The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases Empty
PostSubject: Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases   Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 8:49 pm

As some of you may have seen here - New Acrylic cases for sale Christian has started producing some of his own Acrylic cases for carded figures, he graciously sent me a test sample and I must say this is a labor of love and the quality is very good, I wanted to post up some comparison pictures just to show you the depth and heights compared with AFA cases and Oscar cases.

Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases Caseco11

This picture gives you a general idea of the depth and height of the cases, each one is marked - the depth of Christians new case is exactly the same as the AFA graded case, Oscars case is slightly smaller in depth.

As for height- due to the sliding bottom the cases are taller than AFA sealed ones, this however is the same on all sliding bottom cases due to the opening "door" (included the shot so people with AFA sealed cases can see how ungraded cases look side by side)

Here is another shot of the cases together -

Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases Caseco12

As for the important issue of the rails and the quality of the case itself: they seem very well made and the inside rails are well finished and do not seem to look dangerous in terms of scratching the litho off of a MOC figure - the rails are also quite spacious and sliding a MOC in and out was quite easy.

Hope that review helps a bit for anyone looking to buy Smile

Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases   Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:17 am

Nice one, i order some yesterday as i've been desperate for some acrylic.

I knew that if Christian was involved they would be top notch, so get them ordered guys.

I think he's going to be a busy chap lol, hope you like post office Q's mate Shocked Wink
Back to top Go down
Christian
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Christian

PostSubject: Re: Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases   Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:22 am

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the detailed review - quality as ever!

I have been delighted at how the GW cases have been received so far as well as the initial number of orders. Clearly there was a need for a source of acrylic cases this side of the pond. That all said I value more than anything else feedback from buyers so I can learn and therefore hopefully continue to improve the cases to the point that they are on a par with the handmade CGA cases. CGA cases are 'top of the pile' IMHO in finish (& cost Razz ) and my greatest wish is to emulate their finish (plus beat their price in the future). This is my number 1 priority as having the cases manufactured overseas in large production numbers is the only possible way to keep prices competitive but also proves very very time consuming (and costly) checking each case received in order to weed out any inferior ones.

If anyone has any questions regarding this project then please do not hesitate to email me: cjasomma@gmail.com

Regards,
Christian
GW Acrylic

P.S Del - Your order will be sent tomorrow Smile Thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk
hothrebel
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hothrebel

PostSubject: Re: Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases   Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:58 pm

A while since I've posted over here on TIG but as I've just purchased some of Christian's cases it's as good a time as any to post.

I'll give an honest quick summary of the cases:

The packaging was excellent each was individually wrapped and boxed and then placed in to a large box with plastic chips.

The quality is also 1st classt,a good fit for Vintage Star Wars MOC's,and has Joe has highlighted on RS, the side rails aren't so tight as they are likely to damage the card. I've got some Oscar cases and can hardly tell the difference.

The price is also very competitive,I haven't found a UK based seller who sells them cheaper.

I suppose it boils down to how you display your MOC's but I prefer these type of cases to the Star Case,infact I've decided to display my Pali 30 bks in them ,and that should speak for itself as to the quality of Christian's cases as I'm a picky bastard as to how I display my items.

Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases DSC01062

Don't hesitate to deal with Christian if you need some acrylic cases to diaplay your MOC's. I wish him the best of luck in his venture and deserves every success.
Back to top Go down
Vernon
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases   Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 6:53 pm

Just wanted to add a big thumbs up!
I dont think I can add more than Hothrebel...good quality & a great price.

Heres a before & after shot of my ESB collection:

Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases 2431563820076101835S600x600Q85

Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases 2095333380076101835S600x600Q85

Back to top Go down
HarrisonSolo
New User
New User
HarrisonSolo

PostSubject: Re: Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases   Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Just got one of Christians "womble" cases today,i must say i am really impressed with the quality and service i received! Just as good (if not better) than CGA/ Oscar cases. Having him in the UK also saves on postage and customs fees.Top marks!

I would post some pictures,but as a newbie i don't know how too :?:

Cheers
Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases   Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acrylic case review of Christians new "Womble" cases

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1