The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer Empty
PostSubject: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:06 pm

As some of you may have seen I recently commissioned a great artist to do some artwork for Chaz and Shawn, I also got a friend another figure inked and they all turned out awesome!

I have been asked a few times who the artist and where to get pictures from so I figured best to post the information out there for those that are interested!

The Artist is called Jeff Confer and he is a really good guy , I met him on Rebelscum after seeing a few of his artwork threads and since working with him the first time I have nothing but positive comments to pass on for both him and his artwork.

http://www.jpc-art.co.cc/ This is his site and his RS user name is - jpc_art

These are the pencil sketches and final inks he worked on for me, I do intend to get something for myself done next year I just can't decide on what just yet!

Rebel Commando for RebelChris:
OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer Rebeltrooperpencils-1
OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer Cuterebelcommando

Luke Jedi for Shawn_K
OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer Cutelukepencils
OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer Cutejediluke

Boushh for Chaz
OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer Cuteboushhleiasketch
OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer Cuteboushhleia

The Attack of the cute series make for great gifts especially for focus collectors but as you can see from his site he does some incredible lifelike pieces and with much more detail, many different styles and all at incredible prices.

If you like the idea of getting something done by Jeff I would highly recommend him ! 🎅
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Those are great! I'd love to get the Boushh as a tattoo.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 6:48 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Those are great! I'd love to get the Boushh as a tattoo.

Wow now that would be awesome to see Chris!

If you do ever do that I bet Jeff would be stoked to see his art on someones body!!

I really want to get something from Jeff and I want to get it soon before he gets busy, I have a bad feeling sooner or later he is going to be snatched up by either a big comic company or a graphics company and his time for doing these pieces will be non existent !

Seriously if anyone wants something , a bigger piece, a few small pieces, even a sketch card , hit him up - he is an awesome artist !
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 6:53 pm

I just checked out his site and all I can say is WOW!!! jawdrop I picked out a few others I want to get him to do some for me (both Fetts and the Jawas) for some ink work. Do you have any idea what he charges for the final ink versions? What ever it is, its worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:37 pm

I sent over a pm on some prices Chris but if anyone is interested in his work its best to talk to Jeff himself as prices vary on size,colour and difficulty, also he is great to work with if you have your own ideas, he really brings your ideas to life!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:38 am

All I have to say is if anyone is considering getting some work from Jeff, just DO IT!

His work is amazing and it's very cool to own a one of a kind piece of art. You won't be disappointed!
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Getting my Lady Boushh framed in a day or two Razz
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:50 pm

RebelChris wrote:
All I have to say is if anyone is considering getting some work from Jeff, just DO IT!

His work is amazing and it's very cool to own a one of a kind piece of art. You won't be disappointed!

I agree with you Chris. I love the piece I got and can't wait to get it framed and up on the wall. I'm also thinking of maybe having him do a Transformers piece as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:40 pm

shawn_k wrote:
RebelChris wrote:

I agree with you Chris. I love the piece I got and can't wait to get it framed and up on the wall. I'm also thinking of maybe having him do a Transformers piece as well.

His Transformer art is killer too! I love the jets he does.

I'm having a terrible time deciding if I want matte around my print, or just leave it black and white. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Laughing
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:44 pm

RebelChris wrote:

His Transformer art is killer too! I love the jets he does.

I'm having a terrible time deciding if I want matte around my print, or just leave it black and white. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Laughing

I've been thinking of a matte too. I'll post pictures here once I get it figured out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:49 pm

I was gonna go for a matte, there is a nice framing place just up the road from me so I will see what they can do. The hard part for me is choosing a frame unsure
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:08 pm

Can't wait to see those framed guys and once again I just wanted to thank you all for being good mates and helping me out, 2 were thank you gifts and 1 was a secret santa present but I can count you all as good friends !

I am going to post back in a minute with some pictures of other pieces Jeff has done for RS members that are framed now so you can get some ideas perhaps?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:15 pm

OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer BackWall
OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer IMG_00804
OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer Clone39

I really like this one that Bear78 got framed, the silver and black looks pretty good together!

OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer Focus11
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Very nice indeed, im tempted to ask for one with all the bounty hunters in the attack of the cute style now Wink

I dont think they need a matte with the frame now, the ones on the wall really stand out on there own Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:39 pm

I know he did this piece but its not the cute style -

OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer Bountyhunters

Gotta admit that is the business!

Last edited by Joe_O on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:42 pm

crap, the pictures missin'! :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:42 pm

Site down when it returns the picture will doh lol
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Try this link - http://www.jpc-art.co.cc/artjpegs/bountyhunters.jpg
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:43 pm

I really like the matte around the Han & Leia and Stormtrooper (?).

I was thinking of going with a color for mine. I'm leaning towards green to go along with the Rebel Commando theme! Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:44 pm

RebelChris wrote:
I really like the matte around the Han & Leia and Stormtrooper (?).

I was thinking of going with a color for mine. I'm leaning towards green to go along with the Rebel Commando theme! Smile

I know you will make it look awesome Chris! You have good taste in framing and displaying !!

It'll be a race now to see who frames first haha
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:45 pm

No joke! Especially since I've had mine the longest. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Haha now you have no excuse lol! I have been bugging to see it framed for months now hahahaha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:47 pm

WTF!!!

Though I just posted something on here... where did it go!!!

Anyway.... I think im going to ask him to do some boba fett art for my character focus!!!!

And see if he would design some tattoo art for my chicago marathon i ran!!!
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:48 pm

I could go cardback Boushh orange maybe? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:49 pm

coachk28 wrote:

Anyway.... I think im going to ask him to do some boba fett art for my character focus!!!!

And see if he would design some tattoo art for my chicago marathon i ran!!!

You won't regret it ! Very Happy

The only thing I will stress is , Jeff did mention he is quite busy Jan/perhaps even Feb, and if you don't get a reply straight away it's just because he is busy, he reads them all
then backtracks to reply when he gets time, hang in there with him and I am sure he will be able to work with you on something.

Now you all are going to get something done I better decide on something as well lol!

I was thinking a big picture with the first 12, or a group picture of my favourite characters,... gah so many possibilities!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer   OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT: Star Wars Art by Jeff Confer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next