The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  Empty
PostSubject: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 3:33 pm

How do you spot a Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider ? I recall a thread where there was a fake one spotted but can’t find it anywhere , how can you tell for sure its a fake?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 7:25 am

Size ( thickness) and angle of top horns. I'm not linking to the last thread as it turned into a shit fight.
Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  IMG_3060

Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  Sdc12622
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 1:05 pm

Thanks Aussiejames , so just for clarification , in the pictures ... which ones are original and which ones are fake?
Back to top Go down
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bababooeyfett

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 7:55 pm

I looked at mine and it appears, as is captured in the above photo(3 Raiders), that the real hollow cheeks Raider's horns are thinner, with the two middle horns angled more to the side. The regular Raider's middle horns point more straight up, or less angled. I never knew this was a figure that was faked, but I guess if you have a hollow cheeks Raider with thick horns and the middle ones pointing more upward, it's a fake. So in the pictures above, the close up picture looks like it could possible a fake one because the horns look thick- but that may be because it is a close up. Also, in the close up picture, the middle horns look like they're more angled as a hollow cheeks Raider should be. Because of that, i think the close up picture is a real one as well.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 11:16 pm

^^ correct, both hollow cheeks pictured are real- thinner horns that are angled apart
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 2:02 am

I read the previous thread , how tragic really , and I feel the pain of markseowlichang by trying to reconcile and justify with “facts” that are not really there ... the stages of grief , first denial . But please tell if I am wrong , it was demostrared based on the comments from original owner of the same figure that it was authentic from his childhood ... so why do you guys still mention characteristics of a fake Hollow Cheeks if it seemed it indeed existed as a variant. Are you guys also in grief and thus in a a denial stage ? Sorry for bringing this issue up again but needed to understand , thanks to both !!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 4:53 am

I believe the graded one in the previous thread WAS a fake wrongly graded by UKG. "authentic from his childhood" was in regards to another example he had found on the internet. Mark unfortunately also purchased an AFA graded Luke Jedi with reproduction saber. But I caught Mark out in a lie about the DT Luke that he claimed he broke out of the AFA case, he never owned that item, the current owner proved without doubt to me that he still owned it and it was still graded and all pictures shown were his and not Mark's. I feel badly for Mark that he ended up with two graded items that were not 100% authentic but he brought unnecessary drama to this forum and lying to me ( & false accusations to innocent parties) resulted in his ban.
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 6:27 am

Thanks much for clarifying Aussiejames!
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 12:53 am

Hi again guys !! The reason I was asking about hollow cheeks is because I was planning to hopefully get one.   ... here the pictures , can send more once I receive the figure.  I communicated with the seller and mentioned I plan to authenticate the figure (which is a long process) and if for whatever reason it does not pass that I will return the figure for reimbursement.   He replied promptly mentioning absolutely , that it is his childhood figure and 100% genuine in excellent condition.  I got no reason to believe this is not true and has good feedbacks .    Here are the pictures, would appreciate your comments!  Horns look thick but angled apart like in the closeup picture , left cheek seems to have a minuscule ding.   Thanks in advance for your honest opinions!!  I been so happy to have won this figure which seems in overall very good  condition and won the auction at not so high price (relative to previous sold listings) , the three day listing was favorable, seller probably needed the cash quickly.
I really hope I don't get burn on this one , I’ve been happy of the expectation to add hollow cheeks to my collection!! Thanks much guys!! Okay here the pics

Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  86b77510
Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  97d39d10
Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  4db9ba10
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 1:07 am

Looks good to me. I removed the item number from your response. Please don't list item numbers or mention where your purchasing things unless in private pm to someone or in the watchout threads and even then it is best to add pics without auction numbers unless your certain it is a scam. In the past there have been backdoor deals where someone contacted sellers and explained things went to cheap and bought the item out from under the winner, as well as at least one major outing that drove the price of the figure (thinking it was a carded polish bootleg that JoeY ended up winning) through the roof. Some bootleg guys may have missed the auction if it hadnt been outed and it ended at a large number for the time of the sell as it was a one known piece I believe.

Congrats on the figure though. It looks legit to me.
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 8:28 am

Many Thanks trapped Texan and also for letting me know about the issues that have happened in the past, Understood!!
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 1:02 am

So here it is ... glad the seller did right and honored the sale. Happy to welcome this new member to the collection Smile). Will be sending to AFA in the next days !!

Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 1:09 am

Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  6301fe10
Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  C3c7e010
Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  00928d10
Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  Ec1c3b10
Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  C1abc010
Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  2b123010
Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  4fb0aa10Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  6301fe10
Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  C3c7e010
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Nice figure. The paint wear is common and to me these things add a special touch. I don't collect super mint because I don't care about having them that way. I played with my figures as a kid and like them to look a little played with when on display.

This is especially true of my focus which is the lili ledy line. Almost all ledy figures I have came from childhood collections and are far from mint perfect.
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Thanks trapped Texan !! I am really pleased with my hollow cheeks, his condition is not great but still a jewel. I have been reading more about his variants . My Ledy’s fron childhood some of them are a little played with but most aren’t , I liked them so much that I kept them at home and just took the same few out with friends. I am in the process of arranging my childhood collection (mostly ledys) in a new shelf display. send pictures once done Smile . Best regards ,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider    Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fake Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1