The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question of the Week: Playset Creation!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Question of the Week: Playset Creation! Empty
PostSubject: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 10:43 am

April 6, 2016 - Question of the Week: The Playsets That Could Have Been!

If you could design ONE playset that has never been released by Kenner, what would it be and what kind of awesome features would it have?!

Question of the Week: Playset Creation! Bespin10

Last edited by darthmatt22 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 10:53 am

Stormie Smiley
This is gonna take some work!!! affraid

Excellent question DM!! Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 9:52 am

Jabbas palace. With rancor crushing door, dungeon area, droid room, and a thawing carbonite solo.
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 10:16 am

Tatooine homestead with exclusive Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru figures and 2 charred Lars figures, realistic flame thrower attachments for stormtroopers and sachets of food colouring (later found to be toxic) for authentic blue milk. The perfect place to park a landspeeder and would fit well with the Land of the Jawas. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 10:30 am

I'm going with Tusken Raider Playset that includes a Bantha! Laughing

Question of the Week: Playset Creation! Tuskan10

Two (maybe three?) huts with extra pieces like water jugs and fruit baskets out front. Other aspects that reflect that nomadic lifestyle such as stones and wood bundles for building.

I'd hang their weaponry on the side of the huts and the entrance to the huts would be made of cloth (because all cloth/ leather would be way too costly for Kenner Crying or Very sad).

There would be a center campfire and maybe a trough and water for the Bantha. lol!

I'm sure @hellhippie is going to jump on this idea Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 4:27 pm

Hmmmm any playset and kenner will make it... thinking something like this...

Question of the Week: Playset Creation! Hoth-110

The womans day hoth rebel playset...totally awesome. I would have a removable roof (so it had a proper hanger look) and the shutter doors to the hanger would be at the front of the set.

Inside would have a control centre at the back (like the pic) and on the left side I would have a tuan tuan stable instead of corridor and the rest for an x-wing- accessories ladder for x- wing, white ice blocks (plastic) for collapsable wall, a hoist for lifting R2.

Extra feature I would add, you can take take the tuan stable wall out and then fit the falcon in the choice would be yours--- x wing and tuans or falcon awesome
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 5:04 pm

I'd have to say a vintage bantha, those poor tuskens had to walk everywhere Sad

Question of the Week: Playset Creation! 551412e7cac97b7eb3d03d93bfc8628b
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 3:16 am

There are some modern playsets that would have been great vintage items- Bacta chamber/tank, Sarlacc pit..
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 9:36 pm

Sarlacc Pit.. :Drool:

How did I not think of that! That'd be sweet. Imagine the replay value! Poor ol' Boba.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 6:13 am

Some excellent choices here!
I'd go for an Endor Chase set which would include two speeder bikes in baggies and four baggied figures - Luke and Leia poncho, a Biker Scout and Paploo (the Ewok in the stolen speeder bike scene). The playset base would be made of plastic modules to clip together to keep the box size compact at point of sale. It would include clip-on trees and Ewok hiding places and traps, as well as a deflector shield generator. The set would be marketed alongside the Ewok village and existing Empire vehicles like the Speeder Bike and AT-ST to create the ultimate Endor experience.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 11:33 pm

This is a good one and will require some thought so I will let you know asap Smile
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:40 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Some excellent choices here!
I'd go for an Endor Chase set which would include two speeder bikes in baggies and four baggied figures - Luke and Leia poncho, a Biker Scout and Paploo (the Ewok in the stolen speeder bike scene). The playset base would be made of plastic modules to clip together to keep the box size compact at point of sale. It would include clip-on trees and Ewok hiding places and traps, as well as a deflector shield generator. The set would be marketed alongside the Ewok village and existing Empire vehicles like the Speeder Bike and AT-ST to create the ultimate Endor experience.

bow
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Leia's changing room in Jabba's palace Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 12:19 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:

This was an option? Shocked
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 12:21 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:

This was an option?  Shocked  

You know Bib Fortuna had a two way mirror installed ..........................

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 1:31 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
trappedtexan wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:

This was an option?  Shocked  

You know Bib Fortuna had a two way mirror installed ..........................

Stop now, it's not fair........i cannot think straight the images........... :Drool: :Drool: :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week: Playset Creation!   Question of the Week: Playset Creation! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question of the Week: Playset Creation!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1