The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed Empty
PostSubject: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:41 am

Hi Guys

As those that have been following the thread this last year a new wave of REPRO's came out of Europe there was 7 in total (See the picture Below) and they were dam close to the originals thankfully i have sourced all them with help from Emiel and we are now putting together a mini guide that once complete will be rolled out on all the vintage SW forums to warn collectors.

OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed All_7_10

However its now come to my attention that there is a second batch of high quality REPRO's out there that currently are not documented anywhere on the web (Including TIG and the Jawa's Armoury) so collectors have no way of checking of weeding them out.

Unfortunately the only way to put a decent guide together with high res detailed pictures and learning out how to tell these REPRO's apart from originals is by purchasing them. so i am looking for anyone who would want to help me both pay for and catalogue this new REPRO's so that a second guide for this new lot can be put together.

There are quite a lot of them and are scattered about some can be found on eBay now and again (I know they are also been sold as original with figures) and some sites sell them direct. If anyone can help with sourcing these that would be awesome! I don’t mind buying some of them myself but the more people that can help or chip in the better as the costs mount up.

It’s worth noting that a good few of these new un-catalogued REPRO's are of the weapons from the droid lines as well as a Lili Ledy Weapon!

If there is enough response from people to help then i will go 100% to ensure that we put together all the info / content so that collectors have what they need to avoid these dam things. If not ill just finished the guide for the 7 REPRO's above and leave it there for now.

Unfortunately the only way to put a decent guide together with high res detailed pictures and learning out how to tell these REPRO's apart from originals is by purchasing them.

To highlight for many years now both TIG and the Jawa’s Armoury before showed the only known Bikerscout REPRO Blaster it was easy to spot as it was painted and part of the earlier REPRO's that have been around 10 years + that were massed produced. One of the New REPRO's that news to be sourced and catalogued is a new REPRO Bikerscout Blaster that is not painted but cast in Grey Plastic and from what i can see in the poor picture available is that it looks pretty good certainly its much closer than the previous REPRO version.

You can see it here below -

OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed Bikers10

Cheers Jay

Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:14 am

I'll buy some for you Jay.
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:20 pm

Jay point me in the right direction once you find some and i can buy them through the shop and have a Photo Studio set up for shop also with sony A350/macro camera.

Once done with them i can repaint them to go with my Custom figures so they definatly wont enter the market as real ones again.
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Tech-Models
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:58 am

"REPRO's are of the weapons from the droid lines " Ryan Barclay has had these for sale for a few years, together with repro vehicle parts?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:05 am

Capetown wrote:
I'll buy some for you Jay.
Thats awesome Emiel and thanks once again for your help buddy!

xxGANDALFxx wrote:
Jay point me in the right direction once you find some and i can buy them through the shop and have a Photo Studio set up for shop also with sony A350/macro camera.

Once done with them i can repaint them to go with my Custom figures so they definatly wont enter the market as real ones again.
That would be a huge help bro! Even better as it means i don’t have to take the pictures and you will be able to recycle them as well!
aussiejames wrote:
"REPRO's are of the weapons from the droid lines " Ryan Barclay has had these for sale for a few years, together with repro vehicle parts?

Some of the REPRO’s are of the Droids line and yes Ryan Barclay’s Droids line REPRO’s have been on sale for a couple of years now but I was referring to more REPRO’S that just those though AJ.

i currently know of approx 30 REPRO’s from various sources that are not catalogued on either The Jawas Armoury, TIG or anywhere else on the net. I have over 300 REPRO’s currently that I have purchased over the last year and the cost of doing this ultimately adds up. The only reason I have bought them is to document them to help other vintage collectors after pictures are taken they are stored for reference and not resold or put back on the market.

The reason for this thread was 2 fold

1 - To see if anyone wanted to help out with the costs of buying these cursed things to document as i said I don’t mind buying some of them but I have probably spent over 100gbp on REPRO’s now so any help with the costs would be awesome.

2 - More importantly see if there is really a need to do so.

For example i have zero interest in the droids line but i feel that they are still part of the vintage starwars line / era and on that note people might want to avoid REPRO droid weapons and more importantly there are still a lot of vintage SW REPRO’s (like the bikerscout Pistol example) that are not currently documented.

We have at least 80 individual visitors to the main TIG site everyday with many days showing over 100 so this suggests that people use the resource and find it to be a benefit.

What im trying to gauge is it worth continuing to document the rest?

Cheers Jay

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 am

I think it would be worth it to document these new ones. The Droids line is starting to become popular since most collectors have the basic set and are now expanding out to the Droids/ Ewoks lines. And since theres repros floating around of them, it would be good to add them to the repro section to warn everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:54 am

Chris_J wrote:
I think it would be worth it to document these new ones. The Droids line is starting to become popular since most collectors have the basic set and are now expanding out to the Droids/ Ewoks lines. And since theres repros floating around of them, it would be good to add them to the repro section to warn everyone.

That’s my thoughts Chris although I don’t collect the Droids / Ewoks I do feel they are vintage.
I might work on getting the all the vintage SW REPRO's that still need documenting first and once that’s finished we can look at the Droids / Ewok REPRO's.

Jay
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 am

I'm happy to kick in for a few weapons too Jay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Same here, now that I start back to work on Monday, I can pitch in to help buy some of these things. I can send the money to you, Jay and let you pick them up if thats cool. The more info we can get out there on all these repros the better. Wish I had some more of the original weapons to send you like I did when you first got the site going, but I haven't run across any through the purchases I made lately.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Would tend to agree with the others, Jay, also be good to keep the research going as it's a valuable 'more feathers in the cap' for TIG on the whole. I've noticed, too, when surfing Ebay, there are a few sellers now starting to namecheck TIG as a reference to their accessories. That's very COOL!
I'm also happy to send a few ££s your way next payday so you can purchase some more repros for the research.
Good work all!
Cool
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Photo's sent through, Had trouble with RAW files as there 14meg each and wont go in Emails >.<

As you all know im new to collecting and if it wasnt for your site id have prolly got 70-80% repros in my collection so id say its 200% worth doing and any help i can offer just ask Smile
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:57 pm

I just had a close look at the JPG's i done and u can pick up the grains of dirt on the weapons that in my hand look mint to the eye >.<
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 3:06 am

Lee, it's fantastic that you can take great pictures- because I've had to give up helping, I'm shit tongue There may be a few other pictures that we need just ask Jay ie. real weapon & accessory pictures that are missing:) Jay can we just donate to the Imperial Gunnery?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 3:56 am

aussiejames wrote:
Lee, it's fantastic that you can take great pictures- because I've had to give up helping, I'm shit tongue There may be a few other pictures that we need just ask Jay ie. real weapon & accessory pictures that are missing:) Jay can we just donate to the Imperial Gunnery?

Donating to the Imperial Gunnery just adds forum credits that are used to run the site bro and to be honest due to all the donations people made over the last couple of months we have more than enough credits for the next 6 months at least so no more are needed for now! I have just used some the other day to buy more gallery space actually Smile

We can do it 2 ways as Gandalf said due to his picture studio and ability to recycle the weapons for customs im going to sort out the links for a few for him to pick up himself.

Regarding the rest if people can gift what they want to chip in to my paypal ill then use that to purchase the REPRO's needed ill also provide them a copy of the invoice and Paypal screen showing which REPRO's were purchased.

To be honest i am blown away by the offers of support in the thread and its definitely renewed my interest to invest the time / energy needed to ensure that ALL the different REPRO's out there are catalogued!

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:10 am

xxGANDALFxx wrote:
Photo's sent through, Had trouble with RAW files as there 14meg each and wont go in Emails >.<

As you all know im new to collecting and if it wasnt for your site id have prolly got 70-80% repros in my collection so id say its 200% worth doing and any help i can offer just ask Smile

I just had a quick look lee and they are fantastic buddy once ive edited them ill add them to the thread Smile They are going to be perfect for the new guide!

Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:35 am

This is what happens to the Repros i get (As i dont belive in waste Wink )

This repro is for a custom figure im doing for Geordie on here Wink

OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed DSC05894
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:29 am

Jay, send me your paypal info and I'll send you alittle something for some of those repros. The more info we can get out there on these things, the better the community at large will be to spot these atrocitys. I'm more than happy to help get these off the market and help id what the differences are in them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed   OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT - More new REPRO's hitting the Market! Help Needed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1