The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope Empty
PostSubject: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Q& A with Chris Muncke from A New Hope!!

TIG'ers we are excited, pleased, honored and proud to present an opportunity to you all! Chris Muncke played Captain Khurgee who led the scanning crew aboard the Millennium Falcon and is now TIG's 1st cast member. Chris has graciously agreed to let us submit questions about the filming and he'll do his best to answer!

The Mod team was instantly transformed into fanboys at this opportunity and we took a few breathes and decided it might be best to follow a format instead of letting us all go willy-nilly. After careful consideration, here's what we are going to do:

We are going to submit questions to Chris via Email and the answers will be posted in its own thread. These questions will be taken from the community and sent to Chris. We want people to submit whatever they want but we want to keep things on topic. Some examples of do and don'ts:

Do's

How was George Lucas to work with?
When filming, did you know David Prowse’s' voice wasn't going to be used?

Don’ts

Why did they make Jawa's with a Vinyl Cape then cloth?
Can you get me a Ledy Boba Fett?

Chris' contribution to the Star Wars ecosystem is relegated to films so we want to keep it on topic. There are so few chances to get a first hand look at the filming of any movie, let alone A New Hope, so think hard about your questions. Questions can be submitted via Email to admin@imperialgunneryforum.com. The moderators will put together the list and send it to Chris!

If you have any questions please feel free to post below or PM a moderator.

Once again, thanks to Chris for agreeing to do this!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:20 pm

I want to take this opportunity to welcome Chris to The Imperial Gunnery Forum Smile

It’s really great of Chris to agree to do this question and answer session here on TIG Smile

Just to add Chris Muncke played the role of Captain Khurgee in A New Hope -

Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope 250px-11

You can read more about his character here - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Khurgee
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:26 pm

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Chris for taking the time to do this for us.

This is a great opportunity and a wonderful event for TIG! It should be a lot of fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Welcome to TIG Forum Chris and thanks for participating!

I would like to know what was at the top of the Falcon's boarding ramp when the scanning crew went up and went out of scene. All we hear is the scuffle and gun shots. Did the scanning crew just hide around the corner until the scene was shot or could they walk around the ship?

I know you see inside of the ship near the top of the boarding ramp from the other side (when the stormtroopers do a preliminary search and Han and company are hiding under the floor), but is this the same set?

I thought it would be interesting to find out the level of detail that went into the ship for those scenes.

Kind regards,

Craigy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:36 pm

Craig

An excellent question (to submit properly per the rules) Wink
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Wow! BIG kudos to Chris for taking the time to come onboard with TIG.
What a great event this will be, cheers Chris Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Welcome to TIG Chris & many thanks for taking the time to participate in some Q & A! Cool

I would like to ask you how did you get the part of Captain Khurgee & did many people audition for the part & did you think when you were filming that Star Wars would end up becoming a massive commercial success or not?

Many thanks & best regards,

Mark.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Mark,

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:52 am

Darthberizing wrote:

so all questions need to be submitted to : admin@imperialgunneryforum.com. not here?
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:13 pm

John, I sent a couple of questions to that address from my email account... that right?
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Is a pleasure to have Chris on board!!!! I know you see a ton of faces during the events, but it was great to have time to talk to him during FAN DAYS III!.

I´ll stop by and say Hello in Orlando!!

Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope Chirs_10
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:54 pm

wow this is awsome , thanks chris your ace

altho , i wouldent know what to ask at this time

well maybe one , how did it feel when you knew you got the role , pretty exciting i bet

did ya perhaps take some behind the scenes pic's and do you still have them if so can we see

specialy pic's of carey changing outfits , lol just kidding chris it's an honor to have ya here

and to be honest i'd rather read a story about those day's from your experiance then to ask ya questions

ive seen a couple of films documanteries of how the movies got made

like for example all the guy's that made jabba move or how the rancor was created

so my question actually is how was the magic of it all tell us about it , if ya have the extra time
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:58 am

Guys feel free to post your potential questions and comments on this thread but you need to also send them to the email address provided by John in the first post Smile

Once we have all the questions in we will pick the best ones and they will be submitted to Chris to answer and the results will be posted on TIG Smile
Back to top Go down
bollux
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
bollux

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:06 am

WTF Jimmy!

That's brilliant, makes absolutely no sense, I love it!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:10 am

Captain Khurgee wrote:
Hey Merlin!

You have no idea what kick it is to see that pic of your frame and then to see my auto there with all the others! What a gas, gas, gas! Please stop by and say hello in Orlando.

Chris

merlin wrote:
RebelChris wrote:
Also forgot to mention that autograph tickets went on sale as well! Smile

Official Pix has a cool bonus for ordering early too. Wink

Autograph Tickets

Already order 2 for Carrie fisher.... this time I will not wait 3 hours in Line for her autograph!!!

Going to get signed my frame and my Ledy Princess Leia..... ( I still don´t know which one!!)

Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope Autogr17
my[b]
Jumping Jack Flash, you have no idea what a kick it is to see Chris post on our site Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:51 pm

Any updates on this? Were enough questions submitted?

Looking forward to seeing the final thread bounce bounce Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:58 am

Just to update we have had a number of questions already but if anyone else wants to ask Chris something then please feel guys Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:55 am

I stop by and say hi to Chris!!! .....he is a great guy!!! ........

Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope 100_4822
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:57 am

merlin wrote:

I stop by and say hi to Chris!!! .....he is a great guy!!! ........

Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope 100_4822

Hey Merlin, that's a great pic, thanks for the share Cool

Can't wait for this Q & A thread with Chris to start!!

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:06 am

Cool Merlin...did you get to chat for long?
You at C5? Caught up with Chris & Shawn yet?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:05 am

Awesome Pic Merlin!!

As Tim said have you caught up with Shawn or Chris yet?

Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:01 am

No I haven´t seen them!!!.....I PM them, no answer yet !!!...
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:51 pm

merlin wrote:

It must have gotten lost as I don't have a pm. I'm in the collectors panel room right now waiting for the store displays presentation. Send me an email to adminatpowerofthetoys.com and we'll see if we can meet up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:21 pm

shawn_k wrote:
merlin wrote:

It must have gotten lost as I don't have a pm. I'm in the collectors panel room right now waiting for the store displays presentation. Send me an email to adminatpowerofthetoys.com and we'll see if we can meet up.

Thnaks!!!! ... got a little sick...back to my hotel... DAMN, it was crowded today!!! ..HAVE FUN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope   Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question and Answer Session with Chris Muncke, Castmember from A New Hope

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1