The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

North east star wars event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

North east star wars event Empty
PostSubject: North east star wars event   North east star wars event I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi lads,

i visited royal quays outlet centre on monday (north shields). In the centre there is a notice board of whats gonna be on, sales etc and there was a noticef or an upcoming star wars event, there is a couple of pictures of storm troopers but no dates. I have emailed the royal quays and got my response today.

There is an upcoming star wars event commencing the week 25th october but we have no definate start or finish date, i will get back to you when we have more information.

Thats all the information i got in the reply , the lady who emailed me promised more information when she has it, il keep you informed as i know there are a few lads from the area on here.

cheers
Andy
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: North east star wars event   North east star wars event I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi Andy

There will certainly be people in costumes. We will have Darth Vadar, Chewy, Storm Troopers, Darth Maul, Jedi and Sand People. We had a competition at the last event to win an authentic Storm Trooper costume worth over £1000. We expect to have a similar competition in October. Please have a look at some of the photo on our website from the last event www.royalquaysoutlet.co.uk

We had a north eastern Star Wars garrison here at our last event who will be attending again in October. I will forward you a poster and all the info as soon as we have everything confirmed.

Thanks

Emily

As soon as i get the poster il put it on here

Andy
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: North east star wars event   North east star wars event I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:17 pm

Sounds good I will try my upmost to attend (Subject to work)

I will watch this space Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North east star wars event   North east star wars event I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:31 am

Hi Guy's..

New member here with a little more information about this event!!

It's not on the 25th but actually the 23rd of october from about 10am untill 4pm

As with the all the other SW events there the folks in Costume will be from the 99th Garrison http://www.heroes4hire.biz/99th_garrison_-_join_the_99th.htm

The first event was visited by half the people from north east and was a great hit...i believe that the Rebel Legion have also been asked to attend??

Ho do i know???

Derek MacArthur
TK-6251 Stormie Smiley
99th Garrison
Regional Events Officer (NE)
TK6251@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: North east star wars event   North east star wars event I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:44 am

Hi Derek and welcome to the forum,

there are quite a few lads here from the north east, im still waiting for the promised flyer/ further details from royal quays so thanks for clearing the date and time up.
Im looking forward to attending this

Andy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North east star wars event   North east star wars event I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:42 am

Glad to help...have you checked the RQ out on facebook??
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: North east star wars event   North east star wars event I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:55 am

Is there a site for this event and what specifically will be going on on the day?

Cheers Jay

PostSubject: Re: North east star wars event   North east star wars event I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Here's the flyer from the first event..

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=47553&id=100000758503512&ref=fbx_album

Here's some pictures from it
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=5252&id=100000758503512
Please note that the Wookie and Darth Maul were staff from the Royal Quays and not members of the 99th

As per usual we interacted with the public and we tend to have full access to all area's of the Royal Quays. But with over 15000 more visitors we found it a little difficult to get about.

They have competittions, the last one was for a set of Rubies Stormtrooper Armor......

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North east star wars event   North east star wars event I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North east star wars event

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1