The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Modern Vintage Boba Differences

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Modern Vintage Boba Differences Empty
PostSubject: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 pm

I thought it might be good to put up a thread here showing what to look for in case a seller tries to pass one of these off as an original. There are enough differences that with good pictures you'd be able to tell. The figure itself is a tiny bit taller and thinner than an original, but the only way to tell that is comparing the two. The backpack is heavier with the launcher and makes the figure a lot more difficult to stand straight up. I had to position the top half of him leaning forward a bit to finally get him to stand. On his back right leg is a control number written in black letters. There is no date stamp or coo on the back of the leg. It is instead on the bottom of the feet and he also has modern size peg holes.

The blaster is more rubbery like the classic edition 4 pack figures. It also sinks in water. I'll see about getting some close up pictures of the rifle to compare it with authentic vintage weapons.

Modern Vintage Boba Differences Bobafr10
Modern Vintage Boba Differences Bobaba10
Modern Vintage Boba Differences Bobalo10
Modern Vintage Boba Differences Bobalo11
Modern Vintage Boba Differences Batchn10
Modern Vintage Boba Differences Bobaco10
Modern Vintage Boba Differences Blaste10
Modern Vintage Boba Differences Rocket10
Modern Vintage Boba Differences Bobas10

Last edited by shawn_k on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Nice figure dude but what the hell is that spaghetti rocket all about?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:08 pm

tigerham wrote:

Yeah looks like someone strapped a dildo to his back!

Im sure its the same policy as back when the original was released - i.e they didnt want kids to choke.

Jay

Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:19 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
tigerham wrote:

Yeah looks like someone strapped a dildo to his back!

Im sure its the same policy as back when the original was released - i.e they didnt want kids to choke.

Jay

Choke? Thats things gonna go through their mouth and pop out their buttholes! lol!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:23 pm

tigerham wrote:

Choke? Thats things gonna go through their mouth and pop out their buttholes! lol!

LOL! Yeah the larger rocket is the only one that actually fires for safety reasons. I originally thought it was going to stand straight up in the pack without the hole in the bottom, so it isn't quite as bad as I was expecting, but still looks pretty silly.

I've added pictures of the control number, blaster, rockets, and a shot of him next to a real vintage Boba.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:25 pm

In that last comparisn shot ya new one looks like he's been buttfucked and has a very sore hole! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:07 pm

tigerham wrote:
In that last comparisn shot ya new one looks like he's been buttfucked and has a very sore hole! lol!

lol! Poor guy never seen it coming. I can see a new caption contest there with that shot. "And they had to tell me I was modern. The horror, the horror".

Shawn, if no one ever showed any other shot but the front in an Ebay auction, I see alot of these sold as vintage. They are so dead on.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Well Hasbro did quite a neat job here, figure and packaging.

Though this rocket 'thing' looks out of proportions, poor Boba.

Shawn: Can you make a comparisson shot pls: vintage vs new vintage blaster?

I wonder which iconic vintage figure will be next, a DT Darth Vader?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:32 am

Great thread!!!!

You took my idea!!!!

up yours up yours up yours
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:19 am

shawn_k wrote:

Modern Vintage Boba Differences Bobas10

I don't know, it seems pretty obvious to me. The sculpt is clearly better (look at the chest plate detail). The stance is much wider, the paint applications are better. The figures left arm looks different and probably the most obvious, IMO, is the head. There's no parting lines and the color of the face looks 100% different.

Still, be careful out there. Who knows what will end up happening with these guys. That black serial number on the back of the leg scares me. Shocked
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:32 am

RebelChris wrote:

I don't know, it seems pretty obvious to me. The sculpt is clearly better (look at the chest plate detail). The stance is much wider, the paint applications are better. The figures left arm looks different and probably the most obvious, IMO, is the head. There's no parting lines and the color of the face looks 100% different.

Still, be careful out there. Who knows what will end up happening with these guys. That black serial number on the back of the leg scares me. Shocked

Yeah I don't think we'll see a flood of these passed off as vintage, but I'm sure the odd seller here and there might try. I've seen it done with the '95 classic pack figures and the '05 Early Bird Envelope, so I wouldn't put it passed them.

They should have made the number a barcode. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:54 am

Shawn can you take a picture of the blaster on a white background for www.imperialgunnery.com

Cheers Jay

Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:05 am

jaymassive619 wrote:

Shawn can you take a picture of the blaster on a white background for www.imperialgunnery.com

Cheers Jay

Yeah no problem Jay. I'll do it as soon I get home from work.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Read more about the differences here.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Vintage Boba Differences   Modern Vintage Boba Differences I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Vintage Boba Differences

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1