The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are my AT-AT chin guns original?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
adoy
New User
New User

Are my AT-AT chin guns original? Empty
PostSubject: Are my AT-AT chin guns original?   Are my AT-AT chin guns original? I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 9:06 pm

I recently purchased several bins of 80's figures, ships, & play sets at a yard sale. Everything is clean and original. The only thing I am not sure of are the chin cannons for the AT-AT. They sink quickly in a bowl of water but they are't yellowing like you would expect. I am a reseller and I don't want to rip anyone off by selling them as original if they are reproduction. Does the fact that they sink mean they are original? Any help would be awesome. I have photos but apparently, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to attach them.
Back to top Go down
u137556
New User
New User

Are my AT-AT chin guns original? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are my AT-AT chin guns original?   Are my AT-AT chin guns original? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 2:33 pm

I’m a re-seller as well. Most all chin guns I’ve had that were real have some sort of yellowing to them and the plastic has a haziness if trying to look through the plastic. Fakes I’ve seen look too clean, don’t have yellowing, and are pretty much see through. Not sure about the sinking in water, I’ve never seen that as a test on AT-AT chin guns, just on auction figure accessories.
Back to top Go down

Are my AT-AT chin guns original?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1