The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Idefix13 wrote:
Here is my comparision picture:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 Bespin10

Uli

Issn't mine the same as your top one?
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 DSCF1748

Last edited by snaggletooth on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:57 am

Not if I look at that picture:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 DSCF1617-2

I have two simple questions for you: Did you buy the blaster in the UK as non LL blaster, maybe in a small figure lot? If yes - why do you think a Mexican weapon found its way into a UK collection?

Uli
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:25 am

Idefix13 wrote:
Not if I look at that picture:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 DSCF1617-2

I have two simple questions for you: Did you buy the blaster in the UK as non LL blaster, maybe in a small figure lot? If yes - why do you think a Mexican weapon found its way into a UK collection?

Uli

I agree with Uli, no Ledy weapon on that picture shown!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:30 am

Idefix13 wrote:
Sorry - forgot about the Squid Head blaster - I did not spend too much attention to this weapon so far. So I'm sorry but I have no info on this one.

Uli

same mold as the blue ones Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:49 am

wbobafett wrote:
[I agree with Uli, no Ledy weapon on that picture shown!

Wolff

Great that you joined our little Mexican party Wolff! Very Happy

Your answer is very clear. Regarding the guns in the top row, and the blue guns in the middle row, I can understand your answer.

Dr Dengar wrote:

Based upon the available info, I would say:

Top row guns (going from left to right):
  • V1 light grey: Kenner
  • V1 light grey: Kenner,
  • V1 blue smooth: Kenner/LL or maybe just Kenner, see Ueli's (Idefix') post

Middle row guns (going from left to right):
  • V5 darker grey: Kenner/LL.
    Comments:
    - Why LL? See James' LL Squid Head MOC holding a dark grey V5 gun.
    - Ueli: The grey V5 LL and Kenner guns might be different on close examination too?
  • V5 blue: Kenner
  • V5 blue: Kenner

However for the V5 darker grey gun (the left gun in the middle row for those who just entered this thread Very Happy), I am not convinced yet, as James came up with some pretty solid evidence that this gun was actually packed with a LL Squid Head. Pls give some argumnets here.

aussiejames wrote:
I too believe V5 can be LL.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 LLsquidgun-1

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:57 am

Great discussion on the Bespin Blasters guys let me know if there are any amendments you would like me to make to this page http://www.imperialgunnery.com/bespinblasters.htm

I also have full size pictures of all the Bespin Blasters pictured on TIG if anyone wants any larger pics to study on this thread -

Here is an example -

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 BespinBlaster___Comparison1024
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:00 am

jay....where is my watermark on this pic???....JK!!! LOL

Could it be that the Squidhead is a reseal??? Its not graded and the front pics looks supicious to me in some parts.....although Im not a MOC expert!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:19 am

Idefix13 wrote:

Uli

Thanks for all the input fellas, confused the hell out of me but I'm a lot clearer now. If we don't ask the questions then we don't learn, well I don't anyway.

Idefix, I got the blaster in a lot in the UK. Its not hard for Ledy items to find there way on to the world market mate, they've had 30yrs of kids playing with them, familys posting them all over the world, people bringing them back of holiday ect. I also remember buying foreign starwars when I was a Kid, in the bargain bucket at my local toy shop.

Scott
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:24 am

While I agree with the broad message of foreign items appearing all over the world, no Ledy figures were sold / sent to the UK, in fact it was the reverse, European overstock went to the states (well not South America perhaps but you get the idea)

Your chances of finding a Ledy weapon in the UK are higher if its from a dealer/collector who purchased it as such, but from a uk collection of childhood figures the chance is pretty slim to none- that is all Uli is saying. If you found a seller who was Born in Mexico and moved with his family with his toys as well then of course it could be Ledy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:30 am

On another note snaggletooth - to help you get clearer shots, if your camera has this setting on it - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 Macro

Turn it on and snap the picture so it all stays in focus, you should then be able to get really nice in focus shots, its never easy identifying anything if the pictures arent clear, especially weapons.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:49 am

Joe_O wrote:
On another note snaggletooth - to help you get clearer shots, if your camera has this setting on it - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 Macro

Turn it on and snap the picture so it all stays in focus, you should then be able to get really nice in focus shots, its never easy identifying anything if the pictures arent clear, especially weapons.

Also hold the camera button half way in until your display goes green (depending on your settings it maybe a box or a cross or similar) once its locked green then push the button down fully to capture the shot in focus.

