The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's your top 3 "other" items

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

What's your top 3 "other" items Empty
PostSubject: What's your top 3 "other" items   What's your top 3 "other" items I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 3:06 pm

Outside of toys , do you collect other things or just have other stuff you like? I'm just curious how outside of the toys we go. Movie stuff, Props, Stamps, tools, signs?

Here are mine, what do you have?

1) Signed Muhammand Ali photo (it's 36 x 24). Besides being the famous "phantom punch" what's cool is this was actually a gift from a customer of mine. I'd always admired it and one day he called me for a meeting. After the meeting, he gave this to me as a thank you!

What's your top 3 "other" items Ali10

2) Life sized Tom Servo from MST3K - It functions, can swivel it's head and mouth opens!!

What's your top 3 "other" items Tomser10

3) I also collect currency! Here's a $500 / $1000 bills which are not in circulation anymore. Always thought this was the most badass thing to pull out of your wallet. They are still legal currency, so at worst they're worth face value

What's your top 3 "other" items 20160612
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: What's your top 3 "other" items   What's your top 3 "other" items I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Outside of Star Wars and Doctor Who toys ... the only non toy I collect (I'd love to say it was something cool like meteorites, fossils, movie star autographs or sporting memorabilia - but it's not) is Rupert Bear annuals Razz

Rupert was first published (in annual format) in 1935 and there has been an issue printed since then every year.
Here is my small collection. The further back you go the more expensive and rare they become.
My oldest one is 1957 - so still have a long way to go.

What's your top 3 "other" items Rupert10

What's your top 3 "other" items Annual10

What's your top 3 "other" items Annual11
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: What's your top 3 "other" items   What's your top 3 "other" items I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 11:54 pm

Some awesome pieces guys Smile. I had to think about this for a bit trying to come up with 3 fav items from my other collections is not easy.

I have a few different things I collect from edged weapons, chess sets, NASA/Space related items, BSG and odds and ends stuff so picking only 3 was not easy at all. But i did finally settle for these.

1st is my Katana sword this is one I had made and picked all the parts out myself it's a folded carbon steel blade with a rayskin wrapped handle with a dragon cross guard the inskiption on the blade is my family motto in gaelic meaning "Touch not the cat bot a glove"  which basically means other clans should think twice before interfering with our clan business Smile.
What's your top 3 "other" items DSC00015_zpsrdlzp5q5
What's your top 3 "other" items IMG_0003_zpsw8ljxqaz
What's your top 3 "other" items IMG_0002_zpslh5gptip
What's your top 3 "other" items DSC00019_zpspmterjnl

2nd would be my Franklin Mint Enterprise this was the first major item I bought as you can see there is lots of detail with this thing including the shuttle in the landing bay.
What's your top 3 "other" items DSC00014_zpsikzrz82p
What's your top 3 "other" items DSC00010_zps9pxjkpio
What's your top 3 "other" items DSC00008_zpsgurrkxuq
What's your top 3 "other" items DSC00007_zpsrdwjoe8u

And last my Egyption chess set this one I got from my friend it's very well made and all metal pieces it was a toss up between this and my Incan one.

What's your top 3 "other" items IMG_0006_zpse7w4qy4y
What's your top 3 "other" items IMG_0007_zpsdbf7l9dn
What's your top 3 "other" items IMG_0018_zpsd7yppk9p

Come on guys lets see your other goodies you have Smile
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: What's your top 3 "other" items   What's your top 3 "other" items I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 3:19 am

I have nothing but dreams. This is unfortunately almost true.  lol!

I’m the kind of person who likes trawling through boxes in markets so I’ve ended up with a large number of things over the years. I never spend much (always less than £5) and only buy things based on how curious they are or if I think they are beautiful.

I’ve had a number of collections other than Star Wars but not many have persisted. I go through periods of loving something then not loving them so much, I guess I’m quite fickle.

Some collections have lasted though the main one being Maltese art glass (first pic). I have to say a lot of art glass is pretty offensive to look at but I try to be selective with the pieces I buy. I’ve recently downsized but still have around 200 items.
What's your top 3 "other" items Glass10

My second collection is British Silver Proof coins. Sadly these are no more as I had to sell the lot a few years ago through necessity but it’s something I would collect again if I get the chance.  Sad Consisting of mainly single coins I also had a near complete run of year sets.
What's your top 3 "other" items Coins10

Lastly I just wanted to show the eclectic nature of my collecting with a few random items.
We have:
1) Indian silver pounce pots, these are sometimes described as pepper pots.
2) Studio (hand thrown) British pottery, I like this for its simplicity and beauty.
3) A carved Buddhist triptych, which I donated to a restaurant in London.
4) A wooden barrel made from the teak of HMS Queen Elizabeth, Britain’s flagship during the battle of the Dardanelles in 1915.
What's your top 3 "other" items Everyt10
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: What's your top 3 "other" items   What's your top 3 "other" items I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Great stuff guys - Love the diversity of everything!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: What's your top 3 "other" items   What's your top 3 "other" items I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 9:57 am

I collect college championship football rings from my alma mater. I don't go for all the bowl rings; just SEC titles and national championships. I almost have them all. Just need '93 and '00. I recently got the '94 I needed but haven't placed it in the case yet.
 photo IMG_2676.jpg
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: What's your top 3 "other" items   What's your top 3 "other" items I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Many interesting and diverse items here. I sometimes used to see Maltese glass for sale at charity shops and boot sales. Some of it was very unusual. I like the studio British pottery and agree it has a simple beauty and charm. I still have some depression era glassware items packed away from a collection I started some years back but haven't added to since.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: What's your top 3 "other" items   What's your top 3 "other" items I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 11:12 am

Why is it called British pottery? Just curious as I have seen things similar to the piece Roger showed that I was told they originated in the US. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: What's your top 3 "other" items   What's your top 3 "other" items I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 1:38 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Why is it called British pottery?  Just curious as I have seen things similar to the piece Roger showed that I was told they originated in the US.  :scratch:

It should just be Studio Pottery but I tend to collect just the British examples although I do have a couple of American pieces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your top 3 "other" items   What's your top 3 "other" items I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your top 3 "other" items

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1