The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market   New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Okay, i've pm'd Jay and have taken it upon myself to check
all my vintage weapons for variations plus to float test everything.

Here's some of them. There is actually a lot more than it looks in the
photo lol! Also, i have 50 luke/ben/vader sabers to check plus
lots of yoda and logray accessories also not pictured.

New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 Picture%201882

AJ - it's great now that i have my loosies encased in clamshells but they are
boxed up and it's an arse digging through them when i need to check
something at the bottom of the box lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market   New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:40 am

Man thats a lots of weapons Lee i have a pile of REPRO's as big as that lol!

Just to update i have purchased a complete General Madine for the Original Staff (GRRR i hate this figure!) I going do do some high res comparision shots against the REPRO Madine Staff this weekend to hopefully find something to tell them apart! (Unfortuantely they both float so that can't be used)

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market   New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Here are the Madine Staff REPRO and Original Comnparision Shots Smile

Once you get them both in hand although very similar they can be told apart hopefully this can be seen in the below pictures as well as they both float in water so that test doesnt work.

New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 Madine11

New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 Madine12

New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 Madine13
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market   New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:00 pm

That's damn close though Jay.

I think the main difference is the part where the 'stick' part meets the 'head' part. It's more of a clear cut line on the original staff.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market   New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:08 pm

Capetown wrote:
That's damn close though Jay.

I think the main difference is the part where the 'stick' part meets the 'head' part. It's more of a clear cut line on the original staff.

Tell me about it i had to get an original Staff to compare it to the REPRO its actually easier to tell them apart on the blown up picks then it is in real life in your hand.

Good spot on the difference though Smile

Also the REPRO Head is a bit bigger and the circle grips on the handle are more defined on the original.

Porbably the best REPRO i have come across though.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market   New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 4:11 am

Bump-  we can't forget the 'old' fakes:

New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 23032710
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market   New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wave of REPRO's from the Netherlands that have hit the Market

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4