The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Han shot first! And other things that piss us off....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JediTray
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
JediTray

Han shot first! And other things that piss us off.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Han shot first! And other things that piss us off....   Han shot first! And other things that piss us off.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:48 am

Jake Lloyd was absolute pants. But then again, the whole TPM movie was pants. Even decent actors like Liam Neeson and Ewan McCregor couldn't pull that one out of the fire. Even well established actors can't do much with a shit script and nonstop green screens!
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~jeditray/
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Han shot first! And other things that piss us off....   Han shot first! And other things that piss us off.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:37 am

JediTray wrote:

You know, on a technical level, the space battle at the beginning of ROTS makes the Battle of Endor's space battle look like a cheap animatic. IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS WAY. They have the technology to not only completely redo the battle digitally, but to make it longer and more of an impact. They need to add B-Wings doing what they do best (taking out Star Destroyers), instead of just having them disappear from sight.

I disagree totally with this one Tray for me the ROTJ Battles are far more realistic than those shot in CGI on the ROTS.

The ROTS opening battle looks at times like and xbox game! For me you cant beat the realism that was gained by the use of model ships on the ROTJ.

Jay
Back to top Go down
JediTray
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
JediTray

PostSubject: Re: Han shot first! And other things that piss us off....   Han shot first! And other things that piss us off.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:40 am

I totally agree about models. I know some pro builders and it is one of the truest artforms in the world. However, I don't agree that the battles in ROTJ were more realistic. The AT-ST's and speeder bikes are terrible and I was hoping they would be fixed. Not yet. My comment was from a technical standpoint, meaning that the technology is there now to improve on the space battles. It's been said that the B-Wings disappeared from the battle because the technology at the time was too limited. They could not achieve good enough shots because of the design of the ships and the blue screen methods available at the time. I say it's high time that all of that shit is fixed. The OT demands that respect.
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Han shot first! And other things that piss us off....   Han shot first! And other things that piss us off.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:03 am

Well I think ROTS is the most crapy movie in the saga. All battles most be over before they start to get thrilling. Just see the battle at the wookie home planet, order 66 (is just a lot of movie clips put together) and so on. The final battle obi agenst Anikan is greaht but the rest of the movie ohh dear a crapy movie.

now for the battle in ROTJ the models are greaht, and the battles are more thrilling, you get the fealing do they make it, will han blow up the imperiel bunker, will lando and weage blow up the death star and will luke surive the meating with Darth Vader and the emporer. All thinks ROTS is lacking to do.
Back to top Go down
JediTray
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
JediTray

PostSubject: Re: Han shot first! And other things that piss us off....   Han shot first! And other things that piss us off.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:54 pm

As soon as I heard that Sebastian Shaw was going to be cut from the final scene of ROTJ, I made sure that I had my loose vintage Anakin, a packaged one, the Flashback Photo figure loose and packaged, and the Jedi Spirits Cinema Scene. I will never forget the way it is supposed to be, and replacing him with Hayden is unforgiveable.
Back to top Go down
JediTray
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
JediTray

PostSubject: Re: Han shot first! And other things that piss us off....   Han shot first! And other things that piss us off.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:47 am

And let's not forget, although I'd like to....

Midichlorians. MidiFUCKINGchlorians.

There was absolutely NO need for this failed attempt to describe the Force, or how strong it is with someone. NONE.

Qui-Gon was supposed to be a Jedi Master (who got killed by a Sith APPRENTICE, utter bullshit), and all that was needed was the assurance from him that the Force was "strong with this boy (Anakin)." We, the audience, would have accepted that and understood. Inventing a creature in the blood to give it a "count", or a number to compare, was absolute rubbish.

Just think, if Qui-Gon and Darth Maul lived to the events of AOTC, we just might have had a chance to start caring about the characters. Qui-Gon should have met a more noble end on Geonosis with his fellow Jedi. Maul should have lived, only to be dispatched by Dooku/Tyranus in a brutal duel for Sidious' right hand. THAT might have been worth seeing.

Oh well, it's all in the can, and thank The Maker I don't have to ever watch it again.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Han shot first! And other things that piss us off....   Han shot first! And other things that piss us off.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:25 am

Hey guy's.That last two times i watched ROTJ.

I noticed in the scene where han is trying to get the door open at the sheild generator building,and leia get's shot in the left arm Harrison Ford goes to grab her shoulder and ask her if she's alright but as he grabs her left shoulder his hand slip's down and grab's her tit.has anyone one else noticed this?go watch the scene a couple times you'll see the breast grab. I swear he's grabbing it. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Watch this video right at about 3 minutes and 5 second's into the video han's hand slip's from Leia's shoulder to grab the sweet nug.Oh yeah i've watched this alot he actually cuff's that breast. What a smooth move.I wish that was my hand copin a feel on Carrie Fisher.Boo-Yeah.