The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? Empty
PostSubject: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:07 am

I and a few of the lads had watched this auction (its ended now) and were unsure if this item was genuine or not.

As its a carded Vader Bootleg maybe Joe Y will be able to help?

Here is the link and picture =
Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? Vaderf10

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180483175781&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:49 am

looks real to me Wink
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 am

I know pretty much zilch about bootlegs but if that is an original seal
i'm guessing that's a good price?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:42 am

Lee_m wrote:
I know pretty much zilch about bootlegs but if that is an original seal
i'm guessing that's a good price?

Well I was out bid by a dollar lol

I have searched and searced but come up with nothing and Chris couldn't find anything either.

I'm hoping Joe Y may know more Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 am

I'm thinking it might be real. The seller had alot of South American bootlegs for sale in the past that were legit.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:25 pm

I've been watching this seller for a while. I bought a set of theb 3po/R2 premiums that he had when he first started posting SW bootlegs, and those don't match up to the R2 from that set that I'd already had. Not to mention the fact that he has multiples and many variations on the same set that typically only came up from SA sellers once or 2x a year. Both me and Steven(Rebojazz) also found several inconsistancies in the other Fett and Vader that he had on Ebay. The ones in the Coman Boys packaging. After researching the Coman Boys line of Playmobile like figures I can safely and confidently say that the seller took figures from the Coman Boys line and put home made resin SW heads on them, and then resealed them to the cards. As for the Vader pictured above, I'd also have to say that it reeks of a custom. I'd bet that it's made from a mold of the PPL figures, (or the same mold if he's one of Pablos friends) I'd place this seller and his items in the same line as FX Master and Pablo. FAKE, FAKE, FAKE.... Avoid like the plague.

Just my .02
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:27 pm

ALSO, Steven did a search of that sellers recent purchases..... LOTS of customizing supplies, bubbles, etc...hmmmm

J
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:54 am

Joseph_Y wrote:
ALSO, Steven did a search of that sellers recent purchases..... LOTS of customizing supplies, bubbles, etc...hmmmm

J

Thats always a big red flag!

Well this guy sucks big time imo then!

He is making Bootlegs that look very authentic to the bootleg style even little things like card damage stapled bubble etc but they never actually existed so when interested buyers see them they can't find any info anywhere and potentially assume that the are rare / real.

I know a lot of people including myself were fooled by them.

I hope this guys actions can be exposed as he is the worst type of fake peddler and clearly knows what he is doing!

Jay
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 8:45 am

Joseph_Y wrote:

J

That's a big accusation. Maybe he sells authentic Star Wars bootlegs and customizes M.A.S.K. figures. tongue lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:03 am

So those Jaks premiums were fake too? I was wanting to pick them up from them, glad I didn't now.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:13 pm

I also wanted that Vader, but I pm'd JohnA who advised me to stay away. I would've paid $25 because it looked cool for a custom, but I was also disappointed it wasn't legit. Thanks JoeY for the info because I was lost on the origins of that thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?   Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carded Vader Bootleg Real or Fake?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1