The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float? Empty
PostSubject: Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float?   Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 7:56 am

Hi everyone. I am new to the site and this is my first post. Do the staffs/spears to Wicket and Logray from the 1985 vintage Ewoks line float or sink? I cannot find them in the weapons description links. Do they have the usual glossy Kenner weapon look or are they matte? The reason I ask, is I just acquired 2 loose figures off ebay and I am worried I just got stuck with repro weapons. They sank. The seller claimed he bought them as a collector when they came out originally and is the original owner.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float?   Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:02 am

Welcome to TIG welcome

That's a great question. Dulok Shaman, Wicket , Gorneesh and Dulok Scout all have replacements. But I'm not really sure if they float. Hopefully someone will chime in.

However, I'm going to order the 3 repro's which are all available on reproparts. Once i get them , we'll examine them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float?   Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 4:28 pm

I think I have seen a reproduction logray staff in the past. May not be on the site your talking about John, but I think I saw it up on ebay one time.
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float?   Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 9:00 am

The seller says he opened the Logray figure himself and swears the staff is original. I did a more extensive float test. The staff "floats" if you carefully set it on top of the water. If you tap it under or hold it down, it does not float all the way up but sort of suspends midway in the water. May be legit. I don't know.

The seller said the Wicket spear is repro. Bummer. Now I need to find an original one. I throw repro stuff in the trash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float?   Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ewoks vintage cartoon staffs... do they float?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1