The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your brush with greatness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Your brush with greatness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your brush with greatness   Your brush with greatness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:39 am

trappedtexan wrote:
What happened with the apprentice?  That would be a really cool experience with the Yankees dugout.  What a cool thing it would be if James earl jones called.  

John: "hello"
JEJ: "John, I am your neighbor"
John:"..............."
JEJ: "are you there?"
John: "I........love.........darth vader, I even named my self darthberizing on my site"
JEJ: click. Thinks to himself, wtf is wrong with that guy.
lol!
Well , I tried out for the show. It was a roundtable discussion and then everyone voted on who they'd watch on TV. I got the most votes (t my table, there were a ton TBH), but never got a callback.

The Yankess dugout was awesome. We actually sat in dugout, stood on the field, went in the clubhouse too. It was surreal.

That conversation might be accurate, albeit less awkward than what would really happen:

JEJ: Is this John?
Me: Yes, who's this?
JEJ:James Earl Jones
Me:ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmm
JEJ: I've made a huge mistake. "Click"
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your brush with greatness   Your brush with greatness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 2:22 pm

JEJ: I've made a huge mistake. "Click"

Your brush with greatness - Page 2 112

lol!
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Your brush with greatness   Your brush with greatness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 11:05 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Limelight.   Yes please.  :clap:

So here it is.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryU1vdZrR-0

If you can't see the link search Conan o Brian as deputy part 2.  For whatever reason he decided to come down and play a deputy.  I am only on for a few minutes.  I own the consignment store.  Even though I am only on for a few minutes he was in my store and messing with customers and whatnot for like an hour.  I have a signed pic he sent me saying it was cool to meet me.  I have gained a ton of weight since my cop days so don't poke fun.  We had no idea he was going to be around and in fact I know the sheriff and all the deputies and saw them actually running across the parking lot to the old grocery store and thought what the heck is going on.  The sheriff never runs for anything.  I of course immediately thought there must be a shooting it something.  He was really cool to meet and is freakishly tall.  I am 6'2" for comparison.  The crappy thing was this was right around the start of winter here and that morning it was hot, but a cold front came in and quickly cooled the place off.  Not having a jacket I grabbed one off one of the racks just to stay warm while I was trying to watch them over at the grocery store.  You can see the price tag on the jacket if you pay close attention.  It is on the upper left chest area.  It is probably the coolest interaction I have had with a celebrity as he was doing all sorts of stupid stuff in the store.  It was a fun day.
Who is this Bryan guy :scratch: Why haven't we got any Intel on him lol! lol! lol!
Don't know how I missed this  doh
Any new guys haven't seen this, it's funny man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your brush with greatness   Your brush with greatness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 6:08 pm

I forgot I shared this.  Kind of embarrassing how much weight I have gained. Embarassed (Trying to lose it now but I like sweets to much I think)

I let my kid watch this (he is seven now) and when he saw it he got started crying because they said to shoot me in the back.  He didn't understand it was a joke.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your brush with greatness   Your brush with greatness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:56 am

I just caught up with reading everything. When my eyes stop burning, I'll share.

Btw Bryan, nice video!

A lot of you guys have met some really cool people between movie/tv/music stars.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Your brush with greatness   Your brush with greatness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 2:17 pm

trappedtexan wrote:

I let my kid watch this (he is seven now) and when he saw it he got started crying because they said to shoot me in the back.  He didn't understand it was a joke.
Sorry to hear the little fella got upset Bryan as he didn't understand doh
You played your part well mate, I found it quite amusing, thanks for posting cheers
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your brush with greatness   Your brush with greatness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Okay...buckle up. I'm gonna' write a novel.

