a proper collection room spending many months focusing on display has really re-enforced exactly what i want to collect as i have to consider display space and aesthetics rather than stock piling items in a cupboard.

The other great element is there are superb vintage SW items to suit any budget. Yes im a MOC man but there has been months or periods where i cut down my budget and just moved to picking up mint loose figures.

I'm also a real sucker for bargains as well LOL

I'm really looking forward to collecting Boxed / MOC Die Cast ships in 2011 cheers

Jay
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi lads,
Andy i understan How do you feel, i am in the same phase
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:43 pm

With all due respect to Andy, and now Javi - the collecting blues is quite natural, you guys have both gone after some high priced items in your collecting time frame and its no wonder you look at all that money tied up in plastic and cardboard and feel a bit empty. Toys aren't practical (like a car would be for example) or interesting to many outside the hobby (so its hard to get real life people to take an interest in what you have in your house), in that respect you can alienate yourself from the "norm" when buying them especially high priced items, in an extreme case (such as bad collecting blues) you can alienate yourself from your collection quite easily.

The luck with this hobby is that it retains enough popularity for items to keep their value over time or in fact make you a profit.

I don't mean to sound like a jack ass but do you think it might just be that with goals realised (like your proof set andy) you feel suddenly lost and wondering what on earth you spent all that time + money on pieces of cardboard for ?

I would say- sit on what you have, pick up another hobby (preferably an outdoors one) and when things get boring there take a look at your gear again and see what your head says, its always cool to have a foot in the door with this hobby at least.

Good luck to all those feeling a bit down- (it happens to us all)
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:02 pm

To echo what others have said here already, the collecting blues come to everyone. And sometimes they hang around for quite some time. We've all been there and we've all gone through it. So take some reassurance in knowing that.

In my past experience with collecting doldrums or blues I've always found myself taking a break. You can only hit so hard for so long and not expect to burn yourself out. Luckily with my display it's in a totally different room. And I have to make a conscious effort to go in there. So if I'm feeling down about collecting, I simply don't go in there. That usually holds keeps me going for quite some time. Also, I've found actually working on your display and getting things arranged really helps to get a new spark. Another thing that I've found to re-boot the collecting drive is to find another area or aspect of the hobby that you haven't yet discovered. And take that path for awhile. I've done all of these things that I've mentioned above and it's worked wonders for me.

I do want to offer a couple more words of advice about this subject though. When you are going after the big items, or have very large goals of seemingly impossible to find items, you need to remind yourself that it's a patience game. The reason this stuff is rare and expensive is because it's hard to find and there isn't many of them. So enjoy the hunt for these items, even if takes you months or years. It will make landing that piece all the more worth while knowing the time and effort that it took to land it.

Above all else though, don't forget that Vintage Star Wars collecting (and collecting in general) is about the hobby and friendships you make along the way. I can't tall you how much more I enjoy this hobby now that I've had the chance to meet some people face to face and interact with them on a daily basis. It's a wonderful aspect of this hobby and it's often overlooked. There's just nothing quite like logging in during the day and talking to like minded people, or seeing what new treasures others have unearthed. It's often a bigger kick to me to see others reaching goals and gaining wonderful new items. Especially all the wonderful "oddball" purchases of late. Those are simply fascinating!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:09 am

Chris that was a good read of some really helpful advice...

I definitely recommend looking at other aspects of the hobby to refresh the buzz. In my case, I have found the Luke Jedi character focus a great piece of fun and in some ways it felt like I just gone back in time started collecting again in the 1990s. I have learnt a lot and still finding out new discoveries.

Also having a number of different collecting interests allows me to ride the “gaps” when items from a particular focus dry up. It has taken me years to piece together a mail-away set at the condition I want and I still have a few good pieces to go. Additionally, although I only have 13 POTF coins to go for a complete set of 62, it will certainly be a few years before I can complete that too. I will definitely be applying your “enjoy the hunt and be patient” here.

