The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TIG - Errors and Corrections

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

TIG - Errors and Corrections Empty
PostSubject: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 2:14 am

Speaking with fellow collectors it has been noticed there are some errors in either the guides or replies, if you see anything that is incorrect then do please get in touch with one of the staff via PM or in Live Chat, this site basically is one massive community project and we would rather everything was 100% correct to aid fellow collectors than have mistakes here and there, we do not profess to be experts but we do strive for perfection, with your help this is achievable, do feel free to join in as it is in all our interests to have the correct information at hand, dont worry - we wont be offended and will take any criticism, complaint, error etc onboard.

We share because we care Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:25 am

Ill second this the guides are been built for the benefit of everyone and are the collaborative effort of many members of the site (list to long to name everyone).

A lot of extensive research goes into to each part of the guide to try and ensure the information is 100% correct but some of the information is notoriously difficult to track down / work out so if anybody can help out in anyway no matter how small even if its to say :where it says xxx is inaccurate then please feel free to chip in Smile

I said from day one when i built the original Repro and Original Weapon Variant Site that i wanted to put all the content out there for everyone to access at no cost and that principle hasnt changed Smile

Echoing what Rob said this is a Vintage Collector community who are trying to work together to expand the resources for the vintage community if you can help in anyway then we welcome it with open arms.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:58 am

jay,rob,james,chris,joe,wolff,jason,.geez so many names and a lot of other people have done a great job with this site also.it's more informative than any other site and the people here have great attitudes and are laid back,which is really important to people.everyone help's each other out with friendly info.this site has a comfortable vibe about it.people feel free to speak without contention and with out the hassle bullshit that happens elsewhere.guy's i luv the site your all doin a great job my hat's off to ya.best dam site period.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:29 am

I have a little correction:

LL guide Luke Jedi - the correct coo stamp is "Made in Hong Kong" not just "Hong Kong"

There is also a Kenner Made in Hong Kong version and the only difference I'm aware of is the color of the eyes etc. So the comparision picture could be changed also...

Otherwise I like the "picture pop up" feature! Very Happy

Uli
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:02 am

Thanks for that Uli, well have it corrected as soon as possible Smile

Has anyone got a photo of the Kenner Luke Jedi Uli is talking about?
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:59 am

The Admiral wrote:
Thanks for that Uli, well have it corrected as soon as possible Smile

Has anyone got a photo of the Kenner Luke Jedi Uli is talking about?

Luke Jedi is fixed and updated! Smile

Thanks Uli and Rob!

When you get some photos Uli, let us know and we'll get them added up there.

To echo what others have said, this site is about the community and helping each other out. There's a bunch of great guys here that are very easy to talk to and very easy to approach. If anyone notices anything out of place, or some mis-information, please don't hesitate to raise a hand. We are all still very much learning, and new information is being discovered frequently.
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:03 pm

What pictures do you need?

Uli
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:11 pm

I've got a Made In Hong Kong Kenner. Here's an older picture. If you need me to take some for the guide just let me know what shots you need.

TIG - Errors and Corrections Main.php?g2_view=core
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:17 pm

A close up of the face/eyes so we can see the colour difference would be great Smile
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi people,

As already mentioned, both the Kenner and LL Luke Jedis have the "one line on the tunic sculpt" and "Made in Hong Kong" stamped on the boot. The LL has darker eye/eyebrows almost black in appearance. Here's a quick close up that I have on file. I try and get a better shot of the two side by side asap. Unless anyone else has one handy?

TIG - Errors and Corrections Compar13
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:05 pm

TIG - Errors and Corrections Luke_j10

TIG - Errors and Corrections Luke_j11

TIG - Errors and Corrections Luke_j12

TIG - Errors and Corrections Luke_j13

TIG - Errors and Corrections Luke_j14
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Nice Pics Dude!

I noticed that one Kenner has a lower COO stamp so thanks for sharing as I wasn't aware of this variation!

I have two on cards which show different hair colours. One has a more Olive colour hair than the other. Is hair (head plastic) colour a give-away for the COO stamp? I mean: Would one head colour have a "MIHK" stamp higher up the leg and the other have a "MIHK" stamp lower down the leg?

TIG - Errors and Corrections Mihk_l10

Last edited by Craig T on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:51 pm

sweet,nice work guy's.it's starting to comg along now.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:56 pm

here are pic's of my LL luke jedi.Dan.

TIG - Errors and Corrections Lili_l24
TIG - Errors and Corrections Lili_l25
TIG - Errors and Corrections Lili_l26
TIG - Errors and Corrections Lili_l27
TIG - Errors and Corrections Lili_l28
TIG - Errors and Corrections Lili_l29

Last edited by vintageSWfan on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:19 pm

We dont need the Ledy Luke Dan (also that pic is way too wide m8, can you remove it?

The 2 Kenner and Ledy pix Uli posted will do
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Nice pictures Uli. You beat me to it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:49 am

Very Happy

@Admiral: Dan's LL Luke Jedi pictures are cool - you can see that the LL Luke Jedi also exists with the second MIHK coo. Imo this is some kind of info no other LL guide has (so far).

@CraigT: Imo one of your carded Lukes is a Taiwan figure while the other is a HK figure.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:30 am

ok,i made pic's smaller rob. Uli think's i have a second variant style Luke.
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:14 am

Pst!! Not a second variant! Just a second version of the LL variant Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:04 am

fk i need an enema.ok what Uli said it's a second version of the LL variant.i'm trying not to take away from rob's thunder but he has showed me something LL luke jedi too that is different and i don't think any one else has seen either,but rob will wow everyone with it when he's ready.i'm going to drink some crab juice, i'm backed up. lol! lol! lol! Dan.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 am

Idefix13 wrote:
Very Happy

@CraigT: Imo one of your carded Lukes is a Taiwan figure while the other is a HK figure.

Hi Uli,

No sorry they are both MOC "Made in Hong Kong" variations dude with the HT factory mark. Neither is a Tawain figure - though I appreciate why you might think so.

I wanted to make this clear if we are going to list all the Kenner/LL varaitions of the same figure sculpt. The fact that they are both sealed on a genuine "Made in Hong Kong" card is good enough for me to stand by that. Of course, I am not going to rip them them open to see if both have the "Made in Hong Kong" COO stamp but I am 100% they will. Both have a similar painted features. The eyes and brow have been painted on "with a thinner brush" than the Taiwan varaints. It just the plastic the head is molded in that is different.

TIG - Errors and Corrections Ht_lj_11, TIG - Errors and Corrections Ht_lj_10, TIG - Errors and Corrections Mihk_l10
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:15 am

Lol Dan, no biggy m8 its just a cape variant Smile

Uli - is Dans another LL variant that differs to the guide figure? If so then that will need added too.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:26 am

it makes me all tingly inside knowing i have something special LL.that's why i post pic's of the stuff i have to see what it is.i hope i have some more gem's hiding away.time will tell.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:27 am

@Admiral: imo Dan's figure is no new variant. I only think it could be pretty interesting to show the two different MIHK coos in the LL guide and tell everyone that you can find the Kenner and the LL figure with both coos.

@CraigT: A MIHK MOC Luke could contain a no coo Luke, HK Luke, MIHK Luke (imo). I also can imagine that a Taiwan Luke slipped on a MIHK card... I guess the best way to tell what coo variant figure is inside is to put loose figures next to him and compare the paintings (etc.) of the loose figure to the carded one. The carded figure should have the coo of the loose figure that matches the best.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:29 am

can someone get my pic's of ll luke jedi large but in a row as to not make the thread wide.when i do it it get's to wide.i kinda need help.maby one of the mod's can give me a hand here.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIG - Errors and Corrections   TIG - Errors and Corrections I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG - Errors and Corrections

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next