- Stan Lee: At my first "big" convention in Philadelphia 5 or 6 years ago, I bought a meet and greet with Stan Lee where I was able to get a picture and autograph on one of my books. Really cool guy, but you can see that he's exhausted from the events he does.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore (Creators of the Walking Dead): I was out getting lunch in the city during the time the NYC convention was going on. Strolling down the block I recognized Robert Kirkman and he was totally cool with chatting and taking a picture. Since then, I've run into him a few more times for pictures and autographs. The latter two (Moore, Adlard) were met inside the convention center. I donated to Adlard's charity and in return he signed some books and took a picture. Same with Moore (picture, autograph)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Todd McFarlane (Creator of Spawn, the king of early 1990's Spider-Man, Image): I was lucky enough to draw a ticket in which I got a meet and greet. He was a really nice guy and took the time to ask how my convention was going, signed a few of my key books and then took a picture.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Mike Mignola (Creator of Hellboy): During a cross country work road trip from N.J. to San Diego this past summer for the San Diego Con, my biggest goal was to meet Mignola, which I did. Nice guy (to me at least) but looks like he'll be able to switch in a minute's notice if you ask too many questions or take up too much of his time.  rofl As a side note, he only attends San Diego Con, so it was a really big deal since I wouldn't be able to catch him anywhere else nearby.
- Neal Adams (Famous DC artist, primarily Batman): I hung out with Neal and his wife at their booth for about an hour at a winter convention. I left to get a coffee and he asked me to get him one as well and then we talked for some more. Really down to earth guy and he gave me a nice price on a Batman commission for a friend.
- Chris Claremont (the writer and savior of X-Men, co-wrote "#1 best selling comic of all time"): I was down in Asbury Park, N.J. for their convention and Chris Claremont was headlining it.. literally. They wouldn't open the doors until his car pulled up, we (or at least whoever recognized him) watched him walk into the building and then they opened the doors 2 minutes later. I went to his booth and he asked me how I liked his new (at the time) series for Nightcrawler. I told him I enjoyed it, and he said he hadn't even seen the finished product yet. He then proceeded to hand me $4 and told me to see if I could pick an issue up for him. Pretty cool errand!

- Various other artists/ comic celebs: Jim Cheung, J.Scott Campbell, Herb Trimpe, Charlie Adlard, Bob Layton, Jim Lee..forgetting some.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I think it was two years ago now where the Walker Stalker Convention (Walking Dead) stopped in NJ for their NJ/NY show. I met a lot of the cast and took pictures with almost all of them. I'll just use their television character names for who I've met: Glenn, Daryl, Hershel, T-Dog, Tyreese, Merle, Shane, Abraham.

Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) was new to the show and we had a conversation about how long he thinks he would last. lol!

Jon Bernthal (Shane or.. The Punisher!) was nice enough to have a conversation. I asked him how the transition was from TV to film, what projects were next, etc. The picture with him came out blurry (courtesy of the handler) and he was nice enough to take another one.

Michael Rooker (Merle) was on crack...had to be. I don't think he knew where he was, but he was mentally all over the place.

Steven Yeun and Norman Reedus were quick hi's and hello's, but seemed nice. I think Reedus, when realizing how long the lines were for him (about 500 people deep), started passing out snacks and water.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sports:

I went to the Philadelphia Eagles training camp one year in Bethlehem, P.A. (when they had it there) and after their last practice of the year, the entire team, coaching staff, etc. came and shook everyone's hands individually. Pretty cool!

When the "first cold weather Super Bowl" came to N.J., my job hosted a Super Bowl party and I was lucky enough to be one of two people to take care of and hangout with Jerry Rice and his family, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs and Eli Manning for a few hours. JR's superbowl ring almost blinded me. Eli was kind of dragging. Like, hangover dragging. Everyone was super down to Earth.

Kevin Boss (TE for the Giants and I think the Raiders afterward) used to work out at the gym that I went to, and also shopped at the local GameStop.

Brook Lopez (Brooklyn Nets) shops at my local comic book shop

John Cena, Kane (WWE) both stopped into the gym for a workout during a visit to the Meadowlands. They were nice guys, but I didn't want to interrupt their routine too much.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your brush with greatness   Your brush with greatness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 3:57 pm

Wow, huge Todd Mcfarlane fan and Neal Adams fan also. I still have a bunch of Jerry Rice cards from my card collecting days. Vaguely remember seeing some wrestler named kane but I had stopped watching wrestling for the most part after the over the top showmanship. I remember my dad used to make us sit around and watch wrestling and we always routed for the vonerics (may not be the correct spelling). I did meet some wrestlers but cant even remember who they were now. I may run across their autographs one day. They came to the DFW and specifically to my school when I was around 8 years old.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your brush with greatness   Your brush with greatness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 6:50 pm

Going to bump this hoping some other stories come out.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your brush with greatness   Your brush with greatness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 11:07 pm

Just in case any new guys (or older members too) want to share any of their meeting famous folks stories, I figured I'd bump this up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your brush with greatness   Your brush with greatness - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your brush with greatness

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2