The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! Empty
PostSubject: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 am

Well it looks like this Vintage SW Odd Ball thing is catching lol

Here is my first proper vintage Star Wars Odd Ball pick up -

My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! WaddingtonsVintageSWPuzzle

I may see if the completed Jig Saw will look good framed once it arrives Smile Uli said it could be a bit dark for framing so i might look at diffused glass i guess it depends on the size the complete puzzle comes out at.

I have seen a lot of Vintage SW Puzzles out there and on ebay but hadnt seen any with the actually toys on them as most are just imagines from the films. I was speaking with Uli and Chat and he said there were 2 released depicting the toys this one and one other.

Jay

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:35 pm

That is well cool Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul-itoy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Paul-itoy

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:29 pm

I've been after one of those for a while (the other one too) but never gone out of my way to get one. I have the regular four Waddingtons SW branded jigsaws (one from childhood).

Just the combination of a vintage jigsaw depicting vintage figures is very appealing.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Really cool item, Jay. I also never knew there were jigsaws depicting toys - that's great to see not only the figures but vehicles too Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Congrats on the puzzle Jay. I never seen one like that either. Do you know what the other one looks like or no idea? Oh, by the way, welcome to the club. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:22 pm

Cheers guys Smile

Im looking forward to this arriving for me the big draw was that it depicts the toys.

Uli has a picture of the other one (which he showed me in chat last night) hopefully he can add that picture to this thread.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:04 pm

Here is the second "toys" puzzle:
My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! Cimg0710

I really love the two puzzles Smile

Uli
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:27 pm

I like that. Looks like I got something new to search for now.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:51 am

Chris_J wrote:
I like that. Looks like I got something new to search for now.

Yeah i like them as well bro.

Funny thing is i wasnt searching for them at all i was just seeing what was ending soonest (after a few beers lol) and this had 3 minutes left and i thought considering its 100% complete the price looked cheap so i pulled the trigger. Previously the only vintage sw jigsaws i had seen are just of images from the film its was definately the fact that it depicted the toys that drew me to it!

Jay
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:20 am

Got my Jigsaw today cheers

Its seems the postmen are working sundays to try and clear the back log i have had 4 items arrived yesterday and today!

Now im bloody stuck trying to put the jigsaw together i have to admit the last jigsaw i attempted was probably 20+ years ago and if i recall i gave up on it lol

Im starting with the edges and working from there but a lot of the pieces look the god dam same! I never had the patience for this sort of thing!

Jay
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:00 am

Hang in there, we want to see the finished project, Jay. You think that ones bad, try the 1000 piece Hildebrandt poster art one. That one was a bitch to get together. Most of it was the sky and black. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:55 pm

I've got the second one with the landspeeder framed, didn't realise there was another one.

*goes scrurrying off to fleabay*

bounce

Jason
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:58 pm

Too late, Jason. I already checked. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Spent over 2 hours on it and im about 2/3rds through but i got the sky dark area left which is proving mega tough! Decide to call it a night with it and continue it tomorrow!

Jay
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:04 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:

Spent over 2 hours on it and im about 2/3rds through but i got the sky dark area left which is proving mega tough! Decide to call it a night with it and continue it tomorrow!

Jay
for ages 4 and over and it's got Jay stumped Razz
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:00 am

aussiejames wrote:
jaymassive619 wrote:

Jay

maybe it reads "over four years"?

and thats how long it will take to complete lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:39 am

geordie wrote:
aussiejames wrote:
jaymassive619 wrote:

Jay

maybe it reads "over four years"?

and thats how long it will take to complete lol!

Bastards its rock solid i tell ya!

The top 3rd of the pic where its dark and blue is really hard all the pieces look the same its real trial and error getting them in.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Iamcomicdoc
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:52 am

Bought a pretty big collection recently and, amoung some very cool stuff, got, not kidding, a packaged mechanical pencil set, esb pencil cases, the Darth Vader Speakerphone and a ROTJ Cork Board. Weird.
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:46 pm

I saw these two puzzles a while back. They are somewhat rare from what I can tell. I'd love to have at least one of them in the collection at some point. Very cool find!
Back to top Go down
Kenner76
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Kenner76

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:32 am

Very cool, congrats on the nice piece! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!   My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first Vintage Star Wars Odd Ball Purchase!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1