The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? Empty
PostSubject: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:04 pm

As the title really are there any good games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?

Jay
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 6:28 am

unsure I'm still using a PS2 Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:41 am

I don't have that many, but the ones I like are Heavenly Sword, Grid, Motostorm, and Ninja Gaiden. Assassins Creed is way to weird and complicated to me. The graphics are killer, but the controls are screwed up. You just about need 6 hands just to play it. I spent about 10 minutes on it and put it up.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:53 am

Chris_J wrote:
I don't have that many, but the ones I like are Heavenly Sword, Grid, Motostorm, and Ninja Gaiden. Assassins Creed is way to weird and complicated to me. The graphics are killer, but the controls are screwed up. You just about need 6 hands just to play it. I spent about 10 minutes on it and put it up.

Cool i have had a xbox 360 for over 3 years which i still have and love Fifa 10 is all im playing at the mo. I also completed the original Assassins Creed on the 360 and really enjoyed it.

I have the chance of picking up a PS3 cheap and was wondering what good games does the console have that i cant get on the 360?

Has anyone played Gran Turismo 5 or Gods of War i (think) they are only out on the PS3?

Jay
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:41 pm

GT5 isnt out yet, but the prologue version is pretty good. You can forget taking short cuts through the grass like you could on the others, along with bumping anyone. You'll get penalized in this one, but its still worth checking out.

Also check out Playstations web site,http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3. I usually check out whats new and when whats going to be released. I'm waiting for the GT5 and the new Final Fantasy to hit, but they are well known to be late releases. I waited 4 extra months after I pre-ordered GT4 for it to be released.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:10 am

I think i've only played GT5 Prologue of the games that are exlusive to the ps3. Ace game tho
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:03 am

My favorite games are racing, football and first person shooters like COD etc.

Last time i was playing Gran Turismos was back on the original Playstation 1 i then moved to xbox followed by xbox 360 so have been out a the Playstation loop for sometime.

I really enjoyed Forzza 2 on the 360 awesome game and the decals creation system is awesome (If anyone plays this and wants some Starwars designed cars gifting let me know).

Was Gran Turismo 4 released on the PS3?

And what is GT5 Prologue? Is it a teaser version of the game a rough copy or something?

Jay
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Quote :
Was Gran Turismo 4 released on the PS3?

It was released on the PS2 back in '05. It took over 2 years for them to perfect like its doing with GT5.

Quote :
And what is GT5 Prologue? Is it a teaser version of the game a rough copy or something?

Yhea pretty much a teaser because they know it will take forever for the regular game to be released. The graphics are awsome and the cars look better than they ever have, but its a bitch to play. Like I said before, there are no short cuts anymore. They are trying to be as realistic as possible with this one and you get penalties galore. Its still worth getting.
Forzza is the reason (along with HALO cheers ) why I got an X-Box. I seen ads for the 2nd one and it makes me want a 360, but its one of those things that has to wait.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:50 pm

We should set up an Imperial Gunnery game list and all join online to play together. Smile I know I'm always looking to get my ass kicked online by more than just my immediate buddies. Razz

To throw my .02 into the ring, I've got to vote for Resistance Fall of Man 1 & 2. Very fun games.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:32 pm

RebelChris wrote:
We should set up an Imperial Gunnery game list and all join online to play together. Smile I know I'm always looking to get my ass kicked online by more than just my immediate buddies. Razz

To throw my .02 into the ring, I've got to vote for Resistance Fall of Man 1 & 2. Very fun games.

Im up for that you dont have to pay for online with PS3 do you?
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:28 pm

No you don't Jay. Being down under the lag would probably kill any online gaming with you guys tho...
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Yeah I have to agree with you there Tim, If I play on a US server from Europe I am running on 250 ping and its unplayable..
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Damn! Really guys?

That sucks! Even if we set up our own map/server?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:44 pm

It would probably be even worse from your own server rather than a dedicated one! I know I set up a few servers from my house but after 3-4 people joined the strain was pretty bad LOL

Ping would still be the same if not worse unfortunately Sad

However it really all depends on your connection and how many jumps there are between the server and you.

Shame there isn't anything between Europe and America apart from all that water lol! Gaming island with servers housed there would be pretty cool! LOL
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Joe_O wrote:
It would probably be even worse from your own server rather than a dedicated one! I know I set up a few servers from my house but after 3-4 people joined the strain was pretty bad LOL

Ping would still be the same if not worse unfortunately Sad

However it really all depends on your connection and how many jumps there are between the server and you.

Shame there isn't anything between Europe and America apart from all that water lol! Gaming island with servers housed there would be pretty cool! LOL

Ugh! That sucks! Can you get on building that island Joe? Laughing

I'd still be down for trying it though if anyone else is. We could come up with a list of games everyone is playing and kind of go from there. COD4 would be a good one to start with.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:58 am

Err...are we talking PS3 or Xbox???

I have PS3 only....mainly playing COD4 & 6.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:27 am

I was talking for the PS3. I don't have an Xbox.

However, I don't think it would be a bad idea to do both. As I'm sure not all of us ::cough:: Joe ::cough:: have a PS3. Wink lol!
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 3:17 am

If they don't have the superior system then should we include them??? head bang

...Off to watch a bluray.... Wink
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:28 am

Tank1252 wrote:
If they don't have the superior system then should we include them??? head bang

...Off to watch a bluray.... Wink

Hahahaha too true! Smile

I guess I was just trying to be fair to everyone, even if they aren't as cool as we are! Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:18 pm

Has anyone tried playing PS2 games in their PS3 yet? I was wondering what games actually played good on it because I don't want to drag out an antique piece of hardware to play some I have.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:07 pm

Hey, steady on calling the PS2 antique, it's as up todate as I am. I am old but not antique yet Sad But if I am as old as Star wars I guess I am vintage Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Don't feel bad James, I'm up there with you. I still remember when the Atari 2600 came out and it was the hottest thing going (yes I still have one and love playing it. Laughing ). If its over 5 years old these days, its considered an antique. Just ask the Modern collectors over on RS. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:28 am

Got my PS3 for Xmas the mrs also got me Modern Warfare 2, The Darkness and The Clone Wars Republic Heroes.

Do you have to get a wireless adapter for it like the xbox 360 to go online?
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:36 am

For multiplayer you CANT beat the PC for gaming, Battlefield 2 is awesome in multiplayer, checkout some of the messing around ive been doing on my youtube channel, this is in single player (modified by me) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Qo9cfgSKQ
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:31 am

Even though I stopped playing xbox360 and ps3 a long time ago (sold em... got tired of sucky new games) the only game worth playing on the ps3 that is not on the xbox is uncharted and uncharted 2.

old school games are sooooo much better!!!!!! Long live SNES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?   What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are the best games on the PS3 that arent available on the xbox 360?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next