I think having co-collectors or people that actively collect the same focus items can actually really help you. I see them as great collecting friends and assets rather than competition... we often help each other out, share ideas, and on a number of occasions help each other to pick-up some tough pieces.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Joe_O wrote:

This is how I feel too. Laughing

I've had my down times here and there and even taken a year or two off, but the thought has never crossed my mind to just sell up. I just enjoy it way too much.

It seems lately some people have had burn out and left the hobby for various reasons. It's usually the ones that feel they need to keep up with everyone else. the supposed "Super Collectors." I feel that many are so focused on the final goal that they aren't enjoying the ride to the finish line. Once they get to the finish line they feel regret for all the cash they quickly spent to just get there. I've always been slow and steady in my collecting and only spent what was in my means. I started collecting in the early 90's. I could have had some great items, but I was still in my early teens and didn't have a ton of money. A $50 proof was still a lot of cash for me then. I slowly worked on my loose vintage set as that was my goal. It took me almost 10 years (albeit a few years off in there) to attain that goal. Most collectors do that within their first year.

While I spent 10 years amassing the loose collection, I took time to look at other areas of collecting that I might be interested in once the set was finished. Things like coins, mailers and also thoughts about a character focus as I was enjoying some of the limelights that were happening in that category. This same process happened over the 5 years or so that it took me to work on the coin set that I recently completed. I still have quite a decent list of what I would still like to add to my collection and even if I didn't add any more to it, I could still go for a few more years.

I guess the points I want to make are:

1.Enjoy the journey and not just focus on the final goal

2. Never go in debt for your collection. Once your collection owns you it will eat you alive.

3. Go at your own pace. Just because another collector can put a run together in a month or less doesn't mean you have to do the same. It makes it that much more enjoyable when you do finish the run if you take your time.

4. Just because so and so has proofs, first shots, original drawings, etc doesn't mean you need them too. I enjoy many collections just by looking at the pictures. Sure I'd like to own some of the items, but I know they are out of my means and I'm fine with that.

5. Make your collection your own. I see a lot of the time when collectors get caught up in what is currently the hot item. I feel you need to ask yourself: Am I collecting it because I like it? or is it because It is what everyone is collecting right now? Does having an OJ Luke, DT figures, VC Jawa, Lili Ledy really interest me or is it because everyone else will say "Wow!"

6. Make friends. This aspect is still fairly new to me, but it's great having friends in the hobby that I talk to every day . It's even better going to a Celebration/Convention and meeting people first hand. This really recharges your passion for collecting. I wish we had one every year.

Anyone feel free to add to the list as I'm sure there is even better advise that could be given. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:26 pm

shawn_k wrote:
Joe_O wrote:

This is how I feel too. Laughing

I've had my down times here and there and even taken a year or two off, but the thought has never crossed my mind to just sell up. I just enjoy it way too much.

It seems lately some people have had burn out and left the hobby for various reasons. It's usually the ones that feel they need to keep up with everyone else. the supposed "Super Collectors." I feel that many are so focused on the final goal that they aren't enjoying the ride to the finish line. Once they get to the finish line they feel regret for all the cash they quickly spent to just get there. I've always been slow and steady in my collecting and only spent what was in my means. I started collecting in the early 90's. I could have had some great items, but I was still in my early teens and didn't have a ton of money. A $50 proof was still a lot of cash for me then. I slowly worked on my loose vintage set as that was my goal. It took me almost 10 years (albeit a few years off in there) to attain that goal. Most collectors do that within their first year.

While I spent 10 years amassing the loose collection, I took time to look at other areas of collecting that I might be interested in once the set was finished. Things like coins, mailers and also thoughts about a character focus as I was enjoying some of the limelights that were happening in that category. This same process happened over the 5 years or so that it took me to work on the coin set that I recently completed. I still have quite a decent list of what I would still like to add to my collection and even if I didn't add any more to it, I could still go for a few more years.

I guess the points I want to make are:

1.Enjoy the journey and not just focus on the final goal

2. Never go in debt for your collection. Once your collection owns you it will eat you alive.

3. Go at your own pace. Just because another collector can put a run together in a month or less doesn't mean you have to do the same. It makes it that much more enjoyable when you do finish the run if you take your time.

