The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original Empty
PostSubject: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:32 am

I just saw this auction and the seller states it as original. It is original to 2005 not 1977. For those wondering, the dead giveaway is, the original also has the LP logo to the right of the Kenner logo. The 2005 reissue didn't have this.

Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original FAKEEARLYBIRDCERT

Auction Description

STAR WARS
Early Bird Certificate Package

Includes:
- Colorful Display Stand with Star Wars Picture
- Star Wars Club Membership Card
and original cardboard envelope

This is an original Early Bird Certificate Package with a Star Wars Display Stand. Great for any Star Wars collector!

Please check my other auctions for more Star Wars items. Please feel free to ask any questions!
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:09 pm

Well, i didn't know that Shawn (the LP logo bit). Now i do!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 1:41 am

Tank1252 wrote:
Well, i didn't know that Shawn (the LP logo bit). Now i do!

And knowing is half the battle. lol!

Here is the pic of a real one taken from the archive. The other give away, if a seller posts high res pictures, are the mail in dates.

Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original Ebkit-front
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 6:36 pm

Nice spot Shawn, I must admit having never owned one or taken that much interest I wouldn't have known the difference, good eye!

I like the GI Joe quote as well Laughing
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:47 am

Good info! I might have to pick up one of those modern ones for display.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:24 am

Well it sold for 51$ isnt that high for this reproduction? Im sure have have seen correctly advertised ones sell for much less?

Jay
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:39 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
Well it sold for 51$ isnt that high for this reproduction? Im sure have have seen correctly advertised ones sell for much less?

Jay

Yeah I just saw that too. Someone is going to be very disappointed when they get that and see the mail in year as 2005. You can get the certificate and figures for $25 on Brianstoys.
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:34 am

no use crying after the milk has been spilled, in this case, but..
maybe we could make the effort to post a question on the ebay item page whenever something dodgy comes up?

like in this case, asking the seller "are you sure this is the original version? you can check the date here and here"
might help other potential buyers to watch out..

just a thought
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:45 am

Hyver wrote:
no use crying after the milk has been spilled, in this case, but..
maybe we could make the effort to post a question on the ebay item page whenever something dodgy comes up?

like in this case, asking the seller "are you sure this is the original version? you can check the date here and here"
might help other potential buyers to watch out..

just a thought

Shawn posted the auction when it was first listed so any users had a heads up long before the bidding started.

To be honest we have spent years emailing sellers who try selling fakes or mis-advertised items.

Some of them do the right thing and change the listing but a good majority dont give two shits about scamming someone as long as the money rolls in for them.

Before ebay decide to hide the user i.d's you could contact the winning bidder and let them know hopefully before they paid for it but unfortunately ebay ensured this is not possible anymore.

All you can do is warn the community as soon as these types of listings go so none of the lads get burned and advise the seller and hope they do the right thing.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:00 am

don't get me wrong, i think posting dodgy ebay listings here is a great thing!
and yea, i figured the link was posted at the beginning, or at least when it was still active

my point was more for future issues
and more importantly, as a way of "warning" the lads that aren't on forums like this or the others

i agree as well that ebay's policy to blank out bidders id's is not a very good thing.. makes it very easy for sellers to use a second account to raise bids, for one..

anyway, rant modus off.. getting a bit offtopic here Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:05 am

Hyver wrote:
don't get me wrong, i think posting dodgy ebay listings here is a great thing!
and yea, i figured the link was posted at the beginning, or at least when it was still active

my point was more for future issues
and more importantly, as a way of "warning" the lads that aren't on forums like this or the others

i agree as well that ebay's policy to blank out bidders id's is not a very good thing.. makes it very easy for sellers to use a second account to raise bids, for one..

anyway, rant modus off.. getting a bit offtopic here Wink

Its relaxed around here bud so i wouldn't worry about going off topic.

Your right Shill Bidding is far easier now the i.d's are hidden but then shill bidding = higher prices which = higher fee's for ebay Evil or Very Mad

Jay
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:37 am

jaymassive619 wrote:

Shawn posted the auction when it was first listed so any users had a heads up long before the bidding started.

To be honest we have spent years emailing sellers who try selling fakes or mis-advertised items.

Some of them do the right thing and change the listing but a good majority dont give two shits about scamming someone as long as the money rolls in for them.

Before ebay decide to hide the user i.d's you could contact the winning bidder and let them know hopefully before they paid for it but unfortunately ebay ensured this is not possible anymore.

All you can do is warn the community as soon as these types of listings go so none of the lads get burned and advise the seller and hope they do the right thing.

Jay

I didn't even bother emailing the seller for this reason. I think in this case they knew what they had and were trying to deceive. My main intent was to help educate some of the members here who might be interested in one of these down the line. It is on my list for next year. Smile The easiest way to spot the reissue is the lack of the LP logo like I mentioned before. No matter how crappy of a picture the seller posts you can at least check for that to know if it is a vintage or modern early bird kit. There are some other signs like the 2005 mail in date and the text on the kit also mentions a free hyperspace trial on starwars.com.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original   Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reissue Early Bird Advertised as Original

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1