The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber - Fake? Please help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matchman
New User
New User

Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber - Fake? Please help Empty
PostSubject: Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber - Fake? Please help   Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber - Fake? Please help I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 7:24 am

My first post on the forum - hello everyone Very Happy

Hope this is the right place to post this.

I just bought an Obi Wan Kenobi figure on an auction and I suspect that the saber is fake.

It wasn't easy to judge from the pictures on the auction so I checked with the seller - he claimed all the accessories were 100% genuine.

I've since received the figure and saber and it doesn't feel right or look right (using the excellent information on this site I think it could be a ReValveiT REPRO saber). It sinks in water and the transition is suspect.

What do you think (images below)? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber - Fake? Please help Dsc_0110
Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber - Fake? Please help Dsc_0111
Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber - Fake? Please help Dsc_0112
Back to top Go down
Vesuvius
New User
New User

Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber - Fake? Please help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber - Fake? Please help   Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber - Fake? Please help I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 1:30 pm

I have 2 Obi Wan Kenobi Light Sabers from 1978/79 (Completely authentic, as I played with them as a kid 40 years ago). Both float and are V1. I think your LS is a V3? I'm not too sure about the float/not float issue. But I can say that all my LS (Vader/Skywalker/Kenobi) from late 1970s-1983 do float.

If you purchased it on ebay, you have to be very careful. A seller may say it's authentic just to register the sale. So ebay (and sites similar to it) are buyer beware.

I hope this helps,
and have a good day.

Back to top Go down

Obi Wan Kenobi Light Saber - Fake? Please help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1