The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prayers go out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:08 pm

I just read what happened in Paris and other parts of France. Seems this occurred within the last hour? Looks like news is still breaking about it. So far they think the number of people killed is at 150. For those in France my prayers are with you. Paul, as your the only one I know off the top of my head, I hope your alright.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:18 pm

this is horrible , my prayers are with all involved
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 11:39 pm

I just saw it on the news. Like the two before me, prayers for everyone involved.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 6:51 am

Words fail me. My prayers also go out to all those affected by this atrocity.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 8:01 am

Thanks everyone and for your PMs and email. I believe Jawa57 and Stephane Faucourt are both based in Paris so I hope they're okay. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other French-based TIG members.
My family is okay as we're the other end of France and not directly affected but it's fkn horrible here right now. The boyfriend of one of my wife's friends was actually at the Bataclan venue last night watching the Eagles of Death Metal... for an hour he was un-contactble but he was one of the lucky ones who managed to escape and contact that he was safe. We have three young cousins who live and study in Paris and when we eventually heard they were safe it was such a relief. We stayed up late watching the news and checking social media for updates. Facebook made a app so you could check on people you knew.
After the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris this year you think things couldn't get any worse but they just did. Killing innocent people just starting the weekend, drinking, eating, going to a concert and the football is the absolute pits.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 12:45 pm

My 1st thoughts went to you Paul when I heard about this horrible event , it is a great relief to know that you and your family are okay .

My heart goes out to the victims , what a awful world we live in No
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 3:24 pm

Paul, I am glad you are ok. I saw jawa.57 logged in today so if that user is the one your talking about it seems he is ok, and I am glad of that also. I don't know stephane's username for sure but think it is chiquetaba. I have sent him a pm to check on him. My heart and prayers go to you and your countrymen.

Seems the insanity of individuals drives them to do these horrific types of things. They don't realize they accomplish the opposite of their own goals by doing this and the total senselessness of it. If they desired to harm the French people they will only have made the country stronger as the citizens all bond together against the common enemy. Cowards, the whole lot of them.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 3:38 pm

I briefly spoke to Stephane by email, he and his family are fine they stayed in  last night Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 3:48 pm

Nico wrote:
I briefly spoke to Stephane by email, he and his family are fine they stayed in  last night Very Happy

That is fantastic news Andy.  Coincidently while you were typing that response, I was typing a different one over on RS.  http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1124412/

To clarify weather or not someone believes in God has nothing to do with me sending prayers as I believe.  This thread is not purposed to stir religious debate nor to influence anyone so if you feel the same as the RS poster I am sorry that you see it differently.  I genuinely wanted my friends to know I care about them and my belief is in a God that allows the power of prayer to make a difference.  I know we have an off topic section and I will eventually move this thread there after a day or two, but I wanted our community to see we care for each other and for other people in the world.  I knew at the time I wrote this thread that we have some French members (Paul came up in my head immediately, but I also know Stephane through conversations about his books) and I wanted our French brothers to know we care.  I know this is long winded but that guy on RS ruffled my feathers a bit.

Edit: Jawa.57 has confirmed he is ok as well as his family and friends. I have attempted to make contact with the French members who were made known to me, If anyone knows of others feel free to let me know.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:32 pm

I've read your post on RS and here Bryan and totally agree with you on both mate

I thought Chiquetaba's name was Nicholas :scratch:
Stef would know as he's bought/sold to him :scratch:

Really glad all our French members/friends and their families are well during this terrible time.

Cheers Andy

Last edited by Nico on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Nico wrote:
I thought Chiquetaba's name was Nicholas :scratch:
Stef would know as he's bought/sold to him :scratch:

Kind of confusing, but we have a chiktabba and a chiquetabba; one is stephane from France and the other is Nicholas from Spain (I think that's where he is at anyway)
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Bryan, I've wondered about that name before mate :scratch:
Main thing all are French friends are safe through this terrible time
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 8:16 pm

Absolutely terrible event. I thought about the friends I've made over there over the years and it was a sobering reminder of the world we live in. But had someone told me years back I'd have people I consider close friends living in Paris I would've been shocked. So I'm doubly blessed to have friends we never would've met and that they're alright.

My prayers go out to everyone in France.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 11:18 pm

These Terrorist Attacks in France, Tunisia and Kuwait were hard to hear about my prayers are for those who are suffering now where ever they may be.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Nico wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up Bryan, I've wondered about that name before mate  :scratch:
Main thing all are French friends are safe through this terrible time

Nothing new to add except I made contact with Stephane and he says he and his family are well (as Andy had said already)

I am going to move this thread to the off topic section now.

Also just a bit of information for Andy, I searched what chicktabba means in French and through the magic of Google I found an old French Star Wars forum. Using google translate I found the part that mentions this name and apparently chicktabba is what chewbacca was called in French comics. I had not know that prior and curiosity got the better of me. From what it said it is a formation of two words put together but in and of itself is not a real word. Kind of neat information. According to what Google was able to translate for me it was spelled the way with the ck and not the que, but I don't know for sure if that is factual. Anyway just a tidbit I found and thought was interesting which has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread. lol!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 12:59 pm

Prayers go out Guerre10

Prayers go out France10

Prayers go out 48782710

Prayers go out Untitl10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prayers go out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers go out   Prayers go out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prayers go out

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1