The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

"The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book Empty
PostSubject: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi friends, I've just launched the kickstarter for my NEW SW collectible book "The Outer Realm, The Unauthorized Story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" which is slated to be finished by June. No one has really given this subject, especially not in the depth that we'll be going the credit it deserves , with pictures, information about the companies and in some cases even interviews with people that ran/worked at them. 200 pages+ and tons of great perks.
Check it out and give me some feedback and support

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/480115371/the-outer-realm-bootleg-star-wars-collectable-toy

Thanks &
Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

"The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 9:11 pm

That's awesome Joe. Been waiting on this one for a bit since Steve and you mentioned you guys were doing it. Somehow two identical ones posted to vintage chat so I got rid of one. Neither had comments yet.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 10:52 pm

looks and sounds great
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 11:17 pm

Saw this on Facebook.earlier, glad to see this kicking off. Good luck on it, it'll easily become "the guide" for bootlegs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 4:35 am

Cool. I'm happy to support this. BTW the designs by Jennifer, Jarrod and Bill are awesome!
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 10:44 pm

I'm really excited for this book, lets kickstart more support!
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 10:56 pm

I am very excited as well and in the New Year will definitely be sending in a payment for a signed copy to go with my other autographed books I have Smile.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 7:14 pm

This is for sure on my front burner. I need to put aside enough to pledge towards a signed copy of the book.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Joe can you maybe give more in depth the lines that will be discussed. I imagine it is all encompassing since it sounds that way, but I only collect the Mexican s.a. Line and I am sure some only collect the polish, or uzay, or model trem, or whatever so would be nice to know a bit of rundown on the various lines that might be involved. (Really hoping for super in depth on the Mexican lines). I collect the s.a. line but discovered last year another line of fully articulated ones that Wolff has been collecting and didn't even know these existed.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 8:24 pm

A partial run down of what's being discussed in the book:

Early US released knock offs including Star Warts, Ideal Star Team, Arco Space War, "Heritage" pewter figures, Force beam and other assorted light saber knock offs, Tomland Star Raiders and starroid Raiders, as well as other Tomland 3 3/4 figures. All of the Tara Toys figure cases as well as a few other companies that jumped on the bandwagon.

NON US lines:
Polish: Originals, Deluxe, Articulated (All gens)( co written by Mike Vogt), unarticulated
Hungarian: ALL
Mexican ALL, including an in depth run thru on the SA line co written by Steven Weimer
Model Trem, both series, and vehicles, slated to be co written with Martijn
Uzay everything, with additional info/help from Mete Akin
Ortit (Russian) co written and with a surprise from Gonzalo Dias Faez Rojo
Japan, ALL lines, including ARII, IMAI and more. with help, possibly being co written with Schuichi
Stormtrooper head robots
Spanish Redondo cap guns and sets
Lots of other knock off and bootleg and toys from all corners of the world. Literally EVERY vintage unlicensed SW toy that we have access to photos and information about. .Lots of help and extra pics and additional info coming from Daren Wilde, Wolff, and other top bootleg collectors, as well as layouts, and photo editing from Jarrod Clark and Chris Botkins. This is more of a community project than it is "just" me doing this. The main reason we need the kickstarter is both the printing of the book, and that our main photographer and full time editor, Jennifer Smith, is going to be working on the project literally full time and won't have a regular job while doing the book, so she needs to be paid for her work in order to dedicate as much time as the job will require.

So please support this project and we will NOT disappoint.
Cheers
J

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 8:46 pm

cheers Thanks Joe for sharing a bit more.  That is what I was hoping for.  This book for sure needs to get funded guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 10:23 am

Just looked over the Kickstarter page again. I don't know if the top tier donate level had a tour of joe's place before, but if you back at the top level you can go see Joe's collection (and try to talk him into selling something to you). If I only had the cash. I plan on pledging enough for the signed copy and the buttons.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 6:45 pm

the top tier perk has always had the tour of the collection in it. And don't worry the bootleg museum has a gift shop.....lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:24 pm

You heard it here, a gift shop (full of uzay goodness if you can get him to drink enough)

By the way love the avatar pic Mr Glasses. lol!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 8:26 pm

Joe, I saw someone asked if you had any sample pages to put up on Kickstarter. Since that was on another forum, I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't see it.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 10:37 pm

I pledged towards this book, but it doesn't look like it will make it. I am bumping this in case anyone wants to jump on board. Just under 3 days left with around $9500 needed to make the funding. Fingers crossed it gets there.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 2:42 pm

This project is so close. If you guys have any passion towards bootlegs this is a worthy endeavor. I am hoping it Makes it as I want this book. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 6:05 pm

Everyone with a passion for Star Wars toys full stop should support this project.

Lets make it happen!!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 4:02 pm

Just got an email from Joe via kickstarter:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kickstarter

Huge Update, and thank you for the support, RE-launch coming, look for it!!

Posted by Joseph Yglesias

First of all, a huge thank you to everyone that has pledged and shared the Outer Realm's kickstarter campaign.

Other than a last minute miracle, it's doubtful that the campaign will reach it's goal. I will be re-launching it tomorrow (if Kickstarter allows you to re launch that quickly) . It'll have a lower goal, thanks to some of the expenses that I was planning on, not being a factor any longer. I'll get to that in a minute. The printing, photo editing and layout are still going to have expenses. I'll be relaunching the campaign with a 15k goal, which means that IF everyone that has pledged to support the book, re-pledges, we will be at goal and the book WILL get to happen (with a slightly later release date than initially planned, but it'll still be published.

The BIG news; Thanks to an amazingly generous gesture by former Kenner product photographer, THE man who shot Luke Skywalker, Kim Simmons will be doing the primary photography for the book. I can not even begin to express how thankful and floored that I am that he'll be donating his time to help make this book happen.

So please up your pledges today if you can, if not, please be on the lookout for the relaunched campaign, and re-pledge your support. (unfortunately the way Kickstarter works is that if the campaign doesn't get fully funded, you have to start from the beginning again, so without a campaign reaching goal, no funds will be made available)

Thank You!!
Joseph

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you pledged you will have to repledge when he relist it. Hoping to see this get done yet. cheers

Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 4:35 pm

Very cool I will definitly sponser what I can at month end for the relaunch.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:40 am

It was about $8000 shy on the last goal which was $25000. If joe can relist it with a new goal of $15000 like he said it will more than make it if everyone comes back who signed up the first go.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:53 pm

Does anybody talk to Joe? He hasn't been around here much. Just wondering if he was going to kick this off again or if it is dead in the water. I backed it the first go and will again as I want this book.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Any news on if Joe is going to kick this off again? Man I really wanted this book. Sad
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:33 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Any news on if Joe is going to kick this off again?  Man I really wanted this book. Sad

Your not the only one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book   "The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The Outer Realm; The Unauthorized story of Unlicensed Star Wars Toys" book

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1