The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT Empty
PostSubject: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:41 am

I just got this Boba in the post. I recognised him immediately as the rarer, pale No C.O.O./Scar version, but beyond that wasn't sure. I took a couple of photos and was hoping someone could help. He has the darker belt and painted knee + painted dart. I was hoping someone could tell me what version he is, his approximate value and whether there is a specific weapon variant that should go with this figure?

Also, I got a few more Jedi Lukes, one was a 'Made in Taiwan' and one was a 'Made In Hong Kong', I'm sure there was some discussion on this forum recently about one of these ?(can't remember which?) I think people were looking for one or the other? Is that right, or have I gone mad? If I'm right, which one was it? (and is there still interest?)

More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT 6nta2p

More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT Mq553
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:52 am

The Fett is mostly known as a Tri-Logo Fett (but I think I've seen a Palitoy MOC with him). He looks great too! I'm not sure of the weapon but I tend to think it's the lighter blue blaster but I don't think it would matter. Value wise I'd say $80-$100.

As for the Luke's the Taiwan is the rarer of the two and generally the one people need. However the HK one usually is a Blue Saber which is more desireable. I've sold both within the last 4 months and got about the same for both. The Taiwan stamp and the Blue Saber on the HK sort of evened them out.

I'm sure Shawn_K or Craig can expand on the Luke's.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:07 am

The "made in Hong Kong" Luke Jedi was talked about re Ledy Luke Jedi. Uli was looking for some? The Fett Tri logo painted knee & painted dart is exactly that. I agree with $80-$100. (I'd pay $70 delivered Wink )
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:09 am

Darthberizing wrote:
The Fett is mostly known as a Tri-Logo Fett (but I think I've seen a Palitoy MOC with him). He looks great too! I'm not sure of the weapon but I tend to think it's the lighter blue blaster but I don't think it would matter. Value wise I'd say $80-$100.

As for the Luke's the Taiwan is the rarer of the two and generally the one people need. However the HK one usually is a Blue Saber which is more desireable. I've sold both within the last 4 months and got about the same for both. The Taiwan stamp and the Blue Saber on the HK sort of evened them out.

Hi John,

Thanks so much for the info, really appreciate it! Smile

So, do details like the belt colour, whether the dart is painted or not make any difference in terms of identifying the variant/rarity, or is it just the light colour and the scar means it's either tri-logo (or palitoy) and the rest just varies? Also, is there a PBP Fett variant and if so, what are the identifiers?

Sorry to swamp you with questions, just really interested.

Was really happy to discover him, he was part of a bunch of loose figures and I didn't notice him in the photo.

As regards the Lukes, unfortunately I didn't get the blue saber with the figure. I'll try asking Shawn and Craig for advice (thanks for the tip) as I'm curious about cape variants and what capes the two figures should have as well?

So is the 'Made In Taiwan' worth in the same ballpark as a normal Luke Jedi or is the difference significant?

Thank in advance

-Jeremy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:16 am

Made in Taiwan luke molded head not painted head is a bit more 'valuable' . Craig's limelight/resource thread will have loose variants soon. IMO the light colour & scar = tri-fett and there are 4-8 versions knee/dart , painted/unpainted , belt colour.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:23 am

I'm not a Boba Expert but AJ is right on that there are a few differences/combos out there in paint apps. I don't think it affects the pricing way to much though.

Feedback TIG
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:39 am

aussiejames wrote:
Made in Taiwan luke molded head not painted head is a bit more 'valuable' . Craig's limelight/resource thread will have loose variants soon. IMO the light colour & scar = tri-fett and there are 4-8 versions knee/dart , painted/unpainted , belt colour.

Hi James,

Thanks for the feedback! Very Happy That's useful to know about the Fetts (I've always wondered that.)

So $80 -$100 converts to approx £55 - £70 for the Fett. I think I'll put him in the classifieds or the £55, I'd be very happy with that.

Both my Lukes have painted face/hand, the MIHK has a darker skin colour than the MIT, finer eyes and eyebrows and (to me at least) glossier boots.

Do you have a link to what was being said about the MIHK/Ledy connection?

Best Wishes,

-J
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:43 am

Here's the link to the Ledy Luke and it shows a the markings

Luke Ledy

Do you have a weapon for Mr. Fett? I might be interested TBH

Feedback TIG
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:55 am

You can find Luke Jedi with Hong Kong, Made in Hong Kong, Made in Taiwan and finally without country information.

If you can post some pictures of the Luke Jedi figures you got I can probably help you identifying the correct ls and blaster for them.

Btw. if your "MIHK" Luke really has the made in and comes with the correct blaster I'm very very interested in him Very Happy

Uli
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:00 am

Darthberizing wrote:
Here's the link to the Ledy Luke and it shows a the markings

Luke Ledy

Do you have a weapon for Mr. Fett? I might be interested TBH

Thanks.

