The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL Empty
PostSubject: OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL   OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:36 pm

I gotta show you guys this, to give you a bit of background, ROM is a chocolate bar thing sold her in Romania, its Romanian produced , has the countries flag on the packaging and its called "ROM" - if that wasn't enough clue to its origin lol

So we are watching tv today and this American guy comes up in the adverts, advertising the new packaging of ROM bars LOL

You gotta see this, I laugh my ass off every time I see it but FUCK ME thats harsh! LOL

http://www.noulrom.ro/

Dialogue "Why did we change the flag? So you can eat it anywhere in the world and feel PROUD"

If that isn't the most backwards kind of thinking ever I don't know what is, I think its only a matter of time before this is recalled LOL

Click on 1 + 2 in the video on the right to view both tv ads.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL   OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:41 pm

I've just read the "opinions page" and the comments are far from thumbs up Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL   OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Is this a joke? Lol if I'm going to eat a ROM bar it should damn well have a Romanian flag on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL   OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Shit, I thought it was about Rom the Space Knight selling his own candy bar. lol! I need to hurry up and buy me a few boxes to sell on Ebay before they do recall those things.

Seriously, though, that is about the most stupidest thing I ever seen. Changing the packaging so you can "feel proud to eat it anywhere". Makes you wonder about this country sometimes. Embarassed Sad
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL   OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 4:09 am

I think it was some wannabe American production team that came up with it, thinking that all things from America are "cool" and that no-one would mind if they just
took the flag off and replaced it lol

One comment said this would be ok for shock value if the product was new, but this ROM bar has been around since the 60's lol you just can't mess with stuff like this Rolling Eyes

For sure its gonna get taken off the air lol
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL   OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:32 am

This is funny as hell LOL

Do USA marketing teams / people honestly think Americans wouldn’t east it with a Romanian flag on it?

Part of the fun in getting foreign products is just that they are culturally specific it’s what makes then interesting!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL   OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT: This is some fucked up advertising LOL

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1