The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  Empty
PostSubject: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:45 pm

Last edited by soren on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:25 pm

Those are awesome Soren!

I think any kind of distribution /translation stickers that narrow a toy down to a specific country is a great item, I can't believe you have so many !

Chief-mattias is Mattias Rendahl from RS, I can drop him a line to this thread maybe he will sign up and give some more insight or some of his own examples if you want ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks Joe

Yes it is cool with things that are a little special . I might do another with Danish stickers Very Happy

It would be nice to get Mattias to post some info and his pix here. As i said some of the info comes from looking at his web photos.
So please do so Joe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi Soren,

Wow, that's a very interesting collection you got there, thanks for sharing dude!
Swedish companies apparently like to stick to the colours of their national banner. Very Happy Can't blame them, this orange/yellow is a perfect fit with the vintage boxes. It also reminds me of the yellow used on the >45 cardbacks.

Were there also labels with the name of the swedish toys importer, like you see on the white label on the back of Italian MOCs?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
Hi Soren,

Wow, that's a very interesting collection you got there, thanks for sharing dude!
Swedish companies apparently like to stick to the colours of their national banner. Very Happy Can't blame them, this orange/yellow is a perfect fit with the vintage boxes. It also reminds me of the yellow used on the >45 cardbacks.

Were there also labels with the name of the swedish toys importer, like you see on the white label on the back of Italian MOCs?

In Sweden Playmix vere the importer of star wars stuff. I think Playmix was a part of the Brio-companies.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi Dr D

Thanks for the kind words. I have never thougt about the color as Swedish and when you see the stickers IRL they ar not the color of the Swedish flag.

I have never seen any company stickers on boxes or Moc's . A have a few moc's i brougt in Sweden back in the days and the look like any other moc's

But i have an MOTU poster where the company Scanditoys are on it.

Yes, Michael Playmix / Scanditoy / Brio is /was the same company
Back to top Go down
Roger Ferm
New User
New User
Roger Ferm

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:59 am

soren wrote:
It seems that there is no boxes from Star Wars that has survived or they might not have put the stickers on them that early.
Playmix didn't start the import of Star Wars toys in Sweden until 1982 so their stickers can only be found and ESB and later boxes. It's very little known about Alga that did the import during the SW-era.

Congrats on a great collection!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fermen.se/starwars/
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:14 am

Thanks Roger
And welcome to TIG . You have contributed some nice info thanks . And that in your only second post Very Happy .

Soren

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:05 am

Nice information Roger Smile

This stuff is very niche but also very cool - I like how people from each country SW was available in are naturally drawn to pieces that originated in their home country Smile Its very patriotic Wink
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:50 am

Great Collection you have here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:59 am

Thanks mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Soren, I love seeing all these vehicles with Swedish stickers in one thread.

I hope you can continue to find more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 pm

"I have found out that some of you guys don't know about the little stickers that it seamed to have been put on all vintage Star Wars boxed items sold in Sweden back in the days"
I certainly had no idea about them. It's really neat to see them. Were there any MOCs that got a similar 'treatment' ?
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:45 am

Thanks guys . They are very hard to track down and go for high prices when they pop up.
Al most all of the ones i have comes from my child hood collection.

James : I have never seen any stickers on Swedish moc's . I think the main reason is that you could see what was in them. You could mot see that in the boxed suff and they offen pictured the vicheles with figures in them that where not in the box.

So the stickers where just to let people know that they only got the vicheles and not the figures.

Gets me to wonder what kind of sticker they would have put on boxes with figures included Very Happy But i don't think any of those where sold in Sweden.

I still hope to get some free time to do a little special on Danish price tags on Cardbacks and boxes . And our new member pomse2001 who also is from Denmark , has a nice colletion with danish stickers on them . That im trying to lure into doing a post with me about them aswell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 am

Hi Soren, great thread and congrats on having so many nice items with the Swedish stickers. First time I've seen this. Cool

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
lurv1
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Nice post Soren and it´s really cool that you have so many nice swedish related items.

I´m far from an expert in the swedish related stuff. Mattias is the man to ask here. And I doesn´t actively looking for swedish stuff, but I try
to pick up stuff when there is a chance given. I had some playmix displays, that I traded away years ago and that I still miss, but they went
to a good home. Anyway last year there was a couple of really nice finds in Sweden, at least in my eyes Smile. So fun when you still can be
amazed and suprised.

An other collector found an amazing AT-AT (MISB) with shipping box and swedish stickers, in super condition. The other
cool find was when from nowhere, 5 Palitoy 12 backs with swedish price stickers showed up. Very interesting all together and I guess
some conclusion can be made and looking of the distibution of MOC´s in Sweden I guess you can find a little bit of everything. From
regular Kenner to Palitoy and so on.

Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  011
Playmix poster, rather cool that the figures displayed on top are prototypes. Together with the Playmix displays this is probably my favorite
in swedish unique items.

Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  026
Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  025
Palitoy AT-ST (with swedish stickers and made in France)

Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  IMG_4923

Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  IMG_4903
Palitoy 12 backs with swedish price stickers, otherwise nothing different with them.

Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  IMG_1686
Speeder Bike (with white dockor/figurer ingår ej), shipping box with numbers hand written on it.

Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  IMG_4978

Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  IMG_4981
Or some Palitoy Boba Fett (cardbacks) that are proven sold in Sweden.

Soren, is all the great stuff you got, bought in Sweden?
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks Paul Very Happy

Lurv1 : Thanks for a great post with some really nice info and pictures . Here in Denmark a lot of different stuff where also sold like Meccano etc.

So it is not just in Sweden.

Yes , all my stuff is brougt in Sweden , Some in the god old days and some later.

Again thanks for a nice post mate Very Happy

Soren
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Omg Lek & Hobby thats the same store I bought in as a kid!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes    Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage swedish stickers on Star Wars boxes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1