4. Just because so and so has proofs, first shots, original drawings, etc doesn't mean you need them too. I enjoy many collections just by looking at the pictures. Sure I'd like to own some of the items, but I know they are out of my means and I'm fine with that.

5. Make your collection your own. I see a lot of the time when collectors get caught up in what is currently the hot item. I feel you need to ask yourself: Am I collecting it because I like it? or is it because It is what everyone is collecting right now? Does having an OJ Luke, DT figures, VC Jawa, Lili Ledy really interest me or is it because everyone else will say "Wow!"

6. Make friends. This aspect is still fairly new to me, but it's great having friends in the hobby that I talk to every day . It's even better going to a Celebration/Convention and meeting people first hand. This really recharges your passion for collecting. I wish we had one every year.

Anyone feel free to add to the list as I'm sure there is even better advise that could be given. Smile

Best post so far of 2011, I completely agree. I hope newer collectors and those who have been in for 2-3 years don't get disillusioned by threads about the hobby being "sad" or a waste of time - its not the hobbies fault if you burn yourself out or move too fast. And if you genuinely feel that you spent money wisely and still feel its not for you, then its simply a case of that- you had your fun and its time to move on Smile That's something thats down to the individual and not the hobby (which is great!)

There is no reason to keep up with the Jones's so to speak or to have it all that quickly, its only a sure fire way to be left feeling empty and bored.

Slow and steady wins the race - no-one will think any different of you if you take 10 years to finish a goal Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:29 pm

javiswspain wrote:
Hi lads,

Haha - only lasted a day huh Javi? Wink

Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:57 pm

This is a real nice breather of a topic, with something that conserns us all. I love the hobby, learning new thing, the joy of friends getting new and exciting stuff. I love the limelight section, and get a lot of inspiration from there.

I spend the first 3 year of coming in to collecting buying all the loose figures and variations that I came to learn about. Through this period, I had gotten a good collector friend and became a personal friend too. Most know who Im talking about. Hanging out we discussed all the cool things but prior to live in Denmark we had shared a few rotten apples by the same person and started to relate to this as a drug market. Craving for more, and when you get burned there would allways be another or better high along the way.

I have never dealt with stuff on a pricerange I couldnt afford, because I couldnt justify the money. Even read tekst on the internet about buyers addicting and its as real as its gets. When the rescession came, I just sat back and saw all hell brake loose. On scum you would see well known collectors bailing out because of their personal interest as just an eksample. (Other for what we´ve seen on the news but this is about collecting.)

Some family friends and even my family got hit by this period, and I did some heavy thinking. I couldnt justify having a couple of grant wortrh of toys, when I should be thinking of takin care of myself. It was a selfish descission, but I sold of most of my collection. Keeping a few good items that stand close to me as why I started collecting this nostalgia in the first place.

We all go through changes in collecting, some find other ereas to keep the interest going. In my case I went back to basics.

I love the hobby, I have been collecting comics since I was a teen all the way through adulthood. It was such a joy coming into the vintage world of star wars at the time - new drug. I would say I have a lot of experience in collecting, but when the time came, I had to do the right thing for me, be a responsible adult.

I dont even miss that part of my former collection, it just makes me appriciate more what I have now, and I stil love the hobby
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Well in a way collection Star Wars and other old toys are the same to me as the Ring is for Gollum.

1) I hate collecting (in periods), but can’t resist.
2) The stuff I have is mine and I will not let it go.

That is why I in periods stop being online and stop posting at forums. The collection bug is taking over. And if I let it take over I will use all my time and money on collection, and that’s not what I want. This is also the reason for me to be a bit slow at times. You know posting, shooting pictures, answering pm/mails and so on.

