The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SithlordWS6
New User
New User

Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? Empty
PostSubject: Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro??   Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 7:30 pm

Hello,
I've checked the TIG Lili Ledy guide and several other LL Jawa threads and still can't tell about the Jawa on the left.  The one on the right I bought from Jordan (ToyHunter) a couple of years ago and I am 99.99% sure its good.

The one on the left I just recently bought along with several other LL items.  All of the other items were good and this was the only questionable one.  As you can see the hem is a higher and the stitching closer together than the one on the right.  Also, it looks like the cape on the left is a little bigger than the one on the right.

The removable hoods look nearly identical, the one on the right just has some loosening of the threads in front.

It should also be noted that the figure on the left is the dull eye color version while the one on the right is the brighter color.  Did these different versions come with slightly different capes like Han Trenchcoat?

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris  

Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? <a href=Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? LL%20Jawa1_zpso4mxqisc" />

Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? <a href=Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? LL%20jawa2_zpsokja11ym" />
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro??   Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 8:56 pm

I have never seen one with stitching like this.  I know some reproductions for Ledy stuff have been hitting the market lately.  See the following for a TIG report on them.

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/lililedyrepros.htm

Given what I see I would guess it is a reproduction, but let's see what other may have to say.

I don't think the figure itself is fake, but finding a naked Ledy jawa is easy enough.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro??   Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 11:38 pm

I'm sure you have but check here Chris: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1075338-10/
ps. welcome to TIG ( thought you were a member already unsure )
Back to top Go down
SithlordWS6
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro??   Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 11:25 am

Hey James, yeah, I thought I had a profile already too, but didn't work when I tried my usual log in. Maybe I never created one for TIG and I just assumed I did?  I know I have one for RS & SWFUK, but I figured there are more Ledy guys here than on RS & SWFUK.

Thanks for the RS link, I saw that one as well.  My newly acquired Jawa doesn't have stitching on the bottom quite as dark as the carded ones that Jose had in his pictures in that RS thread.  Is that the one you were referring to?

I also saw this thread from Ozio...
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4693-new-repro-fabric-for-ll-jawa-coat

Of all the ones that I've seen mine looks like most like the repro coat on the right in Ozio's picture.  The thread color is close to being the same, but the stitching on mine is much better aligned and more uniform than the one in his picture.

Here is another picture of mine.  Interestingly the stitching and color of the new hood matches the stitching and color of the coat that I know is legit.  

Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? <a href=Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? Jawa3_zpsellxe3z6" />
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro??   Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy Jawa - Real or Repro??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1