The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fake coins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Fake coins Empty
PostSubject: Fake coins   Fake coins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 7:14 pm

lol! lol!
print & make your own doh
Fake coins Fakeco10
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Fake coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake coins   Fake coins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 7:21 pm

? AJ is this something an average joe could/would do? Seems it would take a 3D printer or is it something else altogether? Fake coins have been around for a bit, but if people are making something where an average joe can print them now they will be everywhere.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Fake coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake coins   Fake coins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

I was sent an ebay link- it's to print on paper Razz
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Fake coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake coins   Fake coins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 8:03 pm

:I am stupid: I get it now. You print it like it shows, cut along the edge lines and fold it to make two sides and the edge around. Not likely to need help spotting these in the wild. rofl

Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

Fake coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake coins   Fake coins I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 4:11 am

I'd have to cut them out?  Damn, I could never make it in the world of scammers, it takes too much work! What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

Fake coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake coins   Fake coins I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Can you put a piece of chocolate inside like those gold foil coins that are sold in candy stores?
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

Fake coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake coins   Fake coins I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 4:36 pm

Here are some real fake coins on ebay right now that could fool someone if they didn't open the frame.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391317635993?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Back to top Go down
mickfett
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Fake coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake coins   Fake coins I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:21 am

beachboy19 wrote:
Here are some real fake coins on ebay right now that could fool someone if they didn't open the frame.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391317635993?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Atleast the seller is honest, clearly marked reproduction and he even says they are 1 sided.

I have yet to see a high quality, double-sided repro coin myself.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Fake coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake coins   Fake coins I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:44 am

I don't follow the coins so don't really know what all is out there, but this thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1117019/ suggests there are some very good fakes out there.

Aside from the super common coins that came with last 17 figures I don't have any of the coins.
Back to top Go down
mickfett
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Fake coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake coins   Fake coins I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:50 am

Damn, if these high end modern strike coins flood the market, it will really create a stir! Or who knows, maybe they already have!

I need to go double check all my coins now lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fake coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake coins   Fake coins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fake coins

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1