The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake???? Empty
PostSubject: Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake????   Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake???? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:07 pm

hey everyone , heres my first official post on tig!!! anyways i purchased this leia on ebay as an authentic lily ledy . i dont know what to think here . i think its a fake ledy maybe??? . the helmet is very squishy almost nerf football rubbery with no letter in it. look at the paint or whats left of it also ... the color is a bit darker than its know kenner in my collection .. the "lily ledy is on the left ".. i dont know , it wasnt expensive but i feel like at the very least the helmet is a repro . please help thanks Mad  Mad  Mad  No ....bill
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake????   Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake???? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:08 pm

i dont know why pictures didnt show hmmm???
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake????   Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake???? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:28 pm

hellhippie wrote:
i dont know why pictures didnt show hmmm???

Hi Bill. It takes about a week before new users can post images. When this time passes you should be good. If you still have any probs here's a thread to help: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5234-how-to-contact-the-tig-team-how-to-upload-pictures-to-the-forum

Paul
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake????   Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake???? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi Bill, have you checked out the Ledy thread? If not, here is a link: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1

From the description, I suspect the helmet may be a Taiwan version. If it has little paint left, someone may have attempted to chemically strip it? This could account for the soft spongy feel.

We'll await the photo's to confirm.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake????   Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake???? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 2:19 pm

Pics can be seen here of the figure in question.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1118516/

Here is the Ledy guide section: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p30-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1#Leia%20Boushh

My bet is this is a regular kenner figure and possibly a taiwan helmet. I would ask for a refund or at least a partial refund, but he may want you to pay for return shipping if you have to return it and it would have to be tracked. The original auction (assuming this is it http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Boushh-LILI-LEDY-Mexico-Action-Figure-RARE-ROTJ-/231498538953?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e6635fc9&nma=true&si=5NXX5nuwkuPKBRI2HDQ%252F8yf%252BOms%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557) was only $10 so you would probably lose money by having to return it. This is one of those Ledy figures that is better sourced fom a reliable Ledy source. The tells for her plastic color and paint are much better in person than in a pic, but it helps to have pics side by side especially the face as the head is molded in a more tan color than the kenner which is more pink.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake????   Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake???? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 5:37 pm

hey yes that is the figure , and yes that was the auction man you guys are good. ive never owned a Taiwan variant helmet . the figures face looks a bit pinkish to be a ledy to me but ill let the experts decide when I take more photos in a week . the figure is a bit darker than my kenner figure yes. ive been on a ledy kick and have otten burnd more than once. im a member of rs also but this site seems much better suited fr help and topics of foreign figures and I love it for that ........ Very Happy . since I own more than complete set of kenners my focus has been on foreign variants ,,, ledy , glasslite (complete im stoked) and hopefully I can score some more poch and pbp variants .. thanks guys Angry SW Angry SW Angry SW ill take more pics in a week before contacting the seller if I need to doh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake????   Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lily Ledy Leia Boush Fake????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1