In a way I cloud just keep the full set of vintage figures I have now and say that is it. But Star Wars is too big a part of me to do that, and I mainly collect of nostalgic reasons so I have some stuff that I want to get for my collection. As a rule I don’t collects proofs, variants, MOC etc. But just some items that I think are cool or fit in to my small focuses.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Joe_O wrote:
javiswspain wrote:
Hi lads,

Haha - only lasted a day huh Javi? Wink

JOe, really i like the hobby but i dont know what to do with my collcetion.I have been collecting all my life but hardly the last 10 years or so , i am happy just with the basic run and i dont know why but i feel that everything else is extra and dont make me happy( now), its a weird feeling...
i am still working on the PBP guide for TIG ( also looking for some figures Wink )so i am not out of the hobby at all, but i feel i dont need anymore figures and ,if i feel i dont need anymore figures, what else can i do now?
My whole life is a bit confused now a days and i think that reflects in to my hobby, i think thats all...
sorry for my poor english, i am bit tired to think and write properly....
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Well at some point you just collect to collect. Not for you sake, not for a focus. But just because you want something new in your collection.
That is when you need to slow down and take a break.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:42 am

Hi guys i thougt i bump up this tread insted of making my own.

After reding this thread and Andy's It got me thinking relly hard. I have been over this MANY times in my head and i have come to face the fact that i was in a collecting blues.

As some of you know i have been out of collecting for over 15 years and just got back this summer. Things had changed and there was this internet . So i could get what ever i wanted , and so i did. Embarassed

But now im not all that happy with all the stuff that i got. So after many hours off thinking and goging back to what allwas
have been the most intresting stuff for me since i was a kid

The fact is that it alwas has ,and always will be ESB. When i got my first ESB moc it just startet to fill up a void that have been there since i was a kid . Never had any ESB cardbacks only ROTJ and Tri logos.

So i will in the future only collect ESB stuff with a few itims wellcome from the other lines Very Happy And maybe start getting a few rare itims on the way Very Happy

Comming to terms with this in my mind have made me happy again and i feel that a collecting burden have been liftet from my shulders . I can now only look for stuff that i realy want . And skip the rest

This is might be what you guys call a focus Very Happy But what ever it is called it has made me happy and i feel free to start trading and selling the nice and cool stuff that i brougt / tradet . But don't realy rock my day

And im now a happy vintage ESB collotor Very Happy

This might even end up in a limelight from me . I have not had the right idea to do it before , becouse my stuff have been so many difrent lines and things. But now i think i have found the idea and the sperit to do it Very Happy

I will ad stuff for trade and selling later on.

Thanks Soren

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:13 am

Good luck in your new direction Soren - ESB toys are great Smile

I hope you find that quality over quantity is more satisfying Smile
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:16 am

Joe_O wrote:
Good luck in your new direction Soren - ESB toys are great Smile

I hope you find that quality over quantity is more satisfying Smile

Thanks Joe

I have just made a WTB post and it was sooooo nice to be abel to nerro it down to a few pices Very Happy

And it makes it much easyer to pick out the moc's , baggies and other nice stuff that needs a new home.
But no Tri logos in the lot for you mate Sad

But yes Quality over quantity any day Very Happy

Last edited by soren on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:12 am

Currently im not collecting and have had a year off, i will also sell some of my stuff and keep other select pieces, however i still enjoy owning them and helping here, the good thing i have noticed about this hobby is people share their experiences and knowledge which is great news for everyone.

People do need time off from collecting i think, some i would consider it an obsession and others happily save and get that item theyve been chasing for a long time, if your having the collecting blues i do recommend stopping and putting your feet up, jump in live chat, help with some thread, anything to get away from the pursuit of something. It does give you time to alter your focus or reflect on new things/ideas.

But dont just go and never return, remember - you have made a lot of friends in this game and theyre still going to be here next week/month/year etc, i was surprised how many of you are still here a year on and that im very glad i returned Smile

There are a lot more things you can do in this hobby than just buying or selling Wink
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:27 am

Thanks for the wise words Admiral.

Yes there are a lot more to this hobby then just getting new stuff. But i feel i have to let go of some of the stuff to start fresh.

And in fact im looking very much forward to it Very Happy

Soren
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you really feel about collecting?   How do you really feel about collecting? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you really feel about collecting?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1