The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:28 am

figures from left to the right:

kennner,ledy,ledy
white exposed tips in the ledy figures.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 Memo0019

curved datestamp.
kenner,ledy,ledy

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 Memo0021.

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:53 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
Thank you for sharing those pics, Lars!

Clearly we see:
- two different shades of grey for the eyes,
- two different shades of pink for the feathers
- two different shades of orange for the belt

They might all be due to small variations in Ledy's production process passing through Ledy's flexible quality control.

The differences in the belt are also described here, and were labelled as true variants:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1066994/

HOWEVER, I have reason to believe that the bright orange belt is just caused by discolouration of the dark orange belt (or the other way around).
Look at the two Paploos below. The right Paploo has the dark orange belt. The left Paploo has a belt which seems to be composed of patches of the dark and bright orange belt. This is easy to spot when looking at the knife and at the back.
So to me it seems that the left Paploo is the missing link between figures having a dark and bright orange belt. For sure Lili Ledy would not apply two different colours of paints for the belt. So my verdict: discolouration. We have seen many samples before, the green limbs Chewie comes to mind.

What are your thoughts?

You ever thought of the possibility the other way around???

I could imagine that the color under the hood is damaged from the hood and his extrem high percentage of flexibilizers! Especially the Paploo and the Lumat have very very tacky hoods if you free them from cards!
Colors can also go darker when changing!

IMO both color belt variations are regular! I have mint examples and at least three colors! I dont belive in discoloration at least on my examples!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks Wolff for your comments. Very Happy

wbobafett wrote:

I could imagine that the color under the hood is damaged from the hood and his extrem high percentage of flexibilizers! Especially the Paploo and the Lumat have very very tacky hoods if you free them from cards!
Colors can also go darker when changing!

Interesting explanation. I can indeed imagine that leakage/diffusion of flexibilizers from the hood to the belt, could have some influence on the stability of the pigments, as it changes the chemical environment.
However, I might be wrong, but I think it does not explain the observed colour differences in the figures below, as the hood does not contact the belt at the backside. The observed similar colour differences at the front of the belt (see pic in previous post), are therefore also not hood related IMO.

What are your thoughts?

Different coloured belts.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 IMG_5685-1

Hood contacts belt at the front.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 IMG_5673-1

Hood does NOT contact belt at the back.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 IMG_5674-1

wbobafett wrote:

IMO both color belt variations are regular! I have mint examples and at least three colors! I dont belive in discoloration at least on my examples!

Aren't mint figures equally sensitive towards color degradation, as any other figure? So having a mint figure in your hands, is no solid proof for it having factory colours IMO.
Well maybe it is different for mint figures on a card only with regard to oxidation of pigments, as they experience less oxygen from the surrounding air. Maybe not....

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 CHEWBACCAGreenLimbs

Maybe this is not a good example, as it is a cut off card, probably leaving small openings for oxygen supply.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:25 pm

@ StarWizz: Thank you for sharing pics of your two Ledy RL C-3PO figures. Both have white exposed tips as well. Very Happy

@ Other Ledy collectors: We need more proof, so pls post pics of your RL C-3PO as well! cheers
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
Thanks Wolff for your comments. Very Happy

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 CHEWBACCAGreenLimbs

Maybe this is not a good example, as it is a cut off card, probably leaving small openings for oxygen supply.

Letting in air is better, since acids builds up from the plastic, and when there is no air circulation they will be trapped within the bubble. AFA do have a small hole in the acrylicboxes at the back for air circulation if I remember right, I don't own one, so might be wrong. It's also mentioned in this article. it's in Swedish though.

http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/utmaning-att-bevara-star-wars-figurer-till-eftervarlden
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:42 am

Bumping up thread with a weirdo look alike Ackbar.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 Ackbar10
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Admiral Ackbar

Dr Dengar wrote:

Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy Ackbar has:
- Reddish brown in stead of black pupils
- A paler red and more glossy head
- Brighter yellow eyes *
- 'Rusty' darker red claws *
- Brighter yellow stripes down the pants *

*) Also Kenner figures can have these traits.

Your figure lacks the reddish brown puplis, and therefore is not a Ledy.

I hope that helps you further, Claes.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:47 pm

I did write it as look alike Razz But thanks for help. It also got the wrong coo, but color on eyes are brown at least, looking pretty close in reality, wish I wasn't stuck with uncontrollable autofocus. But I'm a bit curious to what this is, Kenner look alike? I got 8 ackbars and none of the others look like this Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:55 pm

LOL, I didn't even check the COO, only the eyes. Very Happy

Just make some more detailed pics of the face and COO and open a separate thread. There are enough variant collectors who can help you out here.

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

LOL, I didn't even check the COO, only the eyes. Very Happy

Just make some more detailed pics of the face and COO and open a separate thread. There are enough variant collectors who can help you out here.

Going to bring it down to the shop tomorrow and see if I can get some better pics of it Smile
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi guys, HK COO LL Darth Vader added, please take a look:
Lili Ledy Variations

Cheers
Ozio
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Here is my Set of Imperials!!!!..... Funny thing is that UKG gave 85 to the I.C. and AFA gave 80 to both T.F´s , and IMO , the T.F.´s are in better shape than the I.C....... I will start sending my L.L.´s to UKG!!! Very Happy

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 000_0610
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Ozio, that is some great research on the HK COO Vader!!!! Thank you, bro!! cheers

Adolfo, stop showing off that recarded crap, this is a serious board.....what do you say?.....AFA and UKG graded!!..what?!!!...holy shit...that is amazing stuff!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:46 pm

I've already give plus to ozio for the vader but I just want to say thanks as well Smile
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Ozio, that is some great research on the HK COO Vader!!!! Thank you, bro!! cheers

Adolfo, stop showing off that recarded crap, this is a serious board.....what do you say?.....AFA and UKG graded!!..what?!!!...holy shit...that is amazing stuff!!! Very Happy Very Happy

lol! lol! lol! lol! ..... you are right !! , all of them are recarded and resealed!!! .... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:35 pm

Thank you guys I'm glad you liked the Vader info.

Those are Great Imperials Merlin!!! congrats!!!!! by the way Adolfo did you saw this:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1630p75-real-or-fake

I found 2 weird looking figures, are they like the ones you remeber from your visit to the LL factory? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Little question about Deathsquad commander, did the ledy lookalike(kenner) have black eyebrows and eyes as well?
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:02 pm

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p270-lili-ledy-discussion-thread#Star Destroyer Commander
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:10 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p270-lili-ledy-discussion-thread#Star Destroyer Commander

Thanks Smile but I did read it and this is what it say
Unfortunately I could not make comparison pics with a Kenner figure sharing COO no. 7 as I don't have this figure in my collection. Pics were therefore taken with COO no. 1, which can be regarded the 'ancestor' of COO no. 7.

So I figured I would ask about it.

I didn't see it at first but the coo is the one shared by Kenner and Ledy. But it have black eyes and silver braclet thingies. I also got a ledy gun over I don't know who it belongs too, but I don't think it's this guy.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 Dsc10
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:15 pm

i have one the same mate for sale on ebay now

and that came with the pbp gun are you shure it is a ledy gun ? and not a pbp ?

what colour is the gun mate ?
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:20 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
i have one the same mate for sale on ebay now

and that came with the pbp gun are you shure it is a ledy gun ? and not a pbp ?

what colour is the gun mate ?

Could it be a PBP then? I certainly wouldn't mind that. I can check the gun in a few min, gonna walk dog and then I can check it up.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:23 pm

OZIO wrote:
Thank you guys I'm glad you liked the Vader info.

Those are Great Imperials Merlin!!! congrats!!!!! by the way Adolfo did you saw this:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1630p75-real-or-fake

I found 2 weird looking figures, are they like the ones you remeber from your visit to the LL factory? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Yes my friend, the ones I remember were PROBABLY overstock action figures or with flaws, like that ones!!!...most of all were given in charity events (my father work for the goverment during that period of time and sometimes I went with him and attend the events) Lili ledy gave action figures in those events and of course the ones they give for schools visits to the factory), great way to think They gave this kind of figures so everybody bought the real ones.

I don't care anymore who belive that or not, they were not even born neither they visited the factory !!!... LOL
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:25 pm

hi mate

ledy guns are solid blue or solid black Wink
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:57 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
hi mate

ledy guns are solid blue or solid black Wink

It's the dark one that I think is ledy. The bluer one I think is PBP but the mold point is kind of wierd. So I dunno, might be a repro.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 Img_3610
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:10 pm

hi mate the dark one to me is not ledy it looks too dark

to me none of yours look ledy it is just the dot and the dash mold marks that don't look right at the end of the gun

here is a picture of ledy guns

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 Dsc00612
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 35 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next