Having had a look, I think I'm even more confused now. Laughing

The one I have has a face like the Ledy figure in the shot that shows the Torso of one Ledy figure on the left and one Kenner figure on the right, but doesn't look like the face of the Ledy figure in the shot where there are two Kenner figures on the left and the Ledy on the right.

It's also a bit confusing as it shows the Ledy figures as having the 'made in' and the Kenner without, but presumably, the 'made in'; doesn't necessarily make him a Ledy?

Think I better take some photos. Smile

J
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:06 am

Idefix13 wrote:
You can find Luke Jedi with Hong Kong, Made in Hong Kong, Made in Taiwan and finally without country information.

If you can post some pictures of the Luke Jedi figures you got I can probably help you identifying the correct ls and blaster for them.

Btw. if your "MIHK" Luke really has the made in and comes with the correct blaster I'm very very interested in him Very Happy

Uli

Hi Uli,

Unfortunately I don't have any blasters for them at present Sad ( I do have two en route though) I'll take some photos of the figures though and post them up shortly.

-J
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:48 am

Sweet Fett bro.

Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:56 am

Weirdly a molded face 'Made In Taiwan' just arrived in the post!! Spooky. Shocked

Pictures soon. Have some shipping to do now.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:05 pm

wow is that really the value of a tri fett , i paid , 10 euro in a vintage shop in my area
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:55 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
wow is that really the value of a tri fett , i paid , 10 euro in a vintage shop in my area

Also with painted wrist dart and that good condition? If so - BARGAIN!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:44 am

Thankfully he is still quite a common figure, collector market drives the price up because its a European only release and hes a cool looking variation so Americans normally drive the price up in my opinion (It's a bit like the Europeans paying over the odds for Blue Snaggletooth, not rare and exists in many thousands but wasn't available our side of the pond!)

I found a few Tri Fetts in lots on ebay.uk and many times you can pick a good bargain up on one if you look closely at lots and bad pictures - Good condition however is another thing Wink Luckily one of the ones I got in a lot was pretty perfect Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:32 am

Discobob83 wrote:
Darthberizing wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks so much for the info, really appreciate it! Smile

So, do details like the belt colour, whether the dart is painted or not make any difference in terms of identifying the variant/rarity, or is it just the light colour and the scar means it's either tri-logo (or palitoy) and the rest just varies? Also, is there a PBP Fett variant and if so, what are the identifiers?

Sorry to swamp you with questions, just really interested.

Was really happy to discover him, he was part of a bunch of loose figures and I didn't notice him in the photo.

As regards the Lukes, unfortunately I didn't get the blue saber with the figure. I'll try asking Shawn and Craig for advice (thanks for the tip) as I'm curious about cape variants and what capes the two figures should have as well?

So is the 'Made In Taiwan' worth in the same ballpark as a normal Luke Jedi or is the difference significant?

Thank in advance

-Jeremy

Hey Jeremy,

I bought a some lovely Luke Jedi figures in the past from you and they were spot on! Anyone considering buying from Jeremy can expect a 100% service with excellent comms, assistance, and promptly delivered figures that are well protected.

I am away in the UK seeing family at the moment but email me all the questions you want Jeremy.

I still need to pick up or upgrade a few luke Jedi for my reference guide so maybe wait until I get back to you before selling as I will certainly fight for the figures I need if they are still going.

I am working on presnting a special feature with in my guide listing the correct weopons with the correct figures and on which cardback run these combinations exist. Bear with me though as work and wife take up time.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Darthberizing wrote:

Guys:

In my opinion (and from my buying experience so far) the Taiwan Luke Jedi is the most common Luke Jedi variation available. The figure was produced on every Kenner cardback including POTF and even appeared on Tri-Logos. This figure was made by the “TJ” factory (see my research post for details on the conventions used)

TAIWAN:

Now there are 2 major differences appearing on “TJ” Taiwan Luke Jedi figures:

Head Type: Either Moulded or Painted Face

COO Type: Either touching the top of the boot or slightly lower down the boot

Now although the Taiwan Luke Jedi is the most common variation of Luke Jedi figures to collect, the majority have painted faces. The paint can vary from pink to yellow to almost so pale it looks off white. Only small minority of Taiwan Lukes Jedi have a head moulded in pink plastic and the hair painted on. This was presumably more expensive to make and so was replaced with the cheaper to produce painted head.

HONG KONG:

The Hong Kong Luke Jedi can cause confusion as there were actually two factories that made them.
The “HN” factory made the Palitoy NCOO and Kenner “Hong Kong” COO Luke Jedi. This factory was the only factory to make the sabres initially in blue plastic.

The second factory in Hong Kong: “HT”, produced the Luke Jedi figures with “Made in Hong Kong” COO on the leg. This figure was sold by Kenner and Lili Ledy as shown in the guide.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:30 pm

12 points to Craig!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT   More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More questions :o) Tri-Logo/PBP Boba & Luke Jedi MIHK/MIT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1