The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) Empty
PostSubject: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:02 am

I was looking at the coins on the bay during breaktime and nearly choked on my coffee:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-POTF-Coins-Prototypes-Errors-First-Shots-/250677761944?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

The pictures are worth looking at. Though with a relatively low feed back I am not sure if this guys is going to get his asking price. Cool to see the pitch coin though!

Heres a copy of his description:

Here is a chance to own nearly all the prototypes, first shots, and errors from the Power of the Force coin line. I'm also throwing in two unproduced POTF Coin Albums. All the coins are in good to excellent condition with no major flaws. With the exception of the one coin, I think it is a safe bet that every coin in the lot would grade either 85 or 90 by AFA standards. The Bronze blank is in fair to poor condition. The bronze blank is a very rare piece and I do know the provenance of it if you are an interested party. Everything in this lot is unproduced and extremely rare. All of the coins have been examined and weighed and are guaranteed vintage. Piecing together a coin collection like this took me the better part of a decade. I cant recall a sale this comprehensive ever being offered to the general public.

The lot includes:

Sail Barge Error Coin
The Pitch Coin
Jedi Knights Gold 63rd Coin
A-Wing Polit Gold Color Test
Lando General Bronze Color Test
Imperial Dignitary Bronze Color Test
Lando General Frosting Test
Han(S) Solo Error Coin
C-3PO Alternate Logo
Luke Skywalker Alternate Logo
R2-D2 Alternate Logo Gold
Bronze Blank
Warok Alternate Logo
A-Wing Polit Alternate Logo
Jawas Alternate Logo
R2-D2 Alternate Logo
Millenium Falcon Error Coin with Alternate Text
Small Luke Skwalker X-Wing
Yoda Alternate Logo
Sail Skiff Error Coin No Star Wars
EV-9D9 Alternate Logo
Creatures Cafe Error Coin with Alternate Text
Amanaman Alternate Logo
Power of the Force Coin Album C-9
Power of the Force Coin Album C-7
Shipping is free for bidders in the United States. Bidders from outside the United States should contact me before bidding to determine if overseas shipping is reliable to your country.

Last edited by Craig T on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:07 am

That's Chads (cloudcity_gangzr) auction if I am not mistaken, indeed some damn rare coins there!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:10 am

If you like coins (and I think Shawn links this in his coin guide but anyways!) check Chad's display!

Coins galore
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:15 am

Wow if it is Chad ... Maybe he should say that it is him the ebay auction.

He's a well respected as a collecter and it would help him get the price he wants.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:05 am

Craig T wrote:
Wow if it is Chad ... Maybe he should say that it is him the ebay auction.

He's a well respected as a collecter and it would help him get the price he wants.

I agree Criag Chads a well known respected collector on the forums so if it is his auction adding his name username to the listing would be a good move imo.

I have to say its awesome to see so many truely rare coins in one lot! Thank god i dont collect them though i would be constantly skint lol

I noticed there has been 3 offers already as well.

Jay

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:11 am

Brings up an interesting question, do people feel more inclined to trust a "known" member of a forum on a high price deal or an unknown ebay seller? (regardless of feedback)

For me, on any big deal I do (granted I am not talking about this kind of money!) I have either known the seller by name and reading their posts on the forum or before the deal I make lots of contact to work them out, I don't think its common place for buyers to be really get to know the other person on ebay unless they make the effort to talk by email etc

That's got nothing to do with Chad by the way, I am sure the high profile coin collectors are more than aware who the seller is and what a nice chap he is Very Happy

For the record I had no idea what Chad's ebay name was and wouldn't have guessed if it wasn't for the items he was selling !

Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:52 am

Well, Good Luck to him, i hope he gets what he wants Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:53 am

I bet that collection of coin stuff has you dribbling Carl! lol

Have you got a proto coin album btw?
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:01 am

TBH i have never been interested in the alt backs and error coins, however, i would have beeen tempted with the bronze potf coins and the frosted Lando Very Happy As for coin album, no i havent! I had my frames made instead Razz
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:09 am

I think the album looks cool on display though! How many are there in existence?
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:31 am

Joe_O wrote:
Brings up an interesting question, do people feel more inclined to trust a "known" member of a forum on a high price deal or an unknown ebay seller? (regardless of feedback)

For me, on any big deal I do (granted I am not talking about this kind of money!) I have either known the seller by name and reading their posts on the forum or before the deal I make lots of contact to work them out, I don't think its common place for buyers to be really get to know the other person on ebay unless they make the effort to talk by email etc

That's got nothing to do with Chad by the way, I am sure the high profile coin collectors are more than aware who the seller is and what a nice chap he is Very Happy

For the record I had no idea what Chad's ebay name was and wouldn't have guessed if it wasn't for the items he was selling !

