The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need advice...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:58 am

I need some advice.
Thinking about starting à little MOC collection of THE first 21 relaesed in 21 back.
How much would this set me back knowing i dont want minty ones,but more near beater.
Wat would THE cheapest moc be and wat would be THE most exspensive moc be?

Any insight,advice and tips are more then welcome!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:07 am

I thought this was a decent price - http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=5&Number=4394852&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#4394852

I think you could easily find each figure for under $100-150 and perhaps even less if you aren't so fussed about condition.

Most C5-C7 mocs regardless of character or film release aren't going to cost you as much as mint ones.

Bargain hunting is the key- stay connected and ask around, you might uncover some gems Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:12 am

I know you want 21 backs but here is some relative 12 back pricing for non mint carded - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4557

It shows that there are bargains out there on cards that may have issues but still display great!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks Joe Wink
I could THE first 12 on 12back and complete THE rest with 21backs Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:21 am

I'm not up on my SW card prices but I think the only one you might struggle to get for a decent price is Luke, although of course it depends how fussed you are on condition.

I think a 12/21 mix would work well, its a nice compact set of figures and it might help you get a few more bargains by broadening your search.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:53 am

Depending on how "near beater" you are willing to go, ie pop removed, I think with patience you could get all 21 for $2000
Need advice... Powerdroidmoc
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:55 am

First off, I think that's a great idea for a small MOC run! 12, 20 and 21 backs are the kings of MOC IMO.

As far on prices, I think what Joe quoted and linked to are pretty spot on. Just remember that the 21 stormie is the rarest of the rare! So if you are aiming for strictly 21's he's going to be not only the hardest but most expensive. And its not even close. Fett gets the headlines, but the stormie is tops in that category. I "think" he was only released in Australia. Which makes it even tougher to track down.

Good luck! And keep us updated on your progress! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:59 am

aussiejames wrote:
I think with patience you could get all 21 for $2000
]

I agree actually, good budget to have in mind, the slower you take it and the more you look the better your chances of coming in under budget.

The Fett may well be something you look at last but if you save enough $$ on your other figures you can afford to splurge on him (and yes get a 12 back stormy! good tip Chris)
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:09 am

Im willing to take whatever commes allong.
Ive got à lot of patience,it rook me 10 years to complete my loose fig collection.
À 21back fett goes for how much?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:17 am

Maybe slide that original budget up by 500$ and save the extra 500 AND add it to the money you saved on bargains from the 2k$ and you should have enough lol

I think you could get a reseal close to 200-300 perhaps, maybe a c5-c6 sealed one with some serious issues for 400?500? Anything north of a beater condition wise is going to hurt you.
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:22 am

:awe: Wow didnt realize à fett would go That much!
May have to consider getting à more affordable one.....
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:22 am

Just found something that might interest you - pm sent (2nd one)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need advice... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need advice...   Need advice... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advice...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1