The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle Empty
PostSubject: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:05 am

Title says it all.
Piccies always say more tho...
Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle DSC_6412
Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle DSC_6411

Any ideas on price fellas?
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:30 am

I never knew the Shuttle came shrink wrapped Tank! If it's legit, then that's an awesome find! Smile

I would say it shouldn't be much more than a regular MISB Shuttle which seems to be in the $150-$200 area. Unless you count the two AFA ones that I found that are $895 and $1300 (neither sold for those prices though).

If it's true that the Shuttle's came shrink wrapped, then I wouldn't be ashamed to pay in the $250-$300 area if it's something you really wanted. Smile

Last edited by RebelChris on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It's early and my spelling is terrible!)
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:48 am

I've seen a couple of boxes but none where shrinkwrapped , it might be a previous owner who did that , so I don't see why the price schould increase

To say more none of the boxes star wars toys came in that I ever saw where shrinkwrapped ,
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 am

I have absolutely no expertise in this area, but surely it must be worth more than that? They don't come up often on this side of the Atlantic and when they do, they seem to go for between £100-£200 loose.

The one in that picture is absolutely immaculate, better than the last couple of AFA graded ones I've seen listed.

On Ebay US at the moment there are five buy-it-now listed MISB, ranging between $500 and $1800 (The three priciest are all AFA graded) The two that are around the $500 mark are nowhere near as nice condition as the one you're asking about. Surely even conservatively, this would put it's value north of $500? (I realise buy-it-now prices aren't a perfect gauge of value because of optimistic/greedy sellers, but equally there are plenty of people, often the wealthier ones, who don't follow auctions, so to some extent the range of fixed prices for an item at any given time, determine it's value at that time. At least to one sector of the market.) I would have guessed much higher myself, but again, I have no expertise in this area.

Ignoring the shrink wrap entirely (possibly done by a previous owner to protect the box?) and just going by the apparent condition, if someone wanted to get it AFA graded it looks as though it would score highly, maybe this would be a way to go.

Any which way, just wanted to say, it's a really cool thing to own and if it yours I'm very jealous. :Drool:
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:05 am

It looks like the tape is slit. If so, it was most likely a return to a retailer and then heat shrinked to go back on the sales floor for sale. I very common practice. I worked retail for a while and if it was a sellable return, we had the shrink machine in back and would seal it up (regardless of how it came from the factory.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:07 am

Darthberizing wrote:
It looks like the tape is slit. If so, it was most likely a return to a retailer and then heat shrinked to go back on the sales floor for sale. I very common practice. I worked retail for a while and if it was a sellable return, we had the shrink machine in back and would seal it up (regardless of how it came from the factory.

That's interesting - good observation too.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:09 am

I almost bought a MIB for $300 a few years ago so I think bob might be closer with his valuation, I always remember them being pretty expensive!

Also fooking huge- Hope you got space Tim Laughing
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 am

There has been one on Ebay for $499 or best offer thats sealed recently. Not sure if it sold.

Regardless, if that tape is slit i'll wager that boxes was 100% opened at some point.

EDIT: After looking again, the circular hole on top is the result of overheating by a drying gun (like a hairdryer). Mahcine shrink wrapping is usually very concise and evenly heated. When done by hand, you wrap around the box and then heat the shrink wrap to fit the item. If you hold the gun to long in a single place the wrap will effectively melt away and create a hole.

I am 100% confident this was a manually shrinked item and most likely opened at some point. Doesn't mean it isn't MIB, just not MISB.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:33 am

I did a quick completed listings search on ebay and only found a handful of MIB Shuttles that sold. And they were all in the price range that I stated above. Other than the two AFA (80 and 85) that I found, which again, didn't seem to sell.

I went back and did the same search again, and found that those price ranges were for opened MIB Shuttles. So maybe for a MISB version, $500 isn't out of the question, but it still seems high to me.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:20 pm

It look's like a nice imperial shuttle their.I also have never seen one shrink wraped.It's still look's good.I'd pay the mib price not misb.

It being shrink wraped also get's me thinking why shrink wrap is their something missing inside or something the seller does'nt want anyone to see inside?The tape look's slit so it's not misb.So if it were me i would like to see all the content's but it's custom wrapped?This would definitly be a dilema for me.Dan
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Tell Ben you want an aussie special price & you'll give him $300 Wink
EDIT there has been an AFA 80 for sale for $650 for a while on RS

Last edited by aussiejames on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:03 pm

It's all about condition. If this were sealed a fair price would be well north of $500. A NRFB one in this condition would be around $350. But as others have said, if you buy it like this you'll never be sure of the contents. So tell the seller to open it up.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Real interesting replies guys! Especially the reseal theory of Johns.
If that's the case, it's a real quandry for everyone involved. To open or not?
I may direct the current owner to this thread & see what he thinks.

& James.... whack
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:49 pm

I know of three shuttles for sale in a vintage shop best looking condition one in opend box box is in really nice condition an he's asking , 200 euro , so that,s def the most I would pay and I think john and chris are correct with there assumptions
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Anyone own a loose version of one these?
I have a few questions...
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Tank1252 wrote:
Anyone own a loose version of one these?
I have a few questions...
Yes- what questions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle   Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valuation Request: MISB (shrinkwrapped) Imperial Shuttle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1