Jay
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks for the tips joe and jay but I've been using the camera as you described, it's just shiit lol.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:25 am

I hate cameras as well mate, no matter what I buy or what I do - I normally can't get them to behave lol

Luckily I read the manual of my latest and getting better results now (funny enough lol) but I did declare it was the shittest camera ever made when I bought it Laughing
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 am

LL
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 SDC11864
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 SDC11865
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:39 am

Hi James,

I would say, that gun is a V1 blue rough surface: Lili Ledy (also mind the thicker tip if Ueli's theory seems correct)
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:49 am

It's black, came with my Lando but should go with Han trenchcoat. I really need to sort my picture taking skills out :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:22 am

aussiejames wrote:
It's black, came with my Lando but should go with Han trenchcoat. I really need to sort my picture taking skills out :scratch:

lol!

***** UPDATE ****

BTW: I updated Prune Face's entry in this thread with some interesting information I got from Ozio last night.

***** UPDATE *****
Back to top Go down
llseeker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi guys, interesting thread!!!

Quick notes:

1. The ackbar pictured is not LL. LL has lighter red head and the paint on the arms is shiny and a little glossy.
2. All Paploo figures are LL since they were manufactured exclusively in Mexico (same for Lumat) for worldwide distribution. There are no "Kenner" Paploo or Lumat figures.
3. The pictured Prune Face rifles are all Kenner. LL version is made out of a lighter-reddish plastic.

Best regards

Carlos

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi Carlos,

Great you joined the discussions in this thread, the more members chime in the better.

llseeker wrote:

1. The ackbar pictured is not LL. LL has lighter red head and the paint on the arms is shiny and a little glossy.

Let's hear what the others have to say about this. Can you post some side-by-side pics of your LL Ackbar with a Kenner Ackbar pls?

llseeker wrote:

2. All Paploo figures are LL since they were manufactured exclusively in Mexico (same for Lumat) for worldwide distribution. There are no "Kenner" Paploo or Lumat figures.

Could it be that Paploo and Lumat which were released on Lili Ledy cards had slightly different paint jobs compared to the same figures on international cards?
Similarly, acoording to this this thread on MIM cards slightly different paint jobs have also been observed for Lili Ledy figures on LL cards compared to the same figures on Kenner's 'Made in Mexico' cards.
How about the accessories: Are the LL and Kenner bows and hoods the same for Paploo and Lumat?

llseeker wrote:

3. The pictured Prune Face rifles are all Kenner. LL version is made out of a lighter-reddish plastic.
Interesting! Do you have by any chance some pics of your LL Prune Face rifle with its Kenner counterpart?

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:51 am

WAMPA OSCURO

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 Wampa_10

COO guide for Hoth Wampa: No. 2 is unique for Lili Ledy.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 Wampa_12

Hoth wampa: Lili Ledy on the right
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 Wampa_13

Hoth Wampa: Lili Ledy on the right
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 Wampa_14

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 Wampa_15

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 Wampa_16

Comments:

• Except for the horns, the Lili Ledy Wampa is the complete inverse of the Kenner Wampa having a black fur and white eyes and mouth.
  • Though less famous than Kenner’s Blue Snaggletooth, Lili Ledy's black Wampa (‘Wampa Oscuro’) is also the result of some serious miscommunication between Lucas Film Ltd and a toy company prior to developing a new toy figure. Early 1980 before the release of the Empire Strikes Back, Lili Ledy had already obtained a few Wampa moldings from Kenner. To be sure to paint the Wampa in the right colour scheme, Lili Ledy requested Lucas Film to send some pictures. Lucas Film responded by sending a few photo negatives of the Wampa scene to the Lili Ledy factory. A trainee at Lili Ledy's production department opened the mail and communicated the paint colours to his line manager not realizing he was looking at an inverse picture. The mistake was first discovered after the release of the Empire Strikes Back in the cinemas. At that time the Mexico toy stores were already fully stocked with the new ESB toys among them the black Wampas. In an 1984 Lili Ledy catalogue you can see how black Wampa is holding poor Admiral Ackbar in the air (in the background therefore difficult to see).

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 Wampa_17

• You can read more about black Wampa here,  here, and here.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:16 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:17 am

Laughing cheeky bugger. Smile You were meant to keep it a secret- now everyone is going to want one.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:19 am

Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:50 am

I want one.
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:40 am

WTF...tomorrow is January the 1st not April.
Awesome piece....never seen before. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next