The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. Empty
PostSubject: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:01 pm

I just received this carded fig from this seller.Can some of you carded fig expert's take a look at the bubble on this card i think it's a hand made bubble it might be a fake can you guy's tell what it is?Also the fukn head of the c-3po is blown through the top of this.
check this out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=260705246892&si=YVDvWKqeFUErHXZhDzX5RXqE4pE%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

these first three pic's are from the seller.
Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. Bhy8wm10
Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. Bhykqe10
Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. Bhy9ng10

Ok here is what i received today.check out the way the bubble is cut on the left side of pic,look's home made"hand cut".Have i been duped???
I luv it when my figure's are poking through the top. Mad Mad Mad
Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. 00213
Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. 00313
Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. 00413
Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. 00514
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Doood, that bubble is completely mashed!!! Get a refund and NEG his arse!!!! Irrelevant if the bubbles a fake or not, it's bloody crushed in nothing like the pics as advertised!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Dan

Its a legit bubble. Mine looks similar (sans crack). This looks like a bad packing job. Get your refund!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Well the bubble is legit, cuts + heat shrinking can happen so while it might not pretty on that side I am pretty sure its real, its correct for a starters and it has the waffle pattern.

As for it being broken, that's something that happens at times with yellowed bubbles in transit, they are more fragile after they turn yellow and are prone to cracking, it just takes a postal worker to chuck your box to another worker or drop it and the figure has an air hole.

I DON'T think you should neg someone without approaching them and explaining the situation, Dan has not mentioned that the parcel was poorly packaged so I take it that it wasn't. He might just refund your $20 bucks and you can leave him a positive - he's new and might not appreciate a Negative in his first 10 transactions just because the figure was damaged in transit.

If he is rude with you or won't accept it back, or indeed the packaging job was terrible and it was rattling around in a box with no protection then that's different- but don't be rude about this to begin with- explain the problem and see what he says.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:20 pm

I was on my Blackberry and was going to expand on this but Joe_O did it! He's 100% right. This is a lot less malice and more bad circumstance. Give him the benefit of the doubt first.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:24 pm

I was looking to see if the bubble was real.
Yeah it was packaged in a flat rate postal box,size small.with 2 small wad's of paper.
It's a shame,the bubble is totally mashed at top and on the left top side the left shoulder is starting to come through.
i'll probably send it back for a refund,I'm sure it will work out,i'll future post with the outcome.
Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:45 am

Fair comment guys about the packaging. Sorry again for you situation dude. Hope you get it sorted.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:31 am

Here are pic's of how it was shipped.
What do you think?
good/bad?

This was the box with two wads of paper it was shipped in.
Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. 00314
Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. 00414
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:18 am

Not the best packing, certainly not too bad. You gotta weigh up if paying return postage is worth it. I'd ask for a partial refund to the value of postage & leave it at that. It was cheap - sucks to see it damaged but yellow bubbles (any bubbles) can be ruined even in 'perfectly' packaged boxes.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 6:32 am

Those boxes are pretty snug but that isnt a bad thing. Like AJ said, a yellow bubble is always at risk. If the seller isnt into vintage, he'd have no way of knowing. Personally I'd chalk it to bad luck. When you contact the seller, explain the frailty issue to him/her so that way its out there. I'll be you get your refund no problem
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:21 am

As others have already said Dan, that's a real bubble and a real seal. It looks like during the heat seal process (how you get the waffle pattern) it may have melted the bubble on that side.

As far as the packing job, I'd say it's crap. However, depending on the seller, he probably didn't know any better. Most ebay sellers don't know to package figures like us vintage collectors do for each other. I would definitely contact him and explain the situation. If he turns into an ass, then neg him and post his name here so the rest of us can avoid him! Very Happy

This time of year can be hell for careless shipping. The Post Office's are SLAMMED with trying to get packages to their destinations on time. I'm sure (like Joe said) someone was tossing packages from one person or bin to another and this may have been dropped/crushed. It happens, but that's why you hope the packing is done well.

Either way, keep us updated Dan! Sorry about the outcome mate.
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:48 am

I never buy carded figures during the cold winter months. I know it was a poor pack job, but the cold makes the bubble more prone damage as it affects the rigidity of the plastic (Similar to people not driving their fiberglass body Corvette's during the winter). There I go sounding smart again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Todd, you smart, never! Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Everyone has made great point's exactley what i was thinking.

.I beleive if a bigger box was used and item was bubble wrapped it would of handled the shock load of shipping a lot better.
2.I agree these antique vintage card's are fragile it don't take much for them to be damaged,reason i asked seller if he had a star case to put it in and package it realy good to prevent damage,i let him know this before he shipped it out.
3.Yes i agree packaging was not good.
4.Seller does not agree his packaging was bad but said if i return back the item he will refund as soon as he get's it.
5.What to do now,send it back in his box with same packaging material "two wad's of papaer"or as a TIG bro suggested keep it and ask for a partial refund?
6.I beleive i asked for refund so am i fully commited now to that or is discussion still open between me and the seller about a partial refund and i keep item option?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:17 pm

If you send it back for a full refund I would at least put a few more pits of paper in there, I mean even toilet tissue absorbs a few knocks and its cheap..same with news paper etc. Won't cost you more than 1 dollar to pack that with some improvised packaging material.

Or If you decide to keep the loose figure and cardback (you could razer the bubble off to keep it a neat) just accept half your money + postage costs, then you have paid 10 bucks only for a brand new loose 3P0 rem limbs + card. Not a bad deal and it saves you the hassle of going to the post office etc.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:22 pm

I'd go ahead and package it up and send it back with full tracking and call it a day. The seller already offered a refund for the item sent back, I wouldn't try to wheel and deal on it now. Because if you do, they might say forget it and your stuck with a crappy figure and no money.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:51 pm

Totally agree tbh, if a refund is on offer then just take it lol - that's quicker than most sellers would offer one! Don't forget - if he refunds you without problem and all is resolved, leave him a negative for being a decent guy, and perhaps just mention packing things with a bit more packaging material next time - he needs hints and tips not negs Smile
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:02 pm

I like all the info on this.
I will reply to the seller with a couple option's that way he has a choice.
I like joe's idea easy and painless.
option 1.Ask for half the purchase price plus shipping.
option 2. I ship it back in a different box one that's bigger and stuff it full of packageing peanut's and bubble wrap the card,but the seller will have to pay the original money i paid plus shipping cost's back,which will include tracking.
Let me write the seller with this proposal and see what happen's.

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Don't forget - if he refunds you without problem and all is resolved, leave him a negative for being a decent guy, and perhaps just mention packing things with a bit more packaging material next time - he needs hints and tips not negs Smile

Don't you mean a nuetral? lol! Been hitting the egg nog early, Joe?

But thats what I would do. Feedback as "arrived damaged, but gave full refund". I've left positives like that one time when the seller gave a refund or partial for a damaged item. I figured since they were willing to work with me, no need in leaving a negative or nuetral. If your seller is working with you Dan, go that route and still come out safe on both ends.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:06 pm

vintageSWfan wrote:
I like all the info on this.
I will reply to the seller with a couple option's that way he has a choice.
I like joe's idea easy and painless.
option 1.Ask for half the purchase price plus shipping.
option 2. I ship it back in a different box one that's bigger and stuff it full of packageing peanut's and bubble wrap,but the seller will have to pay the original money i paid plus shipping cost's back,which will include tracking.
Let me write the seller with this proposal and see what happen's.

The seller wont (and dont have to) pay for return shipping. Your best course is just take the refund the seller offered and send the item back. Because if you do a dispute on Ebay all your going to recover is the original shipping anyway, not the amount it costs to ship it back.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Joe_O wrote:
Don't forget - if he refunds you without problem and all is resolved, leave him a negative for being a decent guy, and perhaps just mention packing things with a bit more packaging material next time - he needs hints and tips not negs Smile

Don't you mean a nuetral? lol! Been hitting the egg nog early, Joe?

But thats what I would do. Feedback as "arrived damaged, but gave full refund". I've left positives like that one time when the seller gave a refund or partial for a damaged item. I figured since they were willing to work with me, no need in leaving a negative or nuetral. If your seller is working with you Dan, go that route and still come out safe on both ends.

Razz Contrary to belief I am not that nasty Cool
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:07 am

update.
I gave seller two option's.
Option 1. Return for full refund plus shipping back,"Shipping back would involve me shipping it back the correct way going out of my way to ship it back to him the proper way which was what he should of done to begin with ",I would go out to store purchase a bigger box , purchase packaging peanut's and purchase bubble wrap to securley send it back even though the bubble is damaged and the figure has a 1/4 chip of paint missing on mouth were it broke through the plastic=bubble and figure are beater's.=0 to little value.
Option 2. send partial refund $10 plus shipping$5 as was suggested by member.

Seller offered $10 back head bang ,and i get to Keep the damaged card and chipped paint on mouth c-3Po. frustrated

Seriosly though i won't by from this seller again.The seller was a bit snarky in the end.
Overall very unpleasant purchase,thank good it's Christmas so i don't have to think about this Bulls---.

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:45 am

lol, so you gave him a choice of a partial refund and now you aren't happy enough? Very Happy I only suggested it so you didn't have to bother shipping it back lol

Oh well Merry Christmas Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 3:11 pm

I'd probally be alittle snarky too with options like that Dan. Personally, when the seller originally offered a refund when they recieved the figure back, it would've been in the mail the next day. But when you tell them that you want an extra $X amount for the way your going to ship it back, that to me is asking too much.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:31 am

I asked him for a refund, he did'nt offer until i asked,and i sent him pic's of the damaged bubble and c-3po with chipped paint on his mouth,and pic's of the shipping box.
Once he agreed to offer a refund,being several email's after we talked back and forth a while, i thought giving him an option on how to fix this was a good thing,? instead of telling him what to do???sorry about confusion on that.
I wanted to give him an option's everyone like's a choice i thought. unsure .
I don't like being in these situation's, i always feel like everyone is yelling at me like i'm the bad guy, all i wanted was some sort or an apology from seller which i did'nt receive or a refund???and i get attitude and feel jumped on from seller geez.
Remember I did receive a totally ruiend card and the paint on the figure was also damaged, all around i lost on deaL.
It seem's like when i get a bad deal somehow it get's turned around and i'm on trial???
:explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion:
I think in the future i will just keep it business,If i make an ebay purchase and receive an item not as described or damaged I'll let ebay claim handle this sort of thing.
I receive damaged stuff or missing stuff quite a bit and let go,but this one pissed me off.maybe it was the way the seller spoke about it to me?????I got set off.
Anyway the seller did agree to a lesser than asked for small partial refund,i will let you know if it come's,I'm sure it will, it's the holiday's so let's give the dude a couple week's to do it.whatever

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.   Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this carded figure Legit???TIG bro's help me out.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next