The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? Empty
PostSubject: Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?   Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 6:24 am

I just got two Bespin Guards in the mail and they are very different.

The darker one is COO 1
The lighter one is COO 2

As the only other one I have is a No COO, I was wondering if this is normal or a discoloration thing?

Also, curiously, the COO 1 has a different right hand. Again wondering if this is normal or just a short pour?

Over to you SW geniuses unsure

Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? 116kg1w
Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? 5l6k34
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?    Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 8:51 am

Hey Chopper,

I just checked mine and I have the same thing as you... One with lighter skin and different eye paint applications... I can get you a pic later when I get back... Still need to take a closer look at the hands...
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?   Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 12:54 pm

The color difference is common and is the way they were from factory as far as I know. The hand issue is different. that looks to be a short shot to me.

Glad to see you posting also. Always liked seeing your fishing pics if you have more to add down there. Some legendary fishing trips you have been on that I will likely never get to do in person.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?   Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 pm

Hello,

As promised here are my comparison photos of the Bespin Security Guard Version 2... I am no expert when it comes to this figure, so I am not sure what is going on with the hands, or what a short shot means?

Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? Bespin13

Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? Bespin12

Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? Bespin10

Does anyone else think that the one on the right in the first photo looks freaked out or scared??
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?   Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 10:35 pm

Machinegunn wrote:
Hello,
I am no expert when it comes to this figure, so I am not sure what is going on with the hands, or what a short shot means?

Does anyone else think that the one on the right in the first photo looks freaked out or scared??

Perfect learning/info sharing opportunity. A short shot is basically what occurs when there wasn't enough plastic injected into a mold to fully fill the cavity. This presents in items not fully forming thus lack of details in some area/part of the figure. I have seen everything from limbs being deformed to coo marking not being present. Probably the most common thing I have seen is one leg having a club foot or being shorter than the other. Usually the spots missing plastic will be the furthest spot from the sprue/injector pin mark. This is not always the case as there is no hard 100% always true rule in any of the world of toy collecting, but it is generally correct.

Second thing with that figure looking to the left the way he is in that pic, yes he looks frightened. Don't scare your toys man. lol!
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?   Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 10:08 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Machinegunn wrote:
Hello,
I am no expert when it comes to this figure, so I am not sure what is going on with the hands, or what a short shot means?

Perfect learning/info sharing opportunity. A short shot is basically what occurs when there wasn't enough plastic injected into a mold to fully fill the cavity. This presents in items not fully forming thus lack of details in some area/part of the figure. I have seen everything from limbs being deformed to coo marking not being present. Probably the most common thing I have seen is one leg having a club foot or being shorter than the other. Usually the spots missing plastic will be the furthest spot from the sprue/injector pin mark. This is not always the case as there is no hard 100% always true rule in any of the world of toy collecting, but it is generally correct.

Second thing with that figure looking to the left the way he is in that pic, yes he looks frightened. Don't scare your toys man. lol!

Bryan, thanks for the info regarding short shots, I had no idea... I also think it would make a great photo gallery thread/topic, just pictures of short shots. I would start it myself, but I do not think I have any examples in my possession...

As far as scaring my figures go, lol, I think he came with the permanent "I'm crapping myself look", I wonder what could have happened to him....
Speaking of scary things, did you notice how the paint wear on his face makes it look like he has been eating Smurfs all day? Now that's frightening, lol!
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?   Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 1:38 am

The hands look remarkably the same, are we still thinking short pour?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?   Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Chopper wrote:

I am thinking that yes. I put together your pic and danny's pics so they are all one one spot to see. you can see the differences in the hands as I drew red circles next to them to sow the amount of open or closed that they appear to me. I also indicated the main area to look at by a blue arrow. The fingers don't appear detailed on yours and appear shorter to me. If they are shorter or lacking detail then that would indicate a short shot to me. granted your pic is darker but the lack of curvature and length of fingers itself appears to be shorter.  

Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?   Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 8:10 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Chopper wrote:

I am thinking that yes. I put together your pic and danny's pics so they are all one one spot to see. you can see the differences in the hands as I drew red circles next to them to sow the amount of open or closed that they appear to me. I also indicated the main area to look at by a blue arrow. The fingers don't appear detailed on yours and appear shorter to me. If they are shorter or lacking detail then that would indicate a short shot to me. granted your pic is darker but the lack of curvature and length of fingers itself appears to be shorter.  

Damn Bryan, thats one hell of an education you just gave me...

Did not realize the subtlety needed to identify some of this stuff... I guess I must have lazy eyes man, lol! Thanks for setting up all the graphics!

Chopper, can't wait until you get your display all set up!

Have a good night gentlemen, and a happy friday tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?   Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bespin Guard - Curious or Normal?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1