The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond Empty
PostSubject: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 12:30 pm

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-18-the-french-connection/

Episode 18 is out now.  Rather than posting new threads would it work best staying in one?

Last edited by Richard_H on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 1:40 pm

Thanks for posting this Rich. I'll look forward to listening to the show cheers
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Keep us updated, as to when the episode is ready. cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 7:52 am

Here you go......

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-17-may-the-fawcett-be-with-you/
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:01 am

Rich - It was a great experience getting to chat with you! Great discussion and really a lot of fun!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 6:41 am

I'm an hour in and great show so far cheers

Rich, some more info re the Wednesday release date here in France. It's not so much a 'rule' as an old tradition to show new films on a Wednesday (both foreign and French btw).

Pre 1970s France always showed new films on a Thursday to cater for children and families as schools were closed on this day. At the beginning of the 70s the school calendar was changed to no school on a Wednesday - so cinemas reacted by changing their release days to a Wednesday to catch family viewers.

I also found out that Wednesdays gave the cinema owners a rough idea of a film's popularity and what audience number to expect on the more busier weekend following and what size room to show it in.

Well, I'm happy to see it here on the 16th  popcorn

But apparently the United Arab Emirates is actually showing it first on the 15th  lol!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 1:29 pm

Just finished listening to it. Well done. :clap:

Those damn Canucks have nothing better to do than create customs. lol! lol! rofl
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Ah that makes sense Paul cheers for that.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Just finished listening to it.  Well done. :clap:

Those damn Canucks have nothing better to do than create customs. lol! lol! rofl

I think I may actually understand this! Canuck = Canadian?
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 4:07 pm

Richard_H wrote:
I think I may actually understand this!  Canuck = Canadian?

You are correct. cheers Also sometimes call "Crazy Canucks". lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 10:45 am

The interview with Chris Fawcett was really enjoyable. Must have been such a buzz back in those days discovering what was out there, and a great story about the family connection. Enjoyed John's interview too. Not only does he send the team loads of no pressies at Xmas he even makes us work Xmas day Smile Top notch podcast, well done everyone cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 11:02 am

Commander Clint wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jez
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Jez

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Guys guys, its Jez from the podcast.
It's an absolute pleasure and privilege to be part of this collecting community. I certainly hope to be a bigger contributor onto this forum. Up until now i've mainly be focused on SWFUK but this is such a fantastic site for information, i'd be a fool not to get involved.
It appears that the interviews have gone down really well. I think JohnPaul nailed it, so i'm sure you'll soon see some more traffic over here because of it. Promoting this forum and the .com on the podcast is nothing new. We think this place rocks hence the podcast quiz panel a few podcasts back titled; "Oh no, whose left a floater?" Which focused on reproduction items and was only possible because of the information on here.
Keep up the great work. As i said, i'll try to get a bit more involved over here when i get the chance. In fact i'll take a look around now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Jez, great to have you here.  I haven't had the chance to listen to the podcast yet, but I am sure it is awesome.  Please look around and make yourself at home.  The more people who can see the great resources we have here, the more that hopefully we can keep from being taken with fake items.  Possibly if you guys need more victims....um I mean interviewees lol!  in the future some of our great devs can take part.  I know some of them are working on more great guides and other projects.  I don't want to give anything away until some of these things are revealed, but the stuff I have seen thus far is very impressive.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 12:48 pm

I forgot to say it was blast hearing the Swop Shop theme again lol!

I've listened to a few of the pods now and noticed some old ads and themes crop up. Have you had Texan bar yet? I imagined it with Fett as the narrator, but then I am sometimes quite sad.

"Hold on there Han Solo, you wouldn't blast a Rodian until he's finished his Texan bar would you? Bite through the chocolate and chew, reeeeal slooow... Someone shudda told Han a Texan takes time to chew. Texan, sho is a mighty chew" What a Face

7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond Images10
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Just finished listening to your interview John. Really enjoyed hearing your take on the hobby and community right now. Hope you make it over here for celebration next year, would be great to catch up and say hi!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 6:39 pm

I must find a way to listen to these at work. I'm hearing rumours my name has popped up Laughing
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 4:25 am

I can't confirm or deny the rumours James, you'll just need to listen for yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 6:26 am

By the time AJ has the technical know-how to listen to a podcast I think his grandkids will be changing his diaper and feeding him strained carrots.
Back to top Go down
Jez
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Jez

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 5:18 pm

You are correct AJ, i did name you and so did Jeanpaul at least once.

I think TIG will be getting a lot more mentions from now on.
I've written the show notes for the next New Acquisitions section and TIG features a fair bit. I've discovered your acquisitions thread and intend to give brief shout outs to several of you cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 5:31 pm

jared007 wrote:
Just finished listening to your interview John. Really enjoyed hearing your take on the hobby and community right now. Hope you make it over here for celebration next year, would be great to catch up and say hi!

Thank you. I have to say I've gotten a few messages from people that were very positive. I'm glad my love for TIG and the hobby shined through. Sometimes it's hard when you're only known through the keyboard.

I do have tickets for C3, if my family is in we will be there!!! If not, I'll have 4 passes for sale lol!!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Jez wrote:
You are correct AJ, i did name you and so did Jeanpaul at least once.

I think TIG will be getting a lot more mentions from now on.
I've written the show notes for the next New Acquisitions section and TIG features a fair bit.  I've discovered your acquisitions thread and intend to give brief shout outs to several of you cheers

I'm stoked to here that!! If you ever need anything from us here, just reach out. I really did have a great time talking with Rich and enjoy the podcast!
Back to top Go down
Jez
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Jez

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 5:36 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:

I do have tickets for C3, if my family is in we will be there!!! If not, I'll have 4 passes for sale lol!!

Well for the sake of the Family and Star Wars in general i sincerely hope you can make it.
If you can't go i'll gladly buy them from you. I need a ticket for the Saturday as i left it too late thinking they wouldn't see out this quick. I have tickets for Friday and Sunday but not the big one, doh. Wife and kids also going on the Sunday.

Once again, it'll be cool if you can go, but if not, baggie first refusal bounce
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 5:42 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
By the time AJ has the technical know-how to listen to a podcast I think his grandkids will be changing his diaper and feeding him strained carrots.

lol! Someone needs to get this on tape so AJ can listen to it on his Walkman.

Back to top Go down
Jez
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Jez

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 6:19 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:

lol!  Someone needs to get this on tape so AJ can listen to it on his Walkman.

I think we might need a few tapes. This is The Vintage Rebellion we're talking about lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond   7 - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast  - Episode 19 and beyond I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 19 and beyond

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next