The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VC Jawa - Original or Fake?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Empty
PostSubject: VC Jawa - Original or Fake?   VC Jawa - Original or Fake? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 9:47 am

Hey Guys! I could do with a second opinion here from those with more knowledge than I.

I'm trying to determine if this is original or fake. There seems to be a lot of info around but it's hard to find a simple, concise and consistent set of things to look for - hence I'm reaching out to you all.

Sorry about the mass of images but it's hard to get good color reproduction depending on the backgrounds etc... also when you upload to this site the color vibrancy increases significantly, so the cape is not nearly as red as it appears. I tried a few image hosting sites and they all change the image vibrancy from the pic I have locally on my computer - you'll just have to use your imagination ;-)

My observations (but I am a complete newbie when it comes to this figure):
1) BAD - coo looks incorrect for the VC jawa (from what other sites say)
2) GOOD - has hatching pattern inside the cape (outside where the hood is overturned)
3) BAD - color is not as close to the jawa brown as it might be, and when compared with Ben Kenobi cape (last image) its quite similar
4) GOOD - arm holes look ok to me, small & tight around arms, one has split very slightly
5) GOOD - distance between arm holes makes the cape tight across the figures back
6) GOOD - the edges of the cape are very well cut (maybe die cut?) there are no straight lines (like scissors would cause) or crushing of the vinyl material, its very neatly edged & smooth. This makes me think it was either die cut or it is original?

Anyone with experience with VC Jawa's or has original ones to share/compare, please chip-in with any observations, opinions

VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Fullsi29
VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Fullsi27
VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Fullsi32
VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Fullsi28
VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Fullsi31
VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Fullsi33
VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Fullsi30
VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Fullsi36
VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Fullsi35
VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Fullsi34
VC Jawa - Original or Fake? Fullsi37
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: VC Jawa - Original or Fake?   VC Jawa - Original or Fake? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 6:38 pm

its the wrong coo on the figure , the hong kong should be lower
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: VC Jawa - Original or Fake?   VC Jawa - Original or Fake? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 9:19 pm

My opinion is its not legit. The cape is to dark and looks to me to be an obi wan cape that's been customized. The coo looks incorrect also.
Back to top Go down
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

PostSubject: Re: VC Jawa - Original or Fake?   VC Jawa - Original or Fake? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:47 pm

thanks for your input guys, you've confirmed my thoughts... I knew the coo was wrong but I did wonder if the figure was swapped out but the cape was either ok, or a Toltoys perhaps? but I think it's too dark for a US VC Jawa and Toltoys was even darker than this one, so yes I agree I think its a very well cut Kenobi cape. It came from an estate sale apparently, so it's real origin has been lost.

Sad Gutted... my hunt for the holy grail continues...

Thanks again guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VC Jawa - Original or Fake?   VC Jawa - Original or Fake? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VC Jawa - Original or Fake?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1