The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My newest autographs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

My newest autographs Empty
PostSubject: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 5:01 pm

As most know I do collect autographed items I was lucky enough to get these two this month one is of Gerald Home who played Squidhead and of course the beautiful Carrie Fisher the first I got from a friend in the garrison who was given a few to hand out to us lucky buggers, and the one of Carrie I just picked up from a collector in the city he has a few others I will grab later.

My newest autographs 2016-120
My newest autographs 2016-119
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 2:24 am

Really nice pick ups. Do you display all of your autographs?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 10:49 am

Even better that the squid head one is on a 501st card. Both are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 11:46 am

darthmatt22 wrote:
Really nice pick ups. Do you display all of your autographs?

Thanks guys, I need to get some more frames but yes I do display them, I have a combo of signed helmets and photos.

This is just a few other items I have.

s321.photobucket.com/user/arohk_2008/library/AUTOGRAPHED%20STAR%20WARS?sort=3&page=1
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 12:42 pm

arohk wrote:

Thanks guys, I need to get some more frames but yes I do display them, I have a combo of signed helmets and photos.

s321.photobucket.com/user/arohk_2008/library/AUTOGRAPHED%20STAR%20WARS?sort=3&page=1

Of course it's two of the best characters out there and the man himself! Angry SW

Those you have to display!

PS - On the Fett helm, did he sign on the scarred part purposely?
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 1:43 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
arohk wrote:

Of course it's two of the best characters out there and the man himself! Angry SW

Those you have to display!

PS - On the Fett helm, did he sign on the scarred part purposely?

Not sure if he did I was lucky enough to get the two helmets in a trade with a store owner and now friend here in the city. Both were from a collector I never met.

Larry
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 10:26 pm

That's a nice trade!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:32 pm

I don't mean to be rain on your parade, but the Fisher is a common preprint that was given out back in the day.

My newest autographs Screen11

https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/14/64/67/33/screen10.jpg

Here are a few of the common ones that were out there.  These are courtesy of the autograph collecting forums on Rebelscum.

Take notice of the one in the middle of bottom row.  Literally impossible to produce 2 exactly the same autographs... unless they are copies.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 4:03 pm

coachk28 wrote:
I don't mean to be rain on your parade, but the Fisher is a common preprint that was given out back in the day.

My newest autographs Screen11

https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/14/64/67/33/screen10.jpg

Here are a few of the common ones that were out there.  These are courtesy of the autograph collecting forums on Rebelscum.

Take notice of the one in the middle of bottom row.  Literally impossible to produce 2 exactly the same autographs... unless they are copies.

I know they were part of a auction for a wildlife group in the US. I dont remember the name of it but the guy I got it from has the paperqork for the others like Elvira and a bunch of others.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 5:04 pm

Unfortunately that means whoever auctioned them didn't know what they had either.

Even Kevin Smith fell victim.

Let me guess, your Leia photo is also a 5x7?

These were all sent in the mail in response to autograph requests.

My newest autographs Screen12
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 1:14 am

It's not uncommon to have a large amount of signed photos that celebrities do, most online shops that sell them get large amounts done if not they would loose money. Think about any comicon they have stakes of photos for you to buy the only time you won't is having something you personally brought there. About 60% of autographed photos you will see everywhere online.

I have 3 helmets myself that were all signed by David Prowse and if I did a search I would fine a large number as well.same as all the other photos I have the only difference is my two main helmets are numbered with paperwork indicating how many were done.

Most who send things to studios as well to get signed are useally signed by a staff member not the celebrity.

For me its a great photo of her I paid little for it and don't plan on selling any of my collection. People who think selling Star Wars stuff will net them large amounts of money should instead just put that in the bank as you will not make much for the pieces in a collection.

For me if I see it and like it and it's in my amount I set aside for collection stuff then I buy it but I never started collecting to make huge profits I got into collecting because I enjoy it. I have lots of silver coins for investment if I want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My newest autographs   My newest autographs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My newest autographs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1