Good point Joe!

I wouldn’t part with a massive sum of money without knowing the ebay seller personally or least seeing that there was a massive long-term history of feedback on many high price transactions. And even then a long history of good feedback should be taken with a “pinch of salt” Look what happen to me when I won that Canadian Jabba playset for the starting price. The cock spitefully crushed into the first box he could find and stole the unique paperwork and he had a feedback well into the thousands!

However it is amazing to see how much a person's reputation can help them!

Now knowing this is Chad, I would happily buy the collection if I had a spare $18,000 of course!

I think Chad (if it is definately him) should let himself be known on that particular auction. He is very much appreciated by his peers and highly looked up to as a expert in his collecting field.

It would be a great coup for someone more financially well-off then me to get that stunning collection with the provenance it came from a leading POTF coin expert like Chad. (Edit: Sorry Carl I meant Chad Embarassed )

With regards to the coin Album. There was one for sale on BToys a while back and at the same time I bought one from Eddie (thethingsIfind). I believe he had more than one. So that at least five not including the ones shown on SWCA.

Last edited by Craig T on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:47 am

Craig T wrote:
a leading POTF coin expert like Carl

LMAO! I would not consider myself that, not by a long shot!! But thanks for the compliment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CloudCity_Gangzr
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CloudCity_Gangzr

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Guilt as charged, I'm thethrillz on ebay. TBH, I really dont expect the lot to sell, it's too expensive. Especially given the current economic climate. I would be thrilled to sell it at as a lot, and I would take considerably less than the asking price for the lot. The real purpose of the ebay auction was to get some exposure to the right collectors at a cheap price. I will likely be breaking up the lot once that auction goes its course. There has been interest in most of the coins individually, but who knows maybe I will get lucky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/gallery/TIG-User-Mug-Shots/i
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:55 pm

CloudCity_Gangzr wrote:
Guilt as charged, I'm thethrillz on ebay. TBH, I really dont expect the lot to sell, it's too expensive. Especially given the current economic climate. I would be thrilled to sell it at as a lot, and I would take considerably less than the asking price for the lot. The real purpose of the ebay auction was to get some exposure to the right collectors at a cheap price. I will likely be breaking up the lot once that auction goes its course. There has been interest in most of the coins individually, but who knows maybe I will get lucky.

Chad you definately got my attention! I had to go and get screenwipes for the PC after I splattered coffee all over the screen!

I am taking a break on buying coins for the moment to work on my Luke Jedi focus (I have 1 x Cat 3, 4 x Cat 4, and 6 x Cat 5 still to go) but I still check the prices as I would like to start picking off some of the toughies next year.

That Pitch coin is something special.... any chance you may be able to say a couple of words on how you got it? I heard there's only 6 or something made? Is it true that they were actually made by the vender to send unsolicited to Kenner and after seeing the pitch coins then Kenner moved to make a promotion on them?

I really think you should tell everyone on the auction that it you! I don't think you realease how well thought of and respected you actually are and you should see some much better offers coming in. I'm buying a lotto ticket tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
CloudCity_Gangzr
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CloudCity_Gangzr

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:47 pm

As for buying from people you know versus ones you dont. It is a lot easier to do a deal with people you know. But, some of you guys are slacking on your classifies readings. It has been listed on RS for a couple of weeks now. I havent listed it on Rebel Scum South(here Very Happy ) because I assume you guys will see it there.

I think in a case like this, if youre seriously interested and can forking over that kinda cash, youre going to contact the seller regardless. I doubt anyone looked at my lot, thought to themselves, I would buy this but I'm walking away because I dont know that ebay name.

-Chad
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/gallery/TIG-User-Mug-Shots/i
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)   POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POTF Pitch Coin, 63rd and other Excellent Prototype Coins! ($18,000 big ones though!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1