The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Empty
PostSubject: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:28 am

This Vader variant arrived. It's the one that got discussed before with the thicker cloak. Was hoping for some advice on which variant it is? Also rarity/value ideally. He's got bigger feet than my other Vaders if that helps?
PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... 56819009.th
PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... 14181739.th
PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... 61280990.th
PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... 29759342.th
PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... 41708155.th

Was also wondering about this Klaatu skirt? I think it's connected with the MIM figures? Would appreciate info on which variant it belongs too and how to identify it.
PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Skirta.th

Also, while I'm asking, Short mouth Bikers are MIM/LL only right?

The Dengar with the really pale face and darker armour (and C.O.O. scar) is it Tri-Logo? PBP? Both?

And last question; Luke and Leia poncho - the Luke always has three notches on his belt and the Leia always has two - is that correct?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Wishes,

Jeremy

Last edited by Discobob83 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Empty
PostSubject: I've got another question....   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:44 am

I want to list my MISB 1994 Vader 'Bend'ems' carry case on RS, but can't work out what section to list it in? (It doesn't seem to really fit in any of them? Any advice?
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:53 am

I can answer a few

1) The Vader Case should go in the modern section.

2) The short mouth Biker Scout is exclusive to MIM/Ledy figures

3) The thin skirt Klaatu did come on the MIM figure I had but I don't know if it's exclusive

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:09 am

Darthberizing wrote:
I can answer a few

1) The Vader Case should go in the modern section.

2) The short mouth Biker Scout is exclusive to MIM/Ledy figures

3) The thin skirt Klaatu did come on the MIM figure I had but I don't know if it's exclusive

Hi John,

Thanks for answering. Smile

With the vader case, it should go in the 'Hasbro Modern Collecting' section?. Which subsection?

That's interesting about the Klaatu skirt. I was actually asking about the one on the left. I have about 20 Klaatu skirts and the rest are all like the one on the right, I only have one thicker, woolier one like the one on the left, so I assumed that was the rarer one? So you had a MIM figure and it had the thinner skirt on the right? That's interesting, shows what I know.... Embarassed Laughing

-J
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:24 am

Im not sure but I'd choose the POTF2 section for the Vader case.

As for Klaatu, I cant say with any certainty about match up of skirt and figure. You should go onto Ebay and look at MOCs from Klaatu and see what you find. I'd be curious to see what comes up!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Ok I just checked the Klaatu on ebay and that cape variant appears to fairly common, just referred to as the 'thick cape' variant. More plush than the standard version but much less so than the LL. I couldn't identify which figure variants it belongs too as most ebay listings don't have that info.

Still need help with the other stuff, especially the Vader...anyone? Pretty Please? Laughing

Jay mentioned that it might be either a PBP or a Palitoy? (he hadn't seen photos at this point, he was just going by my description)
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:27 am

Hi J

The PBP is well covered in the Poch / PBP thread bro Smile Ill check the pictures tonight for you when im back home on my laptop and let you know but if needed all the info the Poch / PBP thread on page 8,9,10

Regarding the Dark Armour Dengar it can be found on 2 MOC's Tri Logo and PBP i actually own this figure on a Tri Logo pictured below -

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... MediumBookCase1

Cheers Jay

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:30 am

The Dark Armour Denagar is known as the Tri / PBP Variant here is a decent picture (Its the middle Dengar)

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... FIGS8

Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:43 am

Hi Jay,

Thanks so much for the reply.

I got a couple of the Tri/PBP Dengars through the post (neither in great condition unfortunately) but that's useful info thanks.

As regards the Vader, in the Poch/PBP thread, I found your post on page 10. The Vader I have has the same C.O.O. as the one you picture and has the chest plate/belt of the one on the right where you hve two pictured side by side. Also has the mushroom tipped saber. The cape looks like the right texture/thickness, but doesn't look handcut.

Is there any way of distinguishing between the PBP and the Palitoy Vader? I can't seem to find any info on that.
Best Wishes,

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Discobob83 wrote:
Hi Jay,

Thanks so much for the reply.

I got a couple of the Tri/PBP Dengars through the post (neither in great condition unfortunately) but that's useful info thanks.

As regards the Vader, in the Poch/PBP thread, I found your post on page 10. The Vader I have has the same C.O.O. as the one you picture and has the chest plate/belt of the one on the right where you hve two pictured side by side. Also has the mushroom tipped saber. The cape looks like the right texture/thickness, but doesn't look handcut.

Is there any way of distinguishing between the PBP and the Palitoy Vader? I can't seem to find any info on that.
Best Wishes,

Jeremy

The differences are probably still up for debate and been researched tbh but the difference between the PBP and the Palitoy is the chest plate painting. Check out Javi's MOC picture if the chest plate of yours is different then its the Palitoy one.

Still on my PDA in the pub mashed after englands win but ill add a defo answer for you tomorrow buddy Smile

Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:30 am

jaymassive619 wrote:

The differences are probably still up for debate and been researched tbh but the difference between the PBP and the Palitoy is the chest plate painting. Check out Javi's MOC picture if the chest plate of yours is different then its the Palitoy one.

Still on my PDA in the pub mashed after englands win but ill add a defo answer for you tomorrow buddy Smile

Thanks Jay,

I checked the Javi's MOC pic and it's not a perfect match, but as they're hand painted it's difficult to tell. I also checked it against your pic of the two vaders that have that C.O.O. also. I'm really not sure?

I want to list it to sell, but don't want to mislabel it or under/over charge.

Best Wishes,

-J
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:48 am

Discobob83 wrote:
jaymassive619 wrote:

Thanks Jay,

I checked the Javi's MOC pic and it's not a perfect match, but as they're hand painted it's difficult to tell. I also checked it against your pic of the two vaders that have that C.O.O. also. I'm really not sure?

I want to list it to sell, but don't want to mislabel it or under/over charge.

Best Wishes,

-J

Hi J

Can you put a detailed close up of your Vaders Chest Plate buddy?

Cheers Jay

Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:04 am

Hi Jay,

Thanks mate, really appreciate the help! Smile

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Azcrc4
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:05 am

How cool is that close-up!? You can see all the tiny paint splashes/runs. Shocked Cool
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:08 am

I'm going to try asking the same question on RS as well; as the old expression goes 'two vintage Star Wars forums are better than one' (there may be some para-phrasing involved there somewhere.) Wink

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully the mystery will be solved soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:33 am

From what i can see your chest plate paint is different to the 2 examples of mine im just trying to dig another picture out buddy Smile

Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 am

jaymassive619 wrote:

From what i can see your chest plate paint is different to the 2 examples of mine im just trying to dig another picture out buddy Smile

Hi Jay,

That's great thanks. I know you're busy so any help you can give is great. (I wasn't complaining, I just thought the more people I asked the better as it's not fair to be relying entirely on you as seems to have happened here.)

I'll let you know if I get any info from RS.

Best Wishes,

-J
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 am

Hi J no probs buddy

This terms of origin for this figure are ineffect sill been worked out whats clear is it was released on PBP MOC's and Palitoy MOC's.

The thing to consider is there seems to be a few different chest plate paint apps kicking around for this figure.

If you cape had the hand cut error then i would say based on your chest place close up that its the same as Javi's MOC example.

Are you 100% the cape doesnt have the nick? Or is there a chance the capes have been mixed up with other vader examples that you own buddy

FYI The mushroom tip saber is the correct one Smile

Here are some more details -

My loose Variants (Both with thick hand cut cape and H Scar COO)

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... DCAM0684

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... DCAM0683

Pailtoy MOC 65 Back – (Thick cut cape example)

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... DCAM0681

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... DCAM0678

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... DCAM06802

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... DCAM0676

Javi’s PBP MOC and Loose Examples -

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Dsc_0421PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Dsc_0422PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Dsc_0423PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Dsc_0424

Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi Jay,

Yeah...I thought it looked different too.

Hmmmmm...the mystery deepens.

Do your ones have the larger feet too? Someone was just saying to me that the larger feet is a indicator of a Clipper vader (he added that the C.O.O. would appear wrong for that) I was just wondering whether it was possible that it was a clipper variant with a different C.O.O.?

The cloak definitely doesn't have the uneven cutting. It is 100% certainly the cloak that came with the figure when I bought it, but that obviously doesn't mean that it's definitely the cloak it was originally sold with.

Haven't had any useful info from RS yet.

Really appreciate all the help Jay - thanks so much for the time and effort. It's an interesting one. I'm more curious now than when I first asked. Laughing

-J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...   PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PBP/Palitoy Darth Vader? PBP/Tri-logo Dengar? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1