The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! Empty
PostSubject: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Seen anything sell for daft money lately? Post them here so we can all shed a tear or two...

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! 6jisj32

£69 for a dark brown legged "Palitoy" Han Hoth variant, good god I paid £12 for mine about 3 months ago and that included the seller dropping it off at where I work, the world's gone bonkers!!
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Great thread. Seems like Star Wars Vintage prices has gone way up lately. Way up.
Back to top Go down
Hooch
New User
New User
Hooch

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 3:31 am

I will play along and add this one from down under
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-STAR-WARS-Kenner-C-3PO-REMOVABLE-LIMBS-1982-action-figure-with-net-/331743145911?hash=item4d3d6eafb7%3Ag%3AwdgAAOSwCQNWgxOc&nma=true&si=MF9fAKvPX8JFcks1asLrhqPo3YQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Person who bought this really needs this :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 4:13 am

Nice one Hooch!

Here's another, £185 for an AT-AT which although came with 4 loose figs wasn't complete!!

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! Z2notcS
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 5:29 am

Prices have gone mental
The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! D31B436A-F5E2-44C1-96F7-4297A913653E_zpsdkflekfn

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! 51F54524-1E96-497F-B1F1-15B3D78DD512_zpsvck9euch

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! 2A6A24C0-D532-4EAE-8ED4-77EEF5C9F668_zpsz99asrbn

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! BBBA4DFC-A0DF-4B20-AA1D-C1ED91BCFD3C_zpsdcitfzcj
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 12:55 pm

Holy cow, that is crazy for that 12 back Luke. I mean all those prices are crazy but that one is insane.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 1:36 pm

I think that 12bk Luke is a DT isn't it?

Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 2:22 pm

Prices are definitely insane!

Darthmatt22 showed me a regular loose AT-ST driver that sold for about $110 unsure

A couple of days later I see a Sealed Moc AT-ST Driver with coin offer sticker sell for $35 lol!

That's ass backwards meeting

Sips tea.....
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 3:17 pm

walkie wrote:
I think that 12bk Luke is a DT isn't it?

Yes a DT
The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! 80C920D4-6B31-4E71-8375-7E58CBD15C86_zpse08ig71n
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 3:34 pm

Being a DT that may have been close to what Jordon got this past summer (I don't recall exactly but think it was around $15000 to $17000 each? does that sound right. anyone remember?)

However just because that is the current market doesn't make the price any less crazy. A few years back you could get these things for fractions of that price. Don't get me wrong, I love the toys and collecting; but I will never spend that kind of money for stuff. The most expensive items in my collection are glasslite vlix, but they weren't $17000. I wont even pay 4 figure prices anymore for anything. If that means I don't get to have it so be it.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 6:27 pm

Found this old picture, not a crazy sale price but fits "Mad Star Wars"
The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! Graded11
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 3:38 pm

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! WcPaKTb

£58 for 5 worn loose figures, 2 repro capes, 2 repro sabers and a repro gun (these latest badly painted ones which snap in half).

PS none of the repro stuff was disclosed in the listing and the bidders were all newbies with low ratings, oh dear me!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Rare Infrared Cape Ben :scratch:

Sike! rofl
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 5:21 pm

Jedi_june wrote:
Prices are definitely insane!

Darthmatt22 showed me a regular loose AT-ST driver that sold for about $110 unsure

A couple of days later I see a Sealed Moc AT-ST Driver with coin offer sticker sell for $35 lol!

That's ass backwards meeting

Sips tea.....

Yep.. AT-ST Driver went for $110, Gammorean Guard at $70, Biker Scout at $65.

I wish I kept the pictures. head bang
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 5:23 pm

Newbies are getting jacked lol
Back to top Go down
Alanc00k
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 3:29 am

I'm still trying to find a pic of the one on ebay recently, but stated it was a 1983 MOC Darth Vader didn't mention it was the VC collection, just rare vintage 1983, £130 Buy it now, unfortunately by a new member of eBay.

Some unscrupulous members on ebay are definitely cashing in on the latest increase in prices and unfortunately ripping people off. Shame.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 6:12 am

This next one comes via Facebook, shocking!!!

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! 5zxSvRE
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 1:17 pm

How about this loose sandcrawler.  Granted it's graded, but really £800 -- yes that's pounds!

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! Graded10
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 9:11 pm

Does this count? Because it was a "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!" moment for me:

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! Screen10

Guess who the seller is?

~ ~ ~

lol!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 9:21 pm

I swear I saw this picture somewhere because I specifically remember seeing the earth stand. Old age is taking my memory though as I don't remember why it was pointed out nor where it was. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 9:30 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
I swear I saw this picture somewhere because I specifically remember seeing the earth stand.  Old age is taking my memory though as I don't remember why it was pointed out nor where it was. :scratch:

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! K2_50b10
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 11:37 pm

I thought this was insane. The title is misleading but it clearly states in the description that the cape is a repro. So £82 for a beat up jawa, blaster and fake cape?

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! Jawa110

Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 10:57 am

rofl

You've got to be kidding me.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 4:14 pm

lol! whats that a butterfly? ????
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 5:19 pm

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! Screen12

-_-

This has to be one SERIOUS inside joke that we're all on the outside of! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next