The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber) Empty
PostSubject: Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber)   Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am

Okay, I've had this saber for a couple months, and it bothers the hell out of me. It was sold as a Ledy saber, and to me the mold looks 100%, but it's the plastic that keeps bringing me back to look at it over and over. The pictures may not capture it fully, but it's pink without the translucency of the examples I've seen. To be honest, the examples have a look not unlike jelly. Mine, while translucent enough for light to pass through, looks pretty solid. Anyway, after months of going back and forth, I decided it might be best if I ask someone who has more experience. I've lined it up with a Taiwan and PBP saber to illustrate the definite mold differences

Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber) Y4mZK3o6R8I1bDN8kBltVZktEq0zLsL4VHIqjp49Dco7v3D_ZsV1IHCa-PHe6E1czL5GxGTFz2ZNyzcIFmKLBIo6yjlGzhqvELgb1ZI1zOWkxsXUhGvVzILDCnHUPyZe8ThOwQ5QcGKxjtum7XuEZHqeMTSXyBhNNaD_dTAreex6246r5pvJX39d2x_watWg5zKnMUvxPlAMX7-2JaYnnHnew?width=2948&height=2095&cropmode=none

Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber) Y4m-R8NHvS26O6lj9ZV_PhFVjmSOuiwqp3jY-4qXsA73mlQC3kImOT7UMtohdrjWQUx_eKxuRwZzyDkGcOwlm3Q3XGgXxsjj-6c3a7X-RSoTmL9K6fDBKFKUR6miQB440xwnDE3LJpR89Qk-cxIdZ5iFhPEK8wB1ToTPz53J6LiBAH4oa_2QlQYsdjewh6SFOI2vxF06Wkh4Ke3tXNS13fZ5A?width=2449&height=1748&cropmode=none

Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber) Y4mys2Z2hd_zNeaILZUGJKrJeq-eONuHlMPAzBSz1T0o5U7OWDHNQQ9OQgLK0aog0SKueD1PBjwKHkjOrxvaH861fm-gSW0kpXOf4XAp6gWVwNzHn2vy_V8eA98dyvWPInGT2uSsf8uBxIYFkCXwmiPiJ4L8pvhLIpb0l2ub9MkHgaq_cykinDMtAMCIPl80JZKkoLLZgGGtgKOGUgY8C0uew?width=1885&height=1827&cropmode=none
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber)   Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Looks fine
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber)   Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 9:56 am

Thanks, AJ. Silly, I know, but the opaque plastic concerned me.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber)   Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 10:05 am

Often the ledy sabers have what I call a waxy look to their plastic. I don't think all ledy sabers always have this look to them as I have seen some that do not. The waxy looking ones also have a common issue with the red color fading out of them leaving behind the yellowish plastic as if the dye wasn't mixed in it well or something. As for the ones that dont have that waxy look, they retain their color better. I think this saber is ok.
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber)   Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 10:26 am

Much appreciated, Bryan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber)   Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need an Expert Opinion (Ledy Saber)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1