The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questionable Dt Luke afa 85

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Empty
PostSubject: Questionable Dt Luke afa 85   Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi everyone, I posted this in the vintage Star Wars section and have collected enough opinion to believe that this is a fake figure or damaged figure in a fake afa casing. Was about to buy this figure. Here are the worrying signs: 1) two punched holes though lukes knee, 2) paint over damage on right foot, 3) inner and outer saber having different Colour, 4) glossy pants 5) messy paintwork below tunic. Can this ever get an 85 grading? I have checked the serial number and it says good, but it could be taken off a real serial number , and copied. Could this be a fake afa case and duplicate serial number?Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0544
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0546
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0545
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0541
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0542
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0543
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0549
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0548
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0547
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Dt Luke afa 85   Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm not an expert but I think I would have passed on this one, especially because they sell for major coin. Hard to imagine this specimen earning an AFA 85 grade.
Back to top Go down
jt1969
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Dt Luke afa 85   Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 2:13 am

markseowlichang wrote:
Hi everyone, I posted this in the vintage Star Wars section and have collected enough opinion to believe that this is a fake figure or damaged figure in a fake afa casing. Was about to buy this figure. Here are the worrying signs: 1) two punched holes though lukes knee, 2) paint over damage on right foot, 3) inner and outer saber having different Colour, 4) glossy pants 5) messy paintwork below tunic. Can this ever get an 85 grading? I have checked the serial number and it says good, but it could be taken off a real serial number , and copied. Could this be a fake afa case and duplicate serial number?Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0544
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0546
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0545
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0541
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0542
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0543
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0549
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0548
Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 Img_0547

VERY strange is this not the same Luke on ebay right now?????? The mark on the left knee looks the same???
Also maybe they removed the paint from the right foot????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-LOT-Early-Bird-Stand-DT-Luke-Leia-RARE-Orig-Weapons-1977/312113931575?hash=item48ab70a537:g:GDkAAOSw3Bla15cV

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Dt Luke afa 85   Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Doubt it is the same Luke. In fact there ended up being no reason to suspect this Luke as fake. The author of this thread was banned due to claiming he purchased this figure (as well as some others) and destroyed them due to them being "fake" when the rightful owners then contacted the admin here and proved they still owned said pieces. That among other things lead to his banning.
Back to top Go down
jt1969
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Dt Luke afa 85   Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 8:15 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Doubt it is the same Luke. In fact there ended up being no reason to suspect this Luke as fake. The author of this thread was banned due to claiming he purchased this figure (as well as some others) and destroyed them due to them being "fake" when the rightful owners then contacted the admin here and proved they still owned said pieces. That among other things lead to his banning.

Wow ok.... LOL Thanks :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Dt Luke afa 85   Questionable Dt Luke afa 85 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questionable Dt Luke afa 85

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1