The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cantinapatron
New User
New User
Cantinapatron

Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with? Empty
PostSubject: Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with?   Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Good day to everyone! Hope everyone's doing fine! cheers So I'm about to purchase a non graded Lando Pilot carded figure from someone, a look off the bat and you'd say this is original. Here's the picture.Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with? Img_2911
However, after closer inspection I realised something a little odd, the 'waffle' seems to be an inch smaller with this particular carded figure compared to the many others that I've checked with.
Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with? Img_2912
If you could look closely, the one I'm purchasing on the left under tab 'carousell', the seal cuts down before the 'e' of the 'power', barely touches the 'S' of the 'special' and doesn't touch the 'C' of the 'collectors', whereas most and almost all other same type lando carded figure that I've searched for shows similar to the packaging on the right where the seal cuts right after the 'e' of the 'power' and passes the 's' and 'c' respectively.

Here is a closer look.
Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with? Img_2915

Compared to the others,

Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with? Img_3010

I'm still new to vintage carded figures, hence I'm really curious to know if it's been tampered with? I know different figures have different bubble sizes and such but I'm not sure about same type Card back with different 'bubble size' -as you may call it. Again, any help would be very very much appreciated as always with the helpful lads in this forum.

Cheers
Adrian
Back to top Go down
Cantinapatron
New User
New User
Cantinapatron

PostSubject: Re: Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with?   Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with?   Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 9:01 am

I can see your concerns- I think the bubble is actually the same just that the bubble seal area of the bubble is just a bit narrower - I would put that down to it being at the end of the plastic sheet and ending up a bit thinner. Hence the actual sealed strip being at the edge of the bubble of yours but is usually just in from the edge of other examples ie. that sealed strip IS in the same spot as it should be with a fixed sized machine seal. Hope that made sense?
Back to top Go down
Cantinapatron
New User
New User
Cantinapatron

PostSubject: Re: Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with?   Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 5:54 pm

Thanks for the reply my Friend, really helpful insights. I appreciate it very much. Cheers. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with?   Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lando Pilot carded, bubble tampered with?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1