The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! 2015-010

For those of you who aren't aware (unless someone made a thread so far back that I haven't seen it), there's a subscription box that just came out for Star Wars called the "Smuggler's Bounty."

Every other month you receive a box delivered to your door with a t-shirt (of your size), patch, pin and 3-4 other exclusives only available from the subscription.

It goes hand in hand with Marvel's other subscription box, which is currently on it's 4th box this month, delivering on the months that the Star Wars one does not.

Though it isn't vintage, it's still cool!

If anyone is interested, here is the link: https://www.smugglersbounty.com/

-- after taxes and shipping, the subscription plan is roughly $31 every two months (domestic, I don't know about int'l).

Last edited by darthmatt22 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:23 pm

That is cool. But 15 bucks a month is a bit rich for my taste. Especially since I like to put my discretionary funds toward travel and vintage.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 10:10 am

I think that's interesting if you like modern and are up for the subs. If the tee-shirts are quality then that's a good deal really. My wife subscribes to Birch Box for cosmetics and often she's received some quality items way above the value of the monthly sub. A few times she's received items she doesn't like but this is rare as you're supposed to check off a list of stuff you prefer and stuff you don't like to receive.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 10:16 am

Definitely quality t-shirts. It's essentially $50+ value for $25 (even though after taxes and such it's more like $30).

But if you really had to, you could sell the items you don't want and more than make your money back.

Example, the Marvel Avengers' box that I received months back came with a Funko Pop that sold for $40-45 range.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 3:24 pm

Just got delivered this morning -- *Spoilers* -- Content of the box below:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 4:05 pm

The ones in that last picture are pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 6:13 pm

The idea of getting surprises regularly in the mail is great.  I think I've seen someone with a similar version- maybe the Marvel one?  They were unhappy the 'quality/value' dropped off after a few parcels and you are obligated to the subscription.

edit: I think John just got the box...

Last edited by aussiejames on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Funny, they must all be arriving. I got the same box today (my items are identical except I have a different adornment on my 2nd photo item). It was a present from my neighbors!

Not a bad little amount of stuff!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 8:20 pm

@AJ -- I can see that happening. I tried other subscription boxes for a month that were just poor, low quality items. I ended up cancelling them a long while ago.

I currently have the Marvel box which has been consistent each month with it's items (next month being it's 5th month I believe), and this Star Wars one.

@DB Agreed. A good start to the Smuggler's Bounty.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Matt, is the stuff always the pop vinyl figures? I didn't go to the link for it, but do they ever send anything else. Those are cool, but I don't think I would want a ton of them just certain characters. They are not really something that interests me a lot.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:09 pm

One pop vinyl is always guaranteed, as is the t-shirt of your size, collectible pin and patch. The other items vary.

As far as the Marvel box goes (since there's only been one Star Wars box so far), I have received figures, comics, mystery mini's, and keychains on top of the above mentioned.

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 2:01 am

Matt, some nice items in that SW gift box cheers
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:56 pm

A little late, but...

Smuggler's Bounty Box #2! (January)

Included:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

*Last image provided by Google -- I ended up giving them away to a friend*
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 9:01 am

Got mine too, identical box. It's still neat since it was a gift . For free, it's a helluva deal!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 3:12 pm

Cool goodies once again. I like the drinking vessel. I wonder if they do other characters in that same style.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 11:32 am

This is the Smuggler's Bounty for March 2016 -- "Cantina Box"

I'm sure there are other possibilities on the t-shirt and funko pops, but this is what I ended up with! bounce

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 4:04 pm

More cool stuff. I like the patch.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:02 pm

Nice goodies once again! That Tee is really cool.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 5:36 pm

I like that Red Snagg Pop Matt, very cool mate Very Happy
You got a great box this month cheers
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 9:38 am

Thanks guys! I'm still waiting to see if @DarthBerizing received a box that differed in items? Laughing
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:02 am

My gift has run out, so I hate to tell you but I'm done!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:14 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
My gift has run out and......

I am a cheap mofo and did not re-up.

@darthberizing I fixed that statement for you. lol!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:41 am

trappedtexan wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:
My gift has run out and......

I am a cheap mofo and did not re-up.

@darthberizing I fixed that statement for you. lol!

Actually it was a birthday gift. So in this narrow instance, I wasn't. But normally, I'd agree lol!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 11:15 am

Crying or Very sad

And then there was one.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 11:38 pm

So this was announced!

Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! Smuggl10

I know most of you opt out of the subscription boxes, but I figured I'd take a shot seeing as in a few months, this 40th anni box will be shipped out!

I also find it fitting that Leia gets to be the cover character. bow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!   Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Subscription Box - 40th Anniversary!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next