The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:13 am

REMARK: The black hood Klaatu has been confirmed with lighter brown boots (see pics above) and darker brown boots (see pic below)

Ledy Klaatus: White hood with lighter brown boots (left), Black hood with darker brown boots (right). Pic kindly provided by Atilla (Hutthunter)

Hi Marco and all Ledy collectors!

I made a new picture in which all my variants can be seen. It shows well, that the boots of the Black hood Klaatu variant are not the same as the color of the Kenner version, bot a lot darker even than those! I think it is interesting. Also, the 'skirt" and pouch are painted with this much darker brown, but on the sides (hardly can be seen, because of the 'fixing bars' of the AFA case). So basically the legs were painted differently, using this dark brown. Smile

For comparison, guys:

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 Klaatu10

From the front the differences are far not so significant...

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 Klaatu12

BTW: I would gladly trade a LL vibroblade with a "B" on, for a vibroblade with an "A" on, just to have all the three - so far confirmed - versions of this weapon. Anyone? I have 4 Bs right now... all in excellent condition. I don't wanna have Straight A's! Smile The best would be A's and B's! Wink

May the Force be with U

Back to top Go down
http://swvintagevariants.blogspot.com/
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:00 am

I would love some information on the Stormtrooper. I saw from information from another site, but I just this one more. Plus the other site is in a German I believe.

Thanks, Joe
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:12 am

Hey Joe,

There is no entry for the Stormtrooper in this thread yet. I am still searching for a PBP (not a trilogo) Stormtrooper to make some side-by side pics: Ledy vs PBP Stormtrooper.

The official TIG guide has a very good entry for him, also discussing the two COO variants.

Hope that helps.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/TIG-Lili-Ledy-Guide-Stormtrooper-h13.htm

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:17 am

Awesome, I think I have a few, but not sure. I will check it out.

Thanks, Joe
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:36 am

Hutthunter wrote:

As to green limbs Chewie and green snake Yoda: are you saying they are not versions? Simply quality or sunlight problems? So the limbs were not green when the wookiee figure had been made?

The green limbs Chewie, the green snake Yoda, are similar cases.

Threads discussing discolouration in more depth:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3134-boba-fett-loose-variant-in-depth-discussion-about-discoloration-and-yellowing?highlight=boba+fett

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3187-green-limb-chewbacca-variation-or-degredation?highlight=green

Hutthunter wrote:

How do you like my Dengar collection, Dr Dengar? bounce What a Face

Check your limelight! Very Happy

curch wrote:
Awesome, I think I have a few, but not sure. I will check it out.

Ok let us know. Stormtroopers having the same COO as the Ledy but with a 'thinner' mouth piece and helmet band, are probably PBP.
Just in case.... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:40 am

I will add some pics today. Maybe the "pros" can judge Smile
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:24 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
Marco, I don't have a spare CCP mate but I do have a good camera if you let me know what you want.

edit.....that's the only Ledy CCP I have though mate, maybe some one else will see this and has a spare for you. If all else fails you can always borrow him.

Hi Scott, actually I meant the non Ledy CCP which has the same COO as his Ledy brother (the one with the pale yellow boots on your pic)

Hi Marco, I realised that mate but what I'm trying to say is, if you want me to take pictures I am happy to do so but I only have the one ledy CCP variant.

If your planning on a picture with all the ledy variants then I can't help. I can send you my CCP on loan though if you like, if no one here can help by offering you one that is.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:48 am

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your offer to borrow me the non Ledy CCP.
Maybe an easier solution would be if you would make some pics against a blue background. I heard you have a good camera. Very Happy

For the thread, we only need a few side-by-side shots of the Ledy CCP along his non Ledy COO brother:
  • Front
  • Back
  • Sides
  • Heads (close up)
  • COO (close up)

I will picture the different Ledy CCP variants in a separate group shot.

Sound OK for you?

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:34 am

Hi Marco, I can do that for you no problem mate, will be tomorrow or Tuesday though. It will also give me the kick up the ass I need to take the pic of him included for my limelite.

Scott
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 am

That's great Scott, thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Hutthunter wrote:

I have an original LL vibroblade with NO letter on it (NO A, NO B)! It is with my AFA 85 Klaatu (not the skiff guard, but the one with the furry skirt)!

Dr Dengar wrote:

- , there is also a dark grey Ledy vibroblade without a small "A" or "B". I have just changed the entries of Klaatu (2x), Weequay, and Lando Skiff accordingly (see pic below).

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 Dia3-9

Dark grey ledy vibroblade without a small A or B .
First vibroblade on the left

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 P1000412

I have noticed the LL blade it self and the top of the vibroblade are thicker than the kenner version.
Left four are ledy's and the other four are kenner.
The first vibroblade one the left is LL without a letter.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 P1000510

Left LEDY, right kenner
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 P1000511

Ledy vibroblade without a letter is dark grey and the blade and top are also thicker than the kenner version
and maybe someone can confirm this
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:51 pm

I have also one Ledy without letter! So yes...its indeed Ledy!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Good research Starwizz! cheers cheers cheers

I have never noticed before that the Ledy vibroblade (V4 mould) has a thicker blade and top compared to Kenner.

Thanks for sharing!!

I will add this info to the entries.

EDIT: updated!

Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:20 pm

I have noticed the LL blade it self and the top of the vibroblade are thicker than the kenner version.
Left four are ledy's and the other four are kenner.
The first vibroblade one the left is LL without a letter.

Ledy vibroblade without a letter is dark grey and the blade and top are also thicker than the kenner version
and maybe someone can confirm this
- written by Starwizz

I thought it is already known... Very Happy But yes, I can confirm that: LL vibroblade is not only much darker, but also the 'headpart' of it
is much thicker, also the blade. cheers
Also, thanks for confirming my info on the LL blade with no letter on it. pirat IMO the main difference between a Trilogo, or newer Kenner vibroblade and a LL vibroblade is the thickness of the blade. Because the newer blade is also darker, but has a thin blade. The bottom parts are the same, but differ from the original or 'classic' light grey vibroblade.

May the 4th be with You! lol!

Last edited by Hutthunter on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:59 pm

wbobafett wrote:

THX wbobafett for the conformation Very Happy

Dr Dengar wrote:
Good research Starwizz! cheers cheers cheers

I have never noticed before that the Ledy vibroblade (V4 mould) has a thicker blade and top compared to Kenner.

Thanks for sharing!!

I will add this info to the entries.

THX. for the kind words Marco

Last edited by starwizz on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:26 pm

starwizz wrote:
wbobafett wrote:

THX wbobafett for the conformation Very Happy

THX.Marco for the kind words

Yes, good work indeed.
Just a brief addition to Starwizz's research:

Comparison of the three available variants by blade thickness

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 Vibrob10

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 Vibrob11

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 Vibrob12

I have just now realized, that the LL vibroblade is actually much darker even than Version 2 (what I have seen on Trilogo and Kenner Canada cards). In terms of blade thickness there is a nice row. Smile Because Version 2 is thicker than Version 1 (classic), but LEDY blade is thicker than Version 2. (Version 2 is a bit worn) affraid

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:01 pm

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 Breaking-news-54

**************************************** BREAKING NEWS *************************************************

1. To access and discuss the different figures in an easier way, hyperlinks were made for all entries in this thread (on page 1).

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135-lili-ledy-discussion-thread

2. Next figure will be Cloud Car Pilot

**************************************** BREAKING NEWS *************************************************
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:15 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

To access and discuss the different figures in an easier way, hyperlinks were made for all entries in this thread (on page 1).

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135-lili-ledy-discussion-thread

Excellent news! Thanks, Marco...
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:16 am

Sounds Great Marco, thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
jawa.57
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
jawa.57

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:05 am

hi every body

i have found on the helmet of logray,
kenner helmet it's write 175080 04
LL helmet it's write 175080
and the helmet found , no writing

do you think it's a ledy??
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 Dscf3610
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:28 pm

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 Slide44

All my three Ledy Logray hoods have "175080" inside, but off course that doesn't mean there weren't any Ledy hoods w/o numbers.

How about the other typical Ledy hood features (glossy paint, glossy plastic, rubbery)? Do they match with yours?

Logray

Back to top Go down
jawa.57
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
jawa.57

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:24 pm

thanks for your answer

glossy white paint, yes
glossy black plastic , yes
rubbery yes
no number,

it's strange Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:02 pm

The inner surface of your hood looks very rough to me, more like an artefact than factory made. Maybe that is the reason the numbers are not visible anymore.

Can you still see traces of numbers on the positions where they should be?

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:57 am

8D8

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_in10

COO guide for 8D8: No. 2 is unique for Lili Ledy.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d810

NOTE:

• The Ledy 8D8 has an unique COO (no. 2). It differs only from COO no.1 in its details as Lili Ledy casted 8D8's torso in harder plastic. In the pics below a comparison is made with a Kenner 8D8 having COO no. 1.

8D8: Lili Ledy on the right
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_210

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_310

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_410

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_510

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_610

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_710

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Ledy 8D8 has:
- a torso which is much more detailed as it is cast in a harder plastic ("hard torso", like the Ledy Stormtrooper, Cloud Car Pilot, and hard torso R2D2 variant)
- darker yellow eyes
- darker brown chest emblems.
- dull instead of shiny metallic grill

REMARK: The brown chest emblems often have unpainted bolts. This is paint wear and not an exclusive Ledy characteristic.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_810

LEDY VARIATIONS

• Different leg moulds

Like is the case for the Kenner figure, two types of moulds were used for each of the legs by Lili Ledy, with and without circles on the hip.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_910
Source: Rebelscum.com

So variant collectors will be challenged to hunt for all four different possible combinations:
A) Left leg: Circle.         Right leg: Circle
B) Left leg: Circle.         Right leg: No circle
C) Left leg: No circle.     Right leg: Circle
D) Left leg: No circle.     Right leg: No circle

See pics below for Ledy type A and C variants.

Ledy 8D8 leg mould variants: Type C (left), Type A (right)
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_1010

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_1110

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 8d8_1210

Still collecting 4 different variants is still beter than trying to collect all possible Ledy Biker Scouts variants. Very Happy

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Excellent